You "We Need Pitching" Drivel Drones: Put up or Shut Up!!!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: You

Did anyone teach you good manners?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

and your specifics are???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did anyone teach you good manners?

[/QUOTE]

Hill, 

Trotters only distinctive style is how to be a rude insulting moron. In this category he is unrivaled. He just gets off on pisssing others off. There's a word for it. TROLL !!

Hetch 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

oh yeh!  It doesn't really matter!!!!  When all your predictions or recommendations prove to be wrong, you will simply change the subject or deny that you ever made them.

:)  It's so much fun watching you make a fool of yourself :)  LOL

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Sign Hiroki Kuroda 2yrs- 13m per season

Acquire Derek Holland (and hopefully Elvis Andrus) in a package that would sent Ellsbury, Lester, Aceves and Bard to Texas

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just as I suspected, a bunch of cowards with zero specifics. It's going to be fun saying "shut up" everytime one of you has the audacity to say "we need pitching".

[/QUOTE]

Again!  Your specifics are???

If you are implying that there is not much out there, you would be correct.  It's gonna be tough to fill the holes in this SR, but one more hole that MUST BE dug & then filled is LACKEY!

What say you on Lackey?  STAY or GO??  Make the call.

Then...... give us your changing wisdom on pitchers to go after.

Oh!  WAIT!  It doesn't really matter what you say today, as you will simply change your tune when proven to be the moron you are!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

We are fans not G.M.s. some may want Greinkee, some may want Anibal, some may advocate trading for an Ace while others may simply state that the FA class stinks so develop he young arms and wait it out a year.  

But good job clumping the majority of fans who have identified pitching as a problem area into one group of must be pretend GM's otherwise they are to succumb of a life of no opinion on their team.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Been there. Done that.

Done it already and reposted it 5 or more times. Learn how to read, then get back to me.

BTW, your "be specific to make sure you could acquire them" is a joke, like your Jake & Jed for AGon deal or your Jake & Jed for kemp deal, and now your Jake, Aviles and lesser prospects for J Upton deal.  Then, there's your famous "offer Oswalt $1M/1yr" type ideas that have absolutely zero chance of ever happening. Get real before pretending to  judge others for making outlandish offer suggestions.

Every "offer" you have ever suggested has been a pipe dream.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Every "offer" you have ever suggested has been a pipe dream.

[/QUOTE]

Hi Moon, 

Nice for the head clown to name call others asking for specifics when he doesn't post them in the same write up. I'm not going to waste hours looking through Trotter's prior drivel to see his suggestions. If he's such a bloody genius he should put his money where his rather over sized ego is.

Hey Chicken (Trotter), if you're such a genius let's hear all of your ideas of who the Sox should go after, then we can comment. 

• I'd love to see Grienke at 15+mil but not sure if he can handle to Boston media and fans as others have suggested. His asking price is too high to risk. As for bringing back Masterson as some have suggested, he's just another young pitcher with a high era and whip which we do not need. Jake Peavy could be a possibility but if he asks any where near the 22mil option he's way too pricy. If he can be signed at a reasonable price I'm for Peavy. If Kuroda is a free agent for what ever NY signed him for he'd be a very solid pick up. We should've signed him last year. After that bring back Sandy Koufax and Don Drysdale !! 

Hetchinspete

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

Just as I suspected, a bunch of cowards with zero specifics. It's going to be fun saying "shut up" everytime one of you has the audacity to say "we need pitching".

[/QUOTE]

Now listen Softy, we really need pitching and we really need to keep Ellsbury forever and ever and ever.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

This is a bizarre thread.

Whoever thought a simple idea that the Sox need to improve their pitching would be controversial.

Here's another controversial idea:

The Sox need to improve the lineup. (QUICK, HIDE THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]

Name the pitcher or pitchers you would acquire for 2013, and provide the specific details of what you would pay in money and or players to make sure you could acquire them.

If I don't get those specifics from you stooges, anytime someone carps about the pitching, I will repeat "shut up" as many times as used Wastefield to get him off the good ole boy payroll for washed up bums.

I expect Moonshwemp will provide nothing but "different scenarios" and "might take more than that" nonsense.

