You "We Need Pitching" Drivel Drones: Put up or Shut Up!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: You

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

I think I've finally got it figured out. softlaw is actually a Braves fan and just comes here to p!ss off us Red Sox fans. Oh that and talk politics on the baseball board.

No he's a dodgers fan.  That's why he always wanted to trade for Kemp, because Ellsbury was secretly his favorite player.

LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:

Softy is the Dude Lebowski of the board i.e. everything he says is just parroted from the previous scene.

That's an insult to The Dude, perhaps the most righteous character in American film.

On the thread's topic, Fenway Park has exaggerated the Red Sox pitching woes and hitting prowess.

This season the Red Sox finished dead last in the league in runs scored on the road while the Sox pitching staff ranked ninth in the league in fewest runs allowed on the road.

The Red Sox have significant needs in both areas.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Ellsbury for Derek Holland - surely you will support that move. :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I have been saying this for a year now. Kurota. This leaves you the chips for the trading deadline.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

You "We Need Pitching" Drivel Drones: Put up or Shut Up!!!!!

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

I have been saying this for a year now. Kurota. This leaves you the chips for the trading deadline.

Trotter must be sleeping quietly somewhere dreaming up new insults. He's curiously quiet !!

Hetch

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: You "We Need Pitching" Drivel Drones: Put up or Shut Up!!!!!

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Trotter must be sleeping quietly somewhere dreaming up new insults. He's curiously quiet !!

Hetch

Hetch, Trotter's silence on this topic just proves he's a gutless phoney! Since more than one of us answered his challenge, but he has since backed into his shell in silence.

Fact is..he's been on the board responding to other topics but refused to "put up" to those of us who accepted his challenge...so maybe it's time for Trotternixon to just "shut up" himself!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It goes without saying that we need to improve our starting pitching.  King Felix is a pipe dream.  The others who could help are Shields , Greinke , Lee and Peavy.  I honestly have no idea what it would take in terms of money or players to acquire them.  Or, if it would be worth it. I think that Tazawa has shown that he deserves a shot.  The main thing is that we have to develop more good arms in our farm system. And , there is no doubt that we need to add at least one more bat as well.  The bottom line is that you have to outscore the opposition, whether through pitching , offense or defense.   All of these areas are needed for success.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

On the thread's topic, Fenway Park has exaggerated the Red Sox pitching woes and hitting prowess.

This season the Red Sox finished dead last in the league in runs scored on the road while the Sox pitching staff ranked ninth in the league in fewest runs allowed on the road.

The Red Sox have significant needs in both areas.

Yes, we do.

We did finish last in runs scored, thanks in part to the posttrade numbers, but we were just 10 runs behind the O's and 18 behind the Tigers on the road.

Our need in pitching is highlighted by our weak starters. The pen kept us from being 12th in the AL in runs allowed on the road. We were only 7 runs ahead of LAA, 8 ahead of SEA, and 16 ahead of the Jays.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Peavy is not going to be the answer... he would be a great addition much like Ortiz is to an AGon. It is going to be a must that one of either Lester-Buch-Lackey has a career year with the other two at least being of quality. If that were to happen the team still must bring in a better pitcher than they have now...

200 innings

7+ innings per start

winning attitude

under 33 years old

can maintain an era of under 3.5

James Shields Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com 

Jake Peavy Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com

Now that I think about it I might trade Lester if I were able to bring in both Shields and Peavy.  Tampa might not want to trade in division but maybe they would if they were to get Elles in the deal... quality for quality. Also Lester can then be flipped for some offense... say Ike Davis? Though that might not help the Mets much. 

1)  Shields

2)  Peavy

3)  Clay

4)  Lackey

5)  One of our 5 #5's... though it really needs to be a lefthander as my top 4 are all righties.

A totally new look rotation might be in order.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:

Name the pitcher or pitchers you would acquire for 2013, and provide the specific details of what you would pay in money and or players to make sure you could acquire them.

If I don't get those specifics from you stooges, anytime someone carps about the pitching, I will repeat "shut up" as many times as used Wastefield to get him off the good ole boy payroll for washed up bums.

I expect Moonshwemp will provide nothing but "different scenarios" and "might take more than that" nonsense.

Child, please...like anyone gives a rats azz if you tell us to shut up...

You go first, then maybe Ill give you the privilege...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Hetch, Trotter's silence on this topic just proves he's a gutless phoney! Since more than one of us answered his challenge, but he has since backed into his shell in silence.

Fact is..he's been on the board responding to other topics but refused to "put up" to those of us who accepted his challenge...so maybe it's time for Trotternixon to just "shut up" himself!

[/QUOTE]

Good Morning Dog, 

I expect as much from this Chicken Man. Actually by calling him that I'm insulting the feathery chickens worldwide. I've noticed that when ever I post challenges or purposely insult Trotter trying to draw him out he's never answered me once directly. He loves to set out challenges insultingly to members usually with no fact behind it. Example: his sudden dislike for Aviles. The man is joke and 99% of us know it. Rarely does anyone agree with him so he just starts another post. It's a wonder he's literate.

