Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks!

I used to enjoy seeing the Yankees get beat, like when the Tigers knocked them out a few years ago. But, I really don't care about them winning or losing anymore. Maybe I will privately laugh if they get knocked out this year, but the reality is that watching the Sox tradition go back to 25 guys, 25 cabs and a wacky manager is one thing, but this Sox team isn't even competitive. That's the problem. They have no fight, have no heart. That's what hurts and that's what I will take from 2012---what you don't do as a baseball team--keep a leader to prove a point even if it means destroying the building blocks of success. LL needs to look in the mirror and say, "I blew it. BV has got to go." Instead, it's "I'll show those prima donnas. They don't like BV huh? Great, they can die with him."....that's what LL is---a stubborn mule.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks! : Parrtly incorrect; RS fans are much more into this than Yankee fans; case in point: I didn't even know about this obssession until I moved to NH in '92. It surprised me in '96 (and struck me as Yankee envy), because if my team didn't get into the WS, I rooted for my league (such as in '67, '75 & '86), partly due to NL fans always taunted me as the AL being a minor league. Now, in this day & age, with communications the way they are, this rooting against the rivals in reverse has finally trickled down to NY. Even to this day, if an ex Yankee sunk the RS, I doubt it would have been made such a big deal by NYY fans. Knowing what I do now, I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I'm in Southern CT, where the  battle lines are evenly drawn. If you lived in NY, you wouldn't realize it, until you moved to New Hampshire, primarily Red sox territory. Few years ago, a Yankee fan stabbed a Red Sox fan in a Ct bar after the game that kept the NYY from winning the division. As you may remember, a few years before that, a Yankee fan ran over and killed a Red Sox fan in a parking lot. The rivalry fueled by alcohol, aren't a good mix.  I don't think it's as one sided, as you may think. at least not around here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks!:
    11 HRs and 33 RBIs in just 169 ABs with the CWS.
    Posted by moonslav59

Yes and to go along with his 245 batting ave....That might have put us over the top...........Let it goooooooooooooo DAM !

How well have Middlebrooks, Papi and AGon's replacements done since Youk left?

My guess is .245 is better, and the HRs and RBIs are way better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Don't forget the Nick Punto contributions at 3b

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks! :   I'm in Southern CT, where the  battle lines are evenly drawn. If you lived in NY, you wouldn't realize it, until you moved to New Hampshire, primarily Red sox territory. Few years ago, a Yankee fan stabbed a Red Sox fan in a Ct bar after the game that kept the NYY from winning the division. As you may remember, a few years before that, a Yankee fan ran over and killed a Red Sox fan in a parking lot. The rivalry fueled by alcohol, aren't a good mix.  I don't think it's as one sided, as you may think.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] Morning J, i get your point, but trust me, i know plenty of Yankee fans who wanted to see her rot over that one...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks! :   I'm in Southern CT, where the  battle lines are evenly drawn. If you lived in NY, you wouldn't realize it, until you moved to New Hampshire, primarily Red sox territory. Few years ago, a Yankee fan stabbed a Red Sox fan in a Ct bar after the game that kept the NYY from winning the division. As you may remember, a few years before that, a Yankee fan ran over and killed a Red Sox fan in a parking lot. The rivalry fueled by alcohol, aren't a good mix.  I don't think it's as one sided, as you may think.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Those 2 incidents were tragic, and says something about the person, as opposed to their fandom. As far as the rivalry is concerned, I was discussing the general trend of rooting against the other team when your team is not involved (and I pointed out that that's evened out some), not the despicable actions of a few sick individuals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks! : Morning J, i get your point, but trust me, i know plenty of Yankee fans who wanted to see her rot over that one...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

morning, jete. She did, life in prision. I've said before, who people are, determine what kind of fan they are, regardless of team alligence. This board proves that every day. My point is, it's now become the same on both sides, good and bad.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]I used to enjoy seeing the Yankees get beat, like when the Tigers knocked them out a few years ago. But, I really don't care about them winning or losing anymore. Maybe I will privately laugh if they get knocked out this year, but the reality is that watching the Sox tradition go back to 25 guys, 25 cabs and a wacky manager is one thing, but this Sox team isn't even competitive. That's the problem. They have no fight, have no heart. That's what hurts and that's what I will take from 2012---what you don't do as a baseball team--keep a leader to prove a point even if it means destroying the building blocks of success. LL needs to look in the mirror and say, "I blew it. BV has got to go." Instead, it's "I'll show those prima donnas. They don't like BV huh? Great, they can die with him."....that's what LL is---a stubborn mule.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

We simply do not have a team to root for right now. I nearly forgot the Yankees existed to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks! : Those 2 incidents were tragic, and says something about the person, as opposed to their fandom. As far as the rivalry is concerned, I was discussing the general trend of rooting against the other team when your team is not involved (and I pointed out that that's evened out some), not the despicable actions of a few sick individuals.

Well, gee Steve!!
    We all know the Yankee AND their fans are just the bestest!

Yet, you felt the need to tell us again.

Let me guess, after the ALCS, you were hoping with all your heart that plucky Sox would win it all.

Please...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Why can't we get players like this?

Cry

I posted numerous times that the Sox shouldn't have traded Youk.

Innocent

Actually, it would have been nice to have kept him as it turned out. Middlebrooks missed some games with the hamstring, then Ortiz went down. However, I thought trading Youk was the right thing to do at the time.

The Sox had other issues and I think it would have been even more of an untenable situation had he stayed with spot playing here and there. In a different year, the Sox might have been able to pull it off, but this is year wasn't it.

With the Sox's "luck," had Youk stayed, Middlebrooks and Ortiz wouldn't have gotten hurt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks! : steven, RS fans root for the yankees to lose, regardless. So much so, it lead to the t-shirt, I support two teams, the Red Sox and whoever beats the Yankees. The opposite, is also true. Just the way it is, has always been and will be. I'll be the first to admit, it's all about, anyone but the Yankees, now
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

So True Bay.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

Couldn't they have used him off the bench? He would've backed up WMB or AGon, maybe let him DH from time to time? I just don't see why he had to be moved for whatever they could get at the time, which turned out to be nothing at all.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The saddest part of the whole thing is that we are still paying his salary. What a way to run an airline.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks! : Well, gee Steve!! We all know the Yankee AND their fans are just the bestest! Yet, you felt the need to tell us again. Let me guess, after the ALCS, you were hoping with all your heart that plucky Sox would win it all. Please...
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

I never ever said Yankee fans were the greatest. They're known to be arrogant, which, lately many RS fans have become as well. It appears multiple traits are rubbing off in both directions. Nice try though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Youk will be year to year now, and isn't worth more than 1 or 2M and one year contract. Given how it ended in Boston, I hope he signs with the Reds and finishes his career on one year contracts in his hometown. It would make his career end nicely.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

His swing has slowed up some, but he's still a good player, and could be better next yr with a few adjustments, which is why TW, Fisk, & Yaz were so good for so long.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks!": [QUOTE]In Response to Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks! : Yes and to go along with his 245 batting ave....That might have put us over the top...........Let it goooooooooooooo DAM ! Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE] Agon, Youk, Papi & Middlebrooks all loved coming to the park everyday wondering "where" they were playing, "if" they were playing....yeah, it was a great situation for all! Youk is playing for a contract and lost his job...this was clearly addition by subtraction and the move benefitted all involved. Ben's crystal ball that predicts injuries must have been in the repair shop...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

you guys are high.  these teams (and their fans) have hated each other for decades.  does no one remember two gentlemen named fisk & munson?  maybe a collision?  i have lived in yankee land my whole life and can say for certain there has ALWAYS been animosity towards the red sox and red sox fans.  i will admit it became much more obnoxious when the yankees won the WS* championships in the late 90's.  i dont recall "1918" chants until the mid 90's.  thankfully they can choke on that now.
    but to say it was one sided for all those years?  no ehfing way. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks! : I never ever said Yankee fans were the greatest. They're known to be arrogant, which, lately many RS fans have become as well. It appears multiple traits are rubbing off in both directions. Nice try though.

Then, what was the point of:

"Even to this day, if an ex Yankee sunk the RS, I doubt it would have been made such a big deal by NYY fans. Knowing what I do now, I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less."

..if not to point out how above it all you are?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks! :  Even to this day, if an ex Yankee sunk the RS, I doubt it would have been made such a big deal by NYY fans. Knowing what I do now, I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less.

LOL, let me introduce you to my friend Zac.  ;-)

I honestly haven't met a Yankee fan yet who isn't happy when the Red Sox lose.  I haven't met a Yankee fan yet who wasn't happy that the Rays beat their team last Sept. to keep the Red Sox out of the playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bosoxin09. Show Bosoxin09's posts

Youk would not have saved the season for the Sox.  He has lost range, continues to hit .240 and was being paid big bucks.  WM has better range and arm, more power and is easy on the salary cap.  Would like to see if WM and Iglesias could tighten up the left side and prevent a few runs for our embattled pitching staff.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Good for Youk. The White Sox gave him a full-time job and he's taking advantage of the opportunity in a contract year.   He had some pretty good years for the Sox and has moved on.  So be it.  I'm fine with Middlebrooks. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Youk would not have saved the season for the Sox.  

Probably not.

He has lost range, continues to hit .240 and was being paid big bucks.  

He also has many HRs and RBIs since he left.

WM has better range and arm, more power and is easy on the salary cap.

WM is on the DL, and we are paying Youk anyways.

Would like to see if WM and Iglesias could tighten up the left side and prevent a few runs for our embattled pitching staff.

Me too. Hopefully, opening day 2013.

Sections
Shortcuts