[/QUOTE]

Well Trotter, seems like we have a 'pot calling the kettle black' situation here...orginating for someone who bombasticly critcizes certain players on the team and offers no solution to improve the product, other than giving up talent for nothing.

In any event, I will play you game...IMO the Sox need one (1) starter to fill their rotation in 2013, assuming none of their current starters are traded.

The core:

1. Lester
    2. Buccholz
    3. Doubront / Morales
    4. Lackey
    5. Pitcher needed

There are a few free agent  pitchers that might be useful that I am willing to acquire for whatever price the market dictates...they have salary space for this purpose:

1. Jake Peavy - 3 years 45 million
    2. Anibal Sanchez - 3 years 30 million
    3. Brandon McCarthy - 3 years 30 million
    4. Josh Joshson - trade with Marlins including Doubront, Ranaudo etc.

How's that for responding to you hypocritical dropping of a gauntlet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

Name the pitcher or pitchers you would acquire for 2013, and provide the specific details of what you would pay in money and or players to make sure you could acquire them.

If I don't get those specifics from you stooges, anytime someone carps about the pitching, I will repeat "shut up" as many times as used Wastefield to get him off the good ole boy payroll for washed up bums.

I expect Moonshwemp will provide nothing but "different scenarios" and "might take more than that" nonsense.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, So you will say "shut up".  Everytime.  No kidding.  

Who cares?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is a bizarre thread.

Whoever thought a simple idea that the Sox need to improve their pitching would be controversial.

Here's another controversial idea:

The Sox need to improve the lineup. (QUICK, HIDE THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN).

[/QUOTE]

Hey, look, I know this is a sensitive subject for some of you, and those of you familiar with my posting style know I dont want to anger anyone, but I have point out that the Sox hitting w/risp has been less than ideal. Then, those players (PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR SAYING THIS, IM TRULY SORRY) who handle the baseball on each play and throw it toward the catcher have been less than satisfactory, and need to be replaced. The man named Ellsbury, however, should be kept forever and ever and ever and ever........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'ts going to be fun laughing at you every time you say "shut up"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Softy is the Dude Lebowski of the board i.e. everything he says is just parroted from the previous scene.

For years he was slaughtered for his bigoted posts....now he pretends to be some sort of man-of-the-people.

He also was legendary for giving no detail what-so-ever...now he tries to portray himself as Mr. Detail.

Ad Nauseum.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think he flagellates himself regularly. Otherwise, why mark himself as such a public gazingstock for ridicule? I can only think he is used to self inflicted pain?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think he flagellates himself regularly. Otherwise, why mark himself as such a public gazingstock for ridicule? I can only think he is used to self inflicted pain?

[/QUOTE]

It's mania of sorts.  Anyone that would actually think that people would be bothered by a crazy man writing "shut up" to them on the internet is not connected to reality.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You must not be reading many of our posts.  It would also be fruitless to predict/suggest the contract terms in which our FO would be willing to pay.  I would personally go after Anibal Sanchez who is in no way a lock to stay in Detroit if he continues to pitch well and listens to all offers.  Also Brandon McCarthy, who is expected to make a full recovery.  The last piece of the puzzle would be to trade for a "front line" pitcher like Lee or Felix by packaging Ells, Doubront and some top prospects.  Or, just Ells and a prospect for a kid like Paxton, Walker or Hultzen from the Mariners to go along with Barnes and De la rosa.  I would also dump Lackey off on the first taker if he pitches well enough this spring just to get rid of his attitude and some of his contract.  Other possibilities I would consider through trade or free agency include Haren, Greinke, Lincecum and Marcum.

Lastly, I would consider Berkman, K. Morales, Youk and Victor Martinez again at 1B, or try and swing a deal for David Wright and turn him into our 1B/back up for Middy if possible.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I think I've finally got it figured out. softlaw is actually a Braves fan and just comes here to p!ss off us Red Sox fans. Oh that and talk politics on the baseball board.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think I've finally got it figured out. softlaw is actually a Braves fan and just comes here to p!ss off us Red Sox fans. Oh that and talk politics on the baseball board.

[/QUOTE]

No he's a dodgers fan.  That's why he always wanted to trade for Kemp, because Ellsbury was secretly his favorite player.

Sections
Shortcuts