You Would Think this Might be the One Year......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: You Would Think this Might be the One Year......

In Response to Re: You Would Think this Might be the One Year......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You Would Think this Might be the One Year...... : Clearly, a guy in his physical condition did not just bounce back to become some super pitcher. lol You'll never get a Yankee fan to admit there's something up with that. Saying MLB looked into it, is hilarious. That guy, IMO, should be out of the games. Nothing could be more obvious. If you're expected to give a medical history and exclude sugery on your arm, I'm not sure why they have a problem pulling him. That must go against some rules in MLB, or else that just means everyone else should be able to lie about any medical care they received. IMO they will just drag it out long enough for him to continue pitching. One of the many reasons I don't like the Yankees. They cheat, and they know it.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

What a bunch of garbage. For starters, I said it was suspicious; how convenient of you to forget. Also, the PED issue is not stereotyped by team. Just ask some of your favorite RS players when they're in the mood to confess. Regardless, Colon had the procedure, legit, or not, before the Yankees signed him, based on Tony Pena's reccommendation, and likely did not have privy to the details, legit or not.  And FWIW, he's been good, but by no means great; way to twist.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You Would Think this Might be the One Year...... : Clearly, a guy in his physical condition did not just bounce back to become some super pitcher. lol You'll never get a Yankee fan to admit there's something up with that. Saying MLB looked into it, is hilarious. That guy, IMO, should be out of the games. Nothing could be more obvious. If you're expected to give a medical history and exclude sugery on your arm, I'm not sure why they have a problem pulling him. That must go against some rules in MLB, or else that just means everyone else should be able to lie about any medical care they received. IMO they will just drag it out long enough for him to continue pitching. One of the many reasons I don't like the Yankees. They cheat, and they know it.

You have no proof of any wrong doing, you're just upset about being 2 back in the loss column, you'll say anything as you always do.  Big Papi.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You Would Think this Might be the One Year...... : The fact that he dominated the Red Sox in 08 was the key factor.
    Posted by moremo[/QUOTE]

He dominated that Yankees that year too.  Cashman went to many of his own players and they all raved about how good he was.....you're right some players perform differently in a contract year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

All in one short thread about the mystery of the EE playing well:

The Age Card--
    "They are old"----Burrito T

The Arrogance Card
    "We own Sabathia and Mariano"---Aussiewill

The Can't give credit where credit is due Card
    "...Robertson and Granderson have overachieved this year"--Pawsox Phil

The Cheating Card
    "How come Colon isn't being investigated?"---sday
    "The Yankees cheat, and they know it".---Kimsaysthis

The Injury Card
    "Sox have had injuries to Youklis, Ortiz, Dice K, Buch, Ortiz, Jenks, Scutaro, and Lowrie"---dannycater

The Payroll /Cashman stinks card
    "Cashman gets zero credit. Any GM in baseball can do what he does with a blank checkbook."---BurritoT (Garcia? Colon?)

All look very familiar and none address that the Yankees actually are a very good baseball team.

Harness actually took a shot at the OP's question and credited the Yankee pitching. But then followed it with "But we own CC and you better be ready for us in the playoffs!"

The Yanks have a very solid, well balanced lineup--power and speed and the numbers to back it up. They've gotten exceptional starting pitching (not AJ) from unexpected sources, and Cashman and Russell Martin should get that credit. And their bullpen shortens almost every game to six innings. And they have a deep bench--Nunez, Chavez, et al.

Not to be discounted, the Yankees also field a lineup every single day that is built to win that game. Girardi and his players are relentless and never seem to have throwaway games.

Of course, the Sox will be in the playoffs and will be a handful for whoever they play. If they meet the EE, all bets and all the above playing cards are off, though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

If it was so obvious, then please explain why is he not suspended? And your charge that the Yankees are known cheaters is such a ridiculous statement, even for you. And to say that my response is hilarious is actually quite sad. What exactly should I as a Yankee fan say? Ooops, he is having a good year, he must be cheating and therefore be suspended. And let's completely forget the fact that this is the US of A and innocent until proven guilty still runs true. If during an investigation, it is found out that Colon or the medical staff lied or if Colon fails some drug test, I will be the first to say that he should be suspended. Until then, I will leave it in the hands of those who are closer and have more knowledge of the situation. Do I as a baseball fan have concerns; absolutely. Let's see what happens. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You Would Think this Might be the One Year...... : You have no proof of any wrong doing, you're just upset about being 2 back in the loss column, you'll say anything as you always do.  Big Papi.
    Posted by mikeyintheboogiedown[/QUOTE]

Are you calling me Big Papi? lol  I don't know what the fish means, unless it's you just showing your support for your all-time favorite band "Phish". lol

He didn't disclose the surgery. That should be a problem, and a red flag, yet it's not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You Would Think this Might be the One Year...... : If it was so obvious, then please explain why is he not suspended? And your charge that the Yankees are known cheaters is such a ridiculous statement, even for you. And to say that my response is hilarious is actually quite sad. What exactly should I as a Yankee fan say? Ooops, he is having a good year, he must be cheating and therefore be suspended. And let's completely forget the fact that this is the US of A and innocent until proven guilty still runs true. If during an investigation, it is found out that Colon or the medical staff lied or if Colon fails some drug test, I will be the first to say that he should be suspended. Until then, I will leave it in the hands of those who are closer and have more knowledge of the situation. Do I as a baseball fan have concerns; absolutely. Let's see what happens. 
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Just when is this "investigation" happening? In the off-season when it wouldn't matter anymore?

I wish Yankee fans would stop coming here claiming to be neutral, when there really is no such thing as a neutral Yankee fan. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Colon is coming down to earth, as anticipated. He's now 8-8 for a first place team.  He's hasn't pitched over 7 innings in any one start since May 30th.
    So much for stamina. His 2nd half numbers: 4.82 ERA 1.600 WHIP.

As a point of interest: ERA with
    Cervelli: 1.57 (40 IP)
    Martin: 4.55  (90 IP).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Colon is coming down to earth, as anticipated. He's now 8-8 for a first place team.  He's hasn't pitched over 7 innings in any one start since May 30th. So much for stamina. His 2nd half numbers: 4.82 ERA 1.600 WHIP. As a point of interest: ERA with Cervelli: 1.57 (40 IP) Martin: 4.55  (90 IP).
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I've always been on board with catchers making a difference. Varitek has been a gift for the Sox. IMO But those 8 wins are complete nonsense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m