Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks!

The Grand Salami Sandwich is Youkaliscious!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The myth lives on.  Hernandez has refused to send anything to the HOF to represent his very rare and great deed, a perfect game.  Instead, he has asked that his shortstop's glove or cap be there instead.  There are no great pitchers, only great shortstops saving marginal pitchers.  The Sox team ERA for this season will carry an asterisk in future years, and down below will be the words:  "this ERA is to be disregarded because of inadequate shortstopping behind what was otherwise a superb pitching staff." 

What did I forget?  Oh, yes.  The entire Red Sox organization is composed of idiots because Iglesias has not been the everyday Sox shortstop since ST in 2011.    Hitting is nothing.  Fielding is everything. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks!:
    [QUOTE]The myth lives on.  Hernandez has refused to send anything to the HOF to represent his very rare and great deed, a perfect game.  Instead, he has asked that his shortstop's glove or cap be there instead.  There are no great pitchers, only great shortstops saving marginal pitchers.  The Sox team ERA for this season will carry an asterisk in future years, and down below will be the words:  "this ERA is to be disregarded because of inadequate shortstopping behind what was otherwise a superb pitching staff." 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

don't plant any ideas for excuses in Beckett or Lester's heads!!!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Sox team ERA for this season will carry an asterisk in future years, and down below will be the words:  "this ERA is to be disregarded because of inadequate shortstopping behind what was otherwise a superb pitching staff."  

Mike Aviles is a better fielding SS this year than Scutaro ever was. Are we to put asterisks next to several past Sox seasonal ERAs?

RF/9  UZR/150
    '12 Aviles  4.83   +10.6  (5th best in MLB) 
    '11 Scut    4.03     +1.0  (16th in MLB out of 41)
        Lowie  3.87    -17.4  (28th/41)
    '10 Scut    3.83     -3.3  (31st out of 41)
    '09 Green 4.22    +3.2  (16th out of 37)
        Gonzo  3.94   +12.2 (5th/37)
        Lugo    3.33   -50.4  (37th/37)
    '08 Lugo   3.70    -3.1  (28th/37)
         Cora   4.90     -2.3  (31st/37)
       Lowrie 3.61   +27.9  (1st/39)

Team SS UZR/150
    '08-'11  -2.7  (22nd in 30)
     2012 +10.3  (3rd in 30)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks! : Then, what was the point of: "Even to this day, if an ex Yankee sunk the RS, I doubt it would have been made such a big deal by NYY fans. Knowing what I do now, I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less." ..if not to point out how above it all you are?
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

Nah, I'm griping. I could have said nothing, and probably should have.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks! : LOL, let me introduce you to my friend Zac.  ;-) I honestly haven't met a Yankee fan yet who isn't happy when the Red Sox lose.  I haven't met a Yankee fan yet who wasn't happy that the Rays beat their team last Sept. to keep the Red Sox out of the playoffs.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, but you do realize you are comparing a season deciding game with last night. And no offense, but given the way the RS were playing last Sep, I would have preferred that they made the PS; perhaps the Yankees would still have played Det, however.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

not having Youk's head around has opened up some room in the Sox clubhouse.

Yeah, he made room for others' heads to swell to fill the void.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Adrian Beltre hit two two-run homeruns in the fourth inning of Wednesday evening's game between the Rangers and the Orioles.