Hetchinspete 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

we need pitching.  and so you dont tell me to shut up how about:

king felix for lackey

cliff lee for magadan

verlander for lucchino

i think these are all valid trades and should be seriously considered by the opposing GM.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Been there. Done that.

Done it already and reposted it 5 or more times. Learn how to read, then get back to me.

BTW, your "be specific to make sure you could acquire them" is a joke, like your Jake & Jed for AGon deal or your Jake & Jed for kemp deal, and now your Jake, Aviles and lesser prospects for J Upton deal.  Then, there's your famous "offer Oswalt $1M/1yr" type ideas that have absolutely zero chance of ever happening. Get real before pretending to  judge others for making outlandish offer suggestions.

Every "offer" you have ever suggested has been a pipe dream.

Moon - does your hand ever hurt after you get done slapping Softy from one side of this forum to another?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

we need pitching.  and so you dont tell me to shut up how about:

king felix for lackey

cliff lee for magadan

verlander for lucchino

i think these are all valid trades and should be seriously considered by the opposing GM.....

Slasher - I think you can also get Cain and Vogelsong from the Giants for a Bobby Valentine  autographed empty seeds bag. I would argue for that trade myself

:-D

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

No need to respond to the OP, as many of you have already done that well.

On a related note, If I want to say "as a country we need to get ridiculous morons like softy out of the work force to open up jobs for competent people", do I need to back that up with proposals on how to do it or can it just be a statement of my opinion?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to greenwellforpresident's comment:

No need to respond to the OP, as many of you have already done that well.

On a related note, If I want to say "as a country we need to get ridiculous morons like softy out of the work force to open up jobs for competent people", do I need to back that up with proposals on how to do it or can it just be a statement of my opinion?

softy can do the impossible: give lawyers a bad name.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:

Other than Shwemp, does anyone know Moonslavic's specific names and total budget for acquring these specific pitchers? Since he's given it, I would think others would know what it is. Charlie McCarthey is one of several names he bandies about, without specifics. I'm opposed to paying market value for Charlie.

Ive seen many of Moon's pitching suggestions, with specifics. He has given scinarios if we want to go "all in" in 2013, or if we look ahead to 2014 and who we should aquire for each one. Hes given trade ideas, salaries, and has been very specific. But I have yet to see anything specific from you about who you would try to aquire for the starting rotation.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Other than Shwemp, does anyone know Moonslavic's specific names and total budget for acquring these specific pitchers?"

This is offensive stuff and on most boards you'd be banned by now for this kind of thing. 

Your incessant name calling undermines the occasional coherent points you make. It's too bad you never learned to grow up and respect those who have divergent views from you. It's no surprise your political views head in the fascist direction. I have no doubt in a past life you functioned as a state propagandist for some kind of repressive gulag. 

Nice try equating the rudeness of name calling with the idea that it's rude not to submit ideas for pitchers. 

We need better pitching and better hitting. Why is this so hard for you to understand? 

p.s. hope you're happy for Scutaro

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Other than Shwemp, does anyone know Moonslavic's specific names and total budget for acquring these specific pitchers?"

This is offensive stuff and on most boards you'd be banned by now for this kind of thing. 

Your incessant name calling undermines the occasional coherent points you make. It's too bad you never learned to grow up and respect those who have divergent views from you. It's no surprise your political views head in the fascist direction. I have no doubt in a past life you functioned as a state propagandist for some kind of repressive gulag. 

Nice try equating the rudeness of name calling with the idea that it's rude not to submit ideas for pitchers. 

We need better pitching and better hitting. Why is this so hard for you to understand? 

p.s. hope you're happy for Scutaro

Hes just another guy who is very brave sitting behind a computer screen. It must be tough being him in real life. I mean, anyone who acts the way he does on here obviously has serious personal issues one way or the other...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

DRONES ????  Are those the same that is the plane of choice by the "BIG O" ??????

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He keeps repeating that "I've already given specifics on acquired pitching for 2013", but then he never provides it. On other threads, he goes on and on with several names which change and do not state, as one other poster did, that the market value will be paid to make sure they are acquired.

I gave specific players I'd trade for Brett Anderson or Jamie Shields.

I gave specific dollar amounts I'd offer McCarthy, E. Jackson, and A. Sanchez. My dollar amounts were not 1/3 the market value like yours have been.

Why not tell us your plan for obtaining a starter with the exact dollar amount offer or players in trade?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Ive seen many of Moon's pitching suggestions, with specifics. He has given scinarios if we want to go "all in" in 2013, or if we look ahead to 2014 and who we should aquire for each one. Hes given trade ideas, salaries, and has been very specific. But I have yet to see anything specific from you about who you would try to aquire for the starting rotation.

Yes, I have given great detail with my suggestions b y even printing the player's future salaries.

Most of my offers have met criticism for offering too much to get certain players. So, softy's claim that my offers are low-balling are pure drivel.

Softy has never ever ever suggested an offer for any player that has even come within one million per year of being accurate. He continually low-balls the offers, usually by more than 50% lower that what the players actually end up signing for. 

Sections
Shortcuts