You know you are having a bad season when....?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

You know you are having a bad season when....?

On August 21st, your team leaders in Wins is Clay Buchholz, and your Closer tied with 5!!!!

Please feel free to contribute your own answer to the Topic Question.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: You know you are having a bad season when....?

In response to tomnev's comment:

On August 21st, your team leaders in Wins is Clay Buchholz, and your Closer tied with 5!!!!

Bridge year !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Where do you start??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

that is actually.....mind boggling.

other names i have posted under:  none

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Well, the team's leader will be Lester so in fairness, the stat is skewed when Lackey/Lester are getting traded in the FireSale.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

Well, the team's leader will be Lester so in fairness, the stat is skewed when Lackey/Lester are getting traded in the FireSale.

Understood, but only in a horrible season would a team trade their top two leaders in WINS so it kind of goes with the narrative.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Only fools would FireSale with 2 postseason giants in the rotation....but it will be painted as Cespedes, Craig could not be had in the off season....whatever.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

...threads about forum moderators are much busier and more entertaining than game threads. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

When...........

The best defense of your #1prospect SS's poor Defensive Skills is.....  Hey!  it's unlikely the he will finish the year hitting below The Mendoza Line!   Great sign for next year. :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

When......

You don't have a single player likely to hit above .300....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

.....Daniel Nava is your hottest hitter other than Ortiz, but has season stats that are mystifying. He has not hit a HR in his last 200 plate appearances yet since June 4, his average has nearly doubled from .136 to .264, and in all of that time he has only driven in 19 RBI all season in 250 plate appearances. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Nava has been my whipping boy all season, but as a hitter you got to give him credit for coming from the dead to raise his average .128 points over the course of 2-1/2 months. That's pretty hard to do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

How Nava has been used has also obviously helped his average...no more Right-handed hitting. Staying exclusively lefty and being used primarily v. right-handed pitchers has been a godsend for him as a batter. Nothing wrong with that, but if he was facing lefties and he was batting right-handed I don't think he would have raised his average the way he has.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

When you still watch the games, but with trepidation and pain.  This is unfortunate because 2013 was such a great year and should make this year palatable. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

max, I was first following yesterday's game on radio, came home and watched Ortiz hit his bomb...then this crept into my mind "watch, the Angels will rally because of Richards injury and the Sox will just do nothing v. the relievers from this point on." Sure enough that's exactly what happened. Typical of Sox to lay down and die after a good start to a game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If the Angels sweep, and it may be one of the most predictable sweeps of the year, I will just shrug my shoulders and think this is what happens when you pretend everything is okay after you lose a CF, SS, and C from a WS champion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

.. Andrew Mitch is never too busy to post.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

that is actually.....mind boggling.

other names i have posted under:  none

Not when you trade your two top win leaders it isn't

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

when your most talked about player is a utility guy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

when scoring 4 runs is considered an offensive explosion.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

when being moved from Pawtucket to Boston is considered a demotion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Brock Holt, the sensation, has just 3 HR, 27 RBI and 30 extra-base hits this year in 423 plate appearances...and he's the guy being praised. If this were another year, people would say what exactly does this kid have to offer other than that he can play a ton of positions....I'm not saying this to dump on him, I like the kid, and I hope he get a utility spot next year, but let's come down a bit on how great he has been for Sox. If anything, he's part of the problem, just another tableset guy with little to no power and little to no RISP hitting.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

When J-BAY'S game thread disappears from the forum menu and nobody notices.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

When Clay Buchholz is still in the starting rotation.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

When your 39 million dollar right fielder has his last name legally changed to INJURINO.

Sections
Shortcuts