Youk Have we sen the last of him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Youk Have we sen the last of him?

Reading between the lines and trying to assess ownerships' opinion, I'm guessing he's done as a RS

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Youk Have we sen the last of him?

In Response to Youk Have we sen the last of him?:
    Reading between the lines and trying to assess ownerships' opinion, I'm guessing he's done as a RS
    Posted by jader
    Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I was and always have been a fan of Youk. I was more than optomistic about him being healthy and playing a mean third-base. However now I ask myself:

Would it really be a big deal if we traded him?

Perhaps we get a really solid middle reliever, and I mean one of the better ones who won't let the team down. Or maybe even another closer, that actually would be perfect.

Youk has proven one thing this year, he is going to remain injury riddled. Now I am wondering about his attitude.

You see the Nat's brought up Bryce Harper.... and now he was batting 3rd tonight. The Sox finally brought up Middlebrooks and I see no reason to not bet that he cannot field and hit the position at an acceptable level throughout 2012. Mike Mousakas is an example of a third baseman who came up last year, flailed at the plate but caught the ball well.... now he is kicking some rear.

Anyhow ramble ramble ramble.... the team needs some new energy and Middlebrooks can provide that and more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Youk Have we sen the last of him?:
    Posted by jader

Actually, you are voicing your own wishes and hoping that, by attributing them to ownership, they will sound more authentic and are more likely to come true.  Because you might sound a little silly and premature deciding that you saw everything you needed to out of Middlebrooks after just one game.

I don't need you to confirm this.  I know I am right...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

BenC---MLB Trade Rumors indicated the Brewers are looking for a 1 B--they are considering Derrick Lee who is still a Free Agent. This is the ideal fit for Youk...
    perhaps for...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

The best thing to happen for the RS is to get Youk healthy, and move him at the TD. He would bring us something of value in return, right now, we wouldn't get squat for him.
    He's not going to be here next year anyway.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

There is no way Youk is done.  He comes back, Middlebrooks goes down.  Then if Youk doesn't produce the controversy continues.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

AGREE THAT YOUK IS GONE AFTER THIS SEASON. THERE IS
    NO WAY THE SOX HAMSTRING THEMSELVES WITH A $13 MIL.
    OBLIGATION. THE NEXT TO GO SHOULD BE SALTY. THE GUY
    JUST IS GOING TO BE A DRAG ON THE LINEUP AND A RALLY
    KILLER. THE LEAGUE IS WISE TO HIM. HE HAS A LONG SWING
    AND THE SCOUTS ARE GOING TO PITCH HIM UP WITH HEAT TO
    GET HIM OUT. HE IS A POOR DEFENSIVE CATCHER, BASICALLY.
    I WISH WE COULD GET OUR HANDS ON CERVELLI, BUT BECAUSE
    HE'S A YANKEE, THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE. WHY WE NEEDED
    SHOPPACH TOO..HE CAN'T HIT A LICK...WORSE THAN SALTY.
    LET'S BRING UP LAVARNWAY AND LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE
    THEY MAY. THIS RIDICULOUS RELIANCE ON SALTY WILL
    HURT THE SOX IN THE LONG RUN. HE JUST PLAIN STINKS !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

They need to bring him back and prove he is healthy, before they could try to move him, if that is their game plan, which I doubt at this time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

If Billy Beane offered a good package of prospects my guess is Cherington ships him to Oakland yesterday!  This is in no way an indictment of Youk.  I have always appreciated how he plays the game but unfortunately that no holes barred, dirt dog approach is creating the mass of injuries now on full display.  He is a shell of his peak years and will be lucky to play 100 games a year going forward.  This is a heartless business and Middlebrooks is the future.

Anything is possible, he could certainly remain a role player here; but if they are willing to pay 50% of his 12 million they would probably do it to get him to Oakland or elsewhere assuming the medical reports indicate what we all suspect.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Youk Have we sen the last of him?:
    They need to bring him back and prove he is healthy, before they could try to move him, if that is their game plan, which I doubt at this time.
    Posted by MikeNagy

"with all due respect"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

In Response to Youk Have we sen the last of him? : Actually, you are voicing your own wishes and hoping that, by attributing them to ownership, they will sound more authentic and are more likely to come true.  Because you might sound a little silly and premature deciding that you saw everything you needed to out of Middlebrooks after just one game. I don't need you to confirm this.  I know I am right...
    Posted by notin

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

I guess you are always right

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I am sure that Red Sox fans don't want to hear this, but I wish they had kept Beltre and traded Youk when they had the chance.  It wasn't going to happen, but I would have liked to see this happen at the time. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I am sure that Red Sox fans don't want to hear this, but I wish they had kept Beltre and traded Youk when they had the chance.  It wasn't going to happen, but I would have liked to see this happen at the time. 
    Posted by susan250

Will you say this next year if Middlebrooks is at third and doing well and Beltre is on the DL with a hamstring. Beltre might have been better in the short term -- although you really can't predict injuries -- the Sox also knew they had Middlebrooks in the pipeline and didn't want to commit to Beltre for five years at his age and injury history.

Remember, Beltre did have a bit better numbers and was healthy at the end of the year when Youk kwas out, but he did play just four more games than Youk and has had hamstring issues this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on the DL at some point.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Youk Have we sen the last of him? : Will you say this next year if Middlebrooks is at third and doing well and Beltre is on the DL with a hamstring. Beltre might have been better in the short term -- although you really can't predict injuries -- the Sox also knew they had Middlebrooks in the pipeline and didn't want to commit to Beltre for five years at his age and injury history. Remember, Beltre did have a bit better numbers and was healthy at the end of the year when Youk kwas out, but he did play just four more games than Youk and has had hamstring issues this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on the DL at some point.
    Posted by royf19

You might be right about Beltre.  He may end up having many injuries also and won't be able to contribute either.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

If Billy Beane offered a good package of prospects my guess is Cherington ships him to Oakland yesterday!  This is in no way an indictment of Youk.  I have always appreciated how he plays the game but unfortunately that no holes barred, dirt dog approach is creating the mass of injuries now on full display.  He is a shell of his peak years and will be lucky to play 100 games a year going forward.  This is a heartless business and Middlebrooks is the future. Anything is possible, he could certainly remain a role player here; but if they are willing to pay 50% of his 12 million they would probably do it to get him to Oakland or elsewhere assuming the medical reports indicate what we all suspect.
    Posted by william93063

Why would the Athletics, who are not expected to contend this year, surrender a "good package of prospects" for a 33-year-old injury-prone corner infielder who "is a shell of his peak years and will be lucky to play 100 games a year going forward"?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

They wouldn't except that Billy Beane has always coveted Youk.  If he could get him for his price he might still do so.  The key to this is at "Billy Beane's price".  If the sox are in a desperate enough position and are willing to eat some or most of the contract. He could still be a very serviceable bat and injuries or not plate discipline never changes. He is relegated to 3rd base here with Gonzo at first for 6 more years and papi at DH. These limitations are not part of Oakland's MO.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts