youk-cheer or boo at fenway

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: youk-cheer or boo at fenway

In response to highsprings' comment:

youk signing with the yankees just shows you its about  the money in the end for most of the ex-sox players.  i for one wll boo him everytime he comes to fenway! I'm not worried about him hurting the sox when we play against him as far as hitting goes ; body to broken down.  But he still is a good fielder.  The yankees will always be the enemies until the steinbrenners sell the team!

Pretty silly OP!  "Just shows you it's about the money in the end for most of the ex-Sox players."

While this is often the case, the Youk situation is the exact opposite.  The Sox actually paid to DUMP Youk.  Why the revisionist history?  While there is no denying that Youk's injuries led to his declining skills, the Sox were pretty brutal in their treatment of a once great RS player.

THE FACT of the matter is......  Youk seemed incapable of "toning down" style of play, thus saving his body.  The move to third was also a major contributing factor, as his body type & style of play were bound to lead to the quick breakdown of his body.  Youk was built for 1st base.  He was also completely incapable of going even 90% in running out a bang bang ground out.  It's tough to knock a guy for going all out, but his dirtdog style of play led to his demise.

Back to the point.  I CHEER THE GUY ENTHUSIASTICALLY!  He is, & always will be a RED SOX HERO!  The Sox organization turned on him.  Understandable, but true.  Youk leaving had absolutely nothing to due with money!!!  He was given the boot despite the MONEY LOST.  It's amazing a team is still willing to give him 12 million, so god bless him.  I will root against him when he plays the Sox, but still cheer for him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

Cheer him his 1st at bat in fenway, then Boo every single time after that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

youk signing with the yankees just shows you its about  the money in the end for most of the ex-sox players.  i for one wll boo him everytime he comes to fenway! I'm not worried about him hurting the sox when we play against him as far as hitting goes ; body to broken down.  But he still is a good fielder.  The yankees will always be the enemies until the steinbrenners sell the team!

That's ridiculous.  You're just projecting your love for the Sox onto Youk.  He grew up in Cincinnati as a Reds fan, went to Uni in Cincinnati, was drafted by the Sox and eventually played VERY hard, VERY long, and VERY well for us, then was unceremoniously traded away by the Sox against his will.

You're going to boo him?  You're a child, an idiot, a troll or all three.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Medic87's comment:

Cheer him his 1st at bat in fenway, then Boo every single time after that.

Yeah, too right mate!  He's scum, he is!

Right down in the gutter with trash like Tony C, Carlton Fisk, Luis Tiant, Pedro, Manny, Papi, Mueller, Millar, Schilling....and, uh, the 99% of all players that change teams at some point in their career.

Luckily, the 2004 Red Sox were able to find 23 greedy, mercenary scumbags to add to Trot Nixon and Kevin Youkilis to form their WS-winning roster.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Cheer because even Youk was probably a better "short term" solution at 1B than Napoli or LaRoche at 3 years.  Our FO hasn't done much of anything after thebig salary dump but over pay for aging players who for the most part can't even start on an every day basis.

The FO gets a D so far!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donhart. Show donhart's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Cheer because even Youk was probably a better solution at 1B than Napoli or LaRoche.  Our FO hasn't done much of anything after thebig salary dump but over pay for aging players who for the most part can't even start on an every day basis.

The FO gets a D so far!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to donhart's comment:

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Cheer because even Youk was probably a better solution at 1B than Napoli or LaRoche.  Our FO hasn't done much of anything after the big salary dump but over pay for aging players who for the most part can't even start on an every day basis.

The FO gets a D so far!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from donhart. Show donhart's posts

Anyone that cheers for Any player on the yankees is not a true red sox fan no exceptions pink hat blue hat or no hat at all

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to donhart's comment:

Anyone that cheers for Any player on the yankees is not a true red sox fan no exceptions pink hat blue hat or no hat at all

Sure they are, guys like Damon and Youk were sent packing and don't owe this club anything.  They gave us some nice memories and still want to play somewhere.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to BarberNJ's comment:

Youk could have been kept by the Red Sox as a bench player since Middlebrooks was obviously better than Youk in hitting and fielding. Would Youk have been happy in that role? Probably not. So a trade to a team where he could start was a favor to him. The Chisox would not pay his option of $13 mil. I was flabbergasted that the Yanks thought he was worth $12 mil. We shall see. The only other team to show interest was Clev. at half that annual salary. I appreciate how Youk played for us for years and admired his work ethic and dirt dog mentality. The best of them go over the hill.

So what have we done to improve?  Do you really think Napoli, Victorino, Gomes, Dempster and company are in a different point of their careers, or will produce anything better at two years more length in contract?  I have been a huge Sox fan for 48 years and so far I'm embarassed with the off season moves.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Cheer.  end of stroy

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to highsprings's comment:

Yes. Of course you would boo Youk. You're not a Sox fan, and have no idea what he's meant to the Sox.

Sections
Shortcuts