youk-cheer or boo at fenway

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from highsprings. Show highsprings's posts

youk-cheer or boo at fenway

youk signing with the yankees just shows you its about  the money in the end for most of the ex-sox players.  i for one wll boo him everytime he comes to fenway! I'm not worried about him hurting the sox when we play against him as far as hitting goes ; body to broken down.  But he still is a good fielder.  The yankees will always be the enemies until the steinbrenners sell the team!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: youk-cheer or boo at fenway

Does it matter? Half will cheer yooooooulk and others will yell boooooo. It will all sound the same.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I say we Boo Radley.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to highsprings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

youk signing with the yankees just shows you its about  the money in the end for most of the ex-sox players.  i for one wll boo him everytime he comes to fenway! I'm not worried about him hurting the sox when we play against him as far as hitting goes ; body to broken down.  But he still is a good fielder.  The yankees will always be the enemies until the steinbrenners sell the team!

[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone will be able to tell because so many fans will be yelling "Yooooouuuuk."  My guess is he gets a standing ovation.  He didn't leave Boston to take the money in New York.  He was traded because there was a younger, more productive player ready to take his place, and he wasn't exactly an asset in an already toxic clubhouse.  The time was right for him to go.  I wish him well... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

No reason to boo him. Afterall, the Sox were the ones that traded him. Not like he took more money to go to the Yanks. If we really wanted him we had every chance to acquire him.

Sounds like pink hat thinking.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Cheer him, even if he is the new face of the yanks

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Shouldn't even have to ask this.  He did nothing wrong unless you consider accepting 12 million dollars that no one else was offering wrong.  Cheer the man.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Shouldn't even have to ask this.  He did nothing wrong unless you consider accepting 12 million dollars that no one else was offering wrong.  Cheer the man.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and I wish him success.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I wish Youkilis the very best (but not when he faces the Red Sox). 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Cheer. Home grown guy who played his heart out, moved positions to accomadate others, total team player. One last Yooooouk...... would be deserved.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No reason to boo him. Afterall, the Sox were the ones that traded him. Not like he took more money to go to the Yanks. If we really wanted him we had every chance to acquire him.

Sounds like pink hat thinking.

[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking, pink hat thinking.

Anyone that would boo him probably doesn't have tickets anyway.  The house will rock when he returns.  They had the same stupid debate when Pedro returned.  Naturally, 100% of the crowd not only cheered, they refused to even sit down.  It'll be like that when Youk returns.  He's a RS hero.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

first of all the chances of me getting a yanke game ticket at fenway is nil...but if i were there, i would certainly not cheer him....probably not boo either but the guy has made his bed, let him lay in it - he is a yankee NOW....later on when he career is over we can remember him fondly

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does it matter? Half will cheer yooooooulk and others will yell boooooo. It will all sound the same.

[/QUOTE]

Let me tell ya !!! . You will never find out. YUOOOOOOOOOOOOK ...Stupid stupid post.... Can you leave and never come back ?????????????????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone that would boo him probably doesn't have tickets anyway.  The house will rock when he returns.  They had the same stupid debate when Pedro returned.  Naturally, 100% of the crowd not only cheered, they refused to even sit down.  It'll be like that when Youk returns.  He's a RS hero.

[/QUOTE]

Well Joe I disagree with your comment here...Pedro's situation is a totally different situation...he went to the Mets and not the Yankees. BIG DIFFERENCE.

The Youkilis situation, if anything might be compared to Johnny Damon's signing with the Yankees, although it is significantly different.

First off, Damon was boo'd emphatically because he left the Sox who were negotiating for his services for the Yankees. Secondly, Youkilis situation is no where close to Damon...he was traded by the Sox, became a free agent and the Sox had no interest in re-signing him.

Lastly, Youkilis had every right to sign a contract that best worked for him...and the only reason he will be boo'd is because he is a Yankee...plain and simple...not as a traitor or mercenary.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

The Youk situation is hard to compare to Damon and Pedro.  Both Damon and Pedro reached FA as Red Sox and both would have loved to stay, except both were offered more to play elsewhere. Both Damon and Pedro, despite their new-found riches with new teams, continued to blast Boston in the media, and how much they were "disrespected," for the Red Sox not going all out to re-sign them. Fact is, they chose to play elsewhere.  Youk, on the other hand, was basically discarded during the season, with the organization showing no level of interest or commitment to him, yet, to my knowledge, Youk has publicly handled what must have been a very emotional situation with dignity and class.  

To me, it is a no-brainier, Youk gets cheered.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I won't boo him because of his decision to become a Yankee,I'll boo him because he is a Yankee.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Neither.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

It wasn't his choice to leave, like Damon (though, in retrospect, a lot of the Damon hatred was silly as well). The Red Sox traded him* and didn't want him back, and he took the best offer available in free agency. I can't fault the guy for that in the least. It's funny how some fans (probably many of the same ones who were quick to turn on him when he started showing signs of decline) think he should have taken a lesser offer and left millions on the table to satisfy their egos. 

I wish him all the best and hope he gets a huge standing O in his return to Fenway.

*: you may substitute "dumped him for junk"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I will ALWAYS cheer for Youkilis' brother-in-law.   LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

youk will get a standing ovation...no doubt...if anyone should get booed, it is the idiots who traded him for nothing, paid his salary to play elsewhere, and of course then middlebrooks gets hurt twice and agon the wee wee gets traded, and youk is in chicago ... genius managing...

of course, after his first at bat, he will be booed as a yankee...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Question, he's a Yankee, no? As such we should respect the long standing tradition of showing our displeasure for all things pinstriped and boo the man. Not unlike all those that traded colors over the years. Once they dawn the uniform of the opposition, they then have to live with the consequences and in baseball that usually means when your team visit your rival the home town fans voice thier dislike by booing and in some cases heckling the players. Youk knows that and so does every player on both sides...

I think the bigger question is will Youk and Joba be high fiving after a win.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well Joe I disagree with your comment here...Pedro's situation is a totally different situation...he went to the Mets and not the Yankees. BIG DIFFERENCE.

The Youkilis situation, if anything might be compared to Johnny Damon's signing with the Yankees, although it is significantly different.

First off, Damon was boo'd emphatically because he left the Sox who were negotiating for his services for the Yankees. Secondly, Youkilis situation is no where close to Damon...he was traded by the Sox, became a free agent and the Sox had no interest in re-signing him.

Lastly, Youkilis had every right to sign a contract that best worked for him...and the only reason he will be boo'd is because he is a Yankee...plain and simple...not as a traitor or mercenary.

[/QUOTE]

Very well said! End of the day what many fans forget and/or overlook is that the players are mercenaries, that's the nature of professional sport. Everyone of them are contracted employees who at a moments notice can be traded to another city or cut. Once thier contract has expired or they've been let go, they're then free to sign with the team that offers them the best deal. Some like Jeter are lucky to have played for one organization, but even the great Jeter had to make concessions to stay in New York. Had he hit a buck fifty  or was seen as detrimental to the team even he would have been let go.

Not unlike a game of pick up basketball in the local neighborhoods, regardless of the whether your a shirt or a skin. You play hard and try to win the game then at some point during the day the guy you guarded in one game becomes your team mate in another.

My grerater point is that the players with a few exceptions are not loyal to a geographical region or city...Youk grew up in Cincinnati as a Reds fan...Not sure why we expect him to have the same distain for our rivals as we do. I don't care who he plays for, but I will in full throat boo the guy not becasue I dislike him...I dislike the uniform he chose to wear...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Can we get him off the cover page for the Red Sox?