YOUK is saving the YANKS!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: YOUK is saving the YANKS!

Youk saved the White Sox last year----perhaps he will find a long term home in NY:  3 B, 1B, PH, DH--he could play almost everyday in that role. Perhaps he might come back to Boston next year if Nap goes the FA route--and  management hasn't figured out who's on first--WMB or Boggie or Snyder or Hamilton or Shaw.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Youks off to a great start and I hope it continues, just not against the Red Sox. I was against getting rid of him last year but injuries in past years seemed to have taken thier toll of his body. Maybe he's well healed and more than motivated to remind the Sox front office of what they gave away. I doubt Youk would want to return to our Sox as much as I'd love to see him back in a Sox uniform but great to see Youk doung so well once again. 

Hetch

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Youks off to a great start and I hope it continues, just not against the Red Sox. I was against getting rid of him last year but injuries in past years seemed to have taken thier toll of his body. Maybe he's well healed and more than motivated to remind the Sox front office of what they gave away. I doubt Youk would want to return to our Sox as much as I'd love to see him back in a Sox uniform but great to see Youk doung so well once again. 

Hetch

I hold nothing against Youk, and would have liked him back as our 1B, but I can't root for him as long as he's wearing pinstripes.  Nothing personal against him, but I hope he goes into a serious slump, as I hope for all Yankees players.  ;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

Hetch

I hold nothing against Youk, and would have liked him back as our 1B, but I can't root for him as long as he's wearing pinstripes.  Nothing personal against him, but I hope he goes into a serious slump, as I hope for all Yankees players.  ;-)

+1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Hetch

Has played great since spring and camp.

Sure hope he can stay healthy.

Yankee fans are seeing what the Sox fans loved about Youk.

He leaves it on the field every game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Hetch

+1

+2. That said, it's hystercial to hear Michael Kay's love fest with Youk, after endlessly bashing him, while in a Red Sox uniform.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Hi TWM, I always loved Youk's emotion and intensity.  He does leave it all on the field every game.  Even the last game he played for the Red Sox, knowing he was leaving for Chicago after the game, he left it all on the field.  How can you not love that about a player on your team?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Hetch

6,999,999,999 people in the world like what Youk brings to the game.

1 does not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

got his 7th RBi today as he went 3 for 3 and raised his average to .424 and OBP to exactly .500 and slugging to over .700. OPS is a divine 1251.. i never give up on the youker.. just felt he had to get his head on straight and hook up with the right team and mangaer. yanks are the savior for him, the total anti-Aroid. can play great defense at both 3rd and 1st. he's now hitting THIRD.. think about that. cano is hitting second, setting up the table for the youker or for some nukes from youk as sterling defines it. he's been by far the best and most consistent hitter and fielder for the yanks. watched most of the game last night living here in balt.. the announcers were so impressed and it was clear showalter and the oriole pitchers were most concerned about youk.. as it used to b!

if he stays healthy, he will b back to the all-star game and b the contract steal of the year! also hhe's a great example of marrying a great woman above your pay grade. i'm sure his brotha in law has helped him with his ring focus... one low key under the radar THOMAS BRADY!

Not signing Youk for at least one year was a huge mistake as many of us stated.  Nap will never put the numbers up a healthy Youk could.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Always liked Youk, a great 3rd baseman & a class act. Even with Middlebrooks and our desire for youth, maybe I'm being a Monday morning qtrback, but I'd kept him as a backup, to play 1st base or be a deignated hitter.

Heck, I missed Beltre & wish we didn't send him to Texas !!!

Sections
Shortcuts