Youk injury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Youk injury

saw on twitter that Youk's MRI was negative. Great news, looked like he was finally getting comfortable at the plate.
    I am thinking that scare is enough to quiet the "trade Scutaro" or "trade Cameron" sentiment.
    Depth is  not a commodity to trade at the major league level.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

Re: Youk injury

Thanks for the update!  I am Twitter less at work.  Damn firewall!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Looks like just a bone bruise.  Time for the shin guard, Youk.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the lineup tonight.  As rkarp notes, he seems to be getting comfortable, and I imagine he wants to keep swinging (or walking) while things are on the upswing (no pun intended).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

• In Response to Re: Youk injury:
      Looks like just a bone bruise.  Time for the shin guard, Youk.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the lineup tonight.  As rkarp notes, he seems to be getting comfortable, and I imagine he wants to keep swinging (or walking) while things are on the upswing (no pun intended).
      Posted by joel49

• good game huh joel? couldnt keep my eyes open and had to give up on the game thread but watched the entire game, until almost 2am EST. paying for it today but was worth losing sleep over. nice to see gonzo come through. hope Lester keeps it going tonight

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Youk injury:
    In Response to Re: Youk injury : good game huh joel? couldnt keep my eyes open and had to give up on the game thread but watched the entire game, until almost 2am EST. paying for it today but was worth losing sleep over. nice to see gonzo come through. hope Lester keeps it going tonight
    Posted by J-BAY

Congrats to those that stayed up for this one.  I had today off and still couldn't stick with it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

b

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Joel, saw your comment on the game threat about Gonzalez hitting the first pitch strike. OK, I'll give you that one!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Joel, saw your comment on the game threat about Gonzalez hitting the first pitch strike. OK, I'll give you that one!
    Posted by LloydDobler

Tongue out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Great to hear, that was a scary moment. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Youk injury : good game huh joel? couldnt keep my eyes open and had to give up on the game thread but watched the entire game, until almost 2am EST. paying for it today but was worth losing sleep over. nice to see gonzo come through. hope Lester keeps it going tonight
    Posted by J-BAY

Very good game (other than our ability to push runs across), J-Bay.  One of the many perks of living on the left coast is being able to watch late games.  Plus being able to watch a football game and have plenty of day left is a bonus. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Youk injury : Very good game (other than our ability to push runs across), J-Bay.  One of the many perks of living on the left coast is being able to watch late games.  Plus being able to watch a football game and have plenty of day left is a bonus. 
    Posted by joel49

I like the late games because I'm a night owl.  I can watch the Yanks early and then get into the Sox.  I also like to watch "The Freak" pitch.  So, when the Sox are home, I'll look for the late left coast games with good pitchers toeing the rubber.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

In Response to Youk injury:
    saw on twitter that Youk's MRI was negative. Great news, looked like he was finally getting comfortable at the plate. I am thinking that scare is enough to quiet the "trade Scutaro" or "trade Cameron" sentiment. Depth is  not a commodity to trade at the major league level.
    Posted by rkarp

So right you are about holding on to your cards and playing them carefully.  The same thing applies to pitching and how the FO has to delicately manage the pool of pitchers available for both the short and long-term.  You just can't assume that the replaceable parts are available at the Pittsburgh Pirates roster warehouse where you still have to give up something even they though they may have something you need.  Then there's also the matter of how much money you have committed to a player.  It's just not a matter of ridding yourself of somebody because they're having a difficult month.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

I say make everyone on this team wear shin/foot protectors...the Youk scare was too close to what happened to Dustin last year.  Make everyone wear it, except dont let Scutaro or Drew wear them, even if they want to. :)
    Posted by jarretfromportsmouth

What didn't Scutaro give you in 2010 that you would have wanted.  They guy played injured and never complained.  He moved all over the lineup and handled it pretty well.  Some guys get dirt dog status for this.  Others do not.  Where is the line of demarcation?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

I also think Scutaro has been one of the best with RISP thus far

Sections
Shortcuts