Youk, on the road back to FENWAY, "let the fun begin"!!!!!!!!.............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Youk, on the road back to FENWAY, "let the fun begin"!!!!!!!!.............

Ok Ben C. Your move, son !!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Youk, on the road back to FENWAY, "let the fun begin"!!!!!!!!.............

you have to play him before you trade him, Bill!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Middy needs some more work--I'm sure his to do list has been prepared by BV and BenC explaining what he needs to do with the PawSox.

He came and helped a great deal--come back soon...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Youk, on the road back to FENWAY, "let the fun begin"!!!!!!!!.............:
    Middy needs some more work--I'm sure his to do list has been prepared by BV and BenC explaining what he needs to do with the PawSox. He came and helped a great deal--come back soon...
    Posted by MadMc44
    Right !!! Should be ready in another 3 or 4 years !!!!!   I think not...... Move Youk and hand the keys to 3rd over to Will Middlebrooks !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Youk, on the road back to FENWAY, "let the fun begin"!!!!!!!!.............:
    In Response to Re: Youk, on the road back to FENWAY, "let the fun begin"!!!!!!!!............. : Right !!! Should be ready in another 3 or 4 years !!!!!   I think not...... Move Youk and hand the keys to 3rd over to Will Middlebrooks !!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Exactly backwards, imho.

Trade Middlebrooks for young pitching or catching, keep Youk, and replace him with Cecchini or Boegarts in two years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Youk, on the road back to FENWAY, "let the fun begin"!!!!!!!!............. : Exactly backwards, imho. Trade Middlebrooks for young pitching or catching, keep Youk, and replace him with Cecchini or Boegarts in two years.
    Posted by Joebreidey

The only problem with that is that I don't think Youk will last for two more years. He's been on the DL for four years in a row now.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Youk, on the road back to FENWAY, "let the fun begin"!!!!!!!!............. : The only problem with that is that I don't think Youk will last for two more years. He's been on the DL for four years in a row now.
    Posted by royf19

Next year, Iggy will be up, so Aviles can either play 3rd, and we let Youk walk, or we see if he is interested in a 2-year contract at less money and Aviles fill in for injuries.

I'm not saying it's optimal, but we have a performance risk with Brooksie because of the K/W ratio, and we have positional risk with 3 guys likely to play the same position.  If we could trade Brooksie for a prospect of equal value at a position we lack coverage at, I'd move him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Dust off that gigantic helment and let's go! ------------------------------------- Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud
    Posted by bellhorn_

Haha...if he is healthy, you have to play him and the Sox aren't going to lose a full year of team control with Middlebrooks because of "Super Two," so it was pretty much inevitable Middlebrooks was going back to Pawtucket.  He got a taste of the bigs, gained some confidence and showed some great potential...My guess is he'll be back soon enough...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Moving Middlebrooks down to Pawtucket could be the dumbest move ever by the front office. Let's see , keep rolling with the hot bat of Middlebrooks who is young and brings a whole different personality to the team or give Youk the job back knowing he is getting too old for 3rd and will only lead to another DL stint and another call up of Middlebrroks. That is just too much to deal with, stick with one guy, are we looking at the past or the future here? We need to get young and we need to win now, Youk wasn't doing that for us, but Middlebrooks is! I know we need to let Youk play to trade him, but can't we at least let Punto go and keep Middlebrooks on the bigs? I don't see why that can't be done.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Please trade Youkilis.

Get something in return.  If Middlebrooks is a bust - you still have all that cash that Youks is getting paid to go out and get a 3B.

Trade Youks for a relief pitcher.  A solid middle reliever is fine by me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Moving Middlebrooks down to Pawtucket could be the dumbest move ever by the front office. Let's see , keep rolling with the hot bat of Middlebrooks 

Let's go with the hot bat.

Over his last 10 games, he is batting .179 with 1 HR in 39 ABs, for a .502 OPS.  Not to mention a 16/2 K/W.

Is that what you meant by 'hot'?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Only an idiot would trade Middlebrooks, in favor of keeping a broken down, over the hill, clubhouse cancer.
    Even Manny couldn't stand him!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Youk, on the road back to FENWAY, "let the fun begin"!!!!!!!!.............":
    Moving Middlebrooks down to Pawtucket could be the dumbest move ever by the front office. Let's see , keep rolling with the hot bat of Middlebrooks who is young and brings a whole different personality to the team or give Youk the job back knowing he is getting too old for 3rd and will only lead to another DL stint and another call up of Middlebrroks. That is just too much to deal with, stick with one guy, are we looking at the past or the future here? We need to get young and we need to win now, Youk wasn't doing that for us, but Middlebrooks is! I know we need to let Youk play to trade him, but can't we at least let Punto go and keep Middlebrooks on the bigs? I don't see why that can't be done. Posted by freediro
    When you run an organization, you try to do what's best for the present AND the