Youk: It seemed like a Witch Hunt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Youk: It seemed like a Witch Hunt

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/content/Red_Sox_Youkilis_01-27-12_34STJJ8_v2.23e29f0.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Youk: It seemed like a Witch Hunt

Sounds like the NY Jets locker.............

There is an old saying - "Sh*t happens!"

2012 is a brand new season and everyone starts 0 - 0.

Let's hope it is a fun filled season.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

subbing for Idiots today?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The quote was Youk responding to the exaggeration and overstatement in the media for weeks. Since the media wrote hundreds of articles with thousands of words just to stoke a fire that never was, I thought that the "telling quote was about the "witch hunt". Indeed only an ostritch would not see that the media was unprofessional and over-the-top on creating a soap opera in order to sell papers and improve ratings.. However Pinstripe being the Yankee troll of the forum would not be doing his thing if he did not stir the pot. That is to be expected.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Hope YOUK doesn't miss 80 games because of a hangnail or ingrown hair....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Youk: It seemed like a Witch Hunt:
    [QUOTE]    Hope YOUK doesn't miss 80 games because of a hangnail or ingrown hair....
    Posted by 56redsox[/QUOTE]

OK, it is certainly fair game to question Youk's ability to stay on the field.

However, your little dig loses any semblance of gravity when you suggest that Youkilis sits at the slightest tweak.

What were his injuries the past couple years?  Lets see ... torn muscle in thumb, sports hernia, bursitis in hip.  Ouch.  Hardly JD Drew style maladies.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

[QUOTE]    Hope YOUK doesn't miss 80 games because of a hangnail or ingrown hair....

You apparently didn't watch Youk in his last few games last season valiantly trying to keep playing in utter pain or are you just trying to be cute or funny? Are you a "radio only" fan?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk: It seemed like a Witch Hunt : You apparently didn't watch Youk in his last few games last season valiantly trying to keep playing in utter pain or are you just trying to be cute or funny? Are you a "radio only" fan?
    Posted by LadyLake[/QUOTE]

Lowell tried to the same, and most of the fans here excoriated him for it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk: It seemed like a Witch Hunt :   OK, it is certainly fair game to question Youk's ability to stay on the field. However, your little dig loses any semblance of gravity when you suggest that Youkilis sits at the slightest tweak. What were his injuries the past couple years?  Lets see ... torn muscle in thumb, sports hernia, bursitis in hip.  Ouch.  Hardly JD Drew style maladies.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Hmm Youk or Jacoby......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk: It seemed like a Witch Hunt : You apparently didn't watch Youk in his last few games last season valiantly trying to keep playing in utter pain or are you just trying to be cute or funny? Are you a "radio only" fan?

Just believe Youk was part of the club house cancer...................

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk: It seemed like a Witch Hunt :  Just believe Youk was part of the club house cancer...................

Don't take Bob Hohler and Michael Felger so seriously? Sounds like you swallowed their utter nonsense hook, line, and sinker.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk: It seemed like a Witch Hunt :  Hmm Youk or Jacoby......
     Oh right, the ribs were just "bruised".  I forgot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk: It seemed like a Witch Hunt :  Oh right, the ribs were just "bruised".  I forgot.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

LOL, I must remind myself to humor these fools also instead of debating them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NunciRom. Show NunciRom's posts

[QUOTE]The quote was Youk responding to the exaggeration and overstatement in the media for weeks. Since the media wrote hundreds of articles with thousands of words just to stoke a fire that never was, I thought that the "telling quote was about the "witch hunt". Indeed only an ostritch would not see that the media was unprofessional and over-the-top on creating a soap opera in order to sell papers and improve ratings.. However Pinstripe being the Yankee troll of the forum would not be doing his thing if he did not stir the pot. That is to be expected.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

You are the ostritch Pike. It was not a witch hunt. It was obviously Beckett's fault, plain and simple. Don't spread the blame around when it was one fatso who was responsible.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk: It seemed like a Witch Hunt : You are the ostritch Pike. It was not a witch hunt. It was obviously Beckett's fault, plain and simple. Don't spread the blame around when it was one fatso who was responsible.
    Posted by NunciRom[/QUOTE]
    I'm confused. I thought you were pike?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Pike has lost his mind...he is answering his own posts...i think he has so many screen names he has forgotton which ones he is...either that or he has pulled an anthony perkins in psycho and become one composite maniac/killer...either way im impressed.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NunciRom. Show NunciRom's posts

I couldn't watch that bloody shower scene in Psycho and my ancestors in Sicily saw such cold blooded violence every day.  I even look the other way when the nurse draws a blood sample from my arm. This country is so much better than the old country.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

[QUOTE]Pike has lost his mind...he is answering his own posts...i think he has so many screen names he has forgotton which ones he is...either that or he has pulled an anthony perkins in psycho and become one composite maniac/killer...either way im impressed.....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

What's up with so many threads about one topic on the front page? So boring.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk: It seemed like a Witch Hunt : What's up with so many threads about one topic on the front page? So boring.

Georom Troll outdid himself so much with his Beckett obsession / hatred / vendetta that he took over the forum and bored the heck out of everyone else other than Spaceman who has nothing to do at work. The forum is on its last legs. Even Burriti in Cambodia has left and decided to read the history of the Vietnamese in his spare time. One poster today said that Babe was his favorite troll. Doesn't that tell you why the forum has died? The newbies come here and have this innocence and think that the forum will be about Red Sox baseball and it is anything but that. It is really sad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Could be pike, but Geo is right--you're talking to yourself on here now--answering your own posts. But anyway, glad to see you're sticking around to go down with the ship. Just make sure you get mom off the ship before she goes down--or at least what's left of her.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Could be pike, but Geo is right--you're talking to yourself on here now--answering your own posts. But anyway, glad to see you're sticking around to go down with the ship. Just make sure you get mom off the ship before she goes down--or at least what's left of her.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

To get you up to speed, Exam. Pike is now utica club, lady Lake and the latest NunciRom....how many for opening day game thread?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk: It seemed like a Witch Hunt : To get you up to speed, Exam. Pike is now utica club, lady Lake and the latest NunciRom....How many by game thread/opening day?
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I knew about utica and ladylake, but nuncirom is a new one. Thanks for the heads up....lol Sometimes I think it's just you, me and pike on the entire forum. "Call me legion, for we are many.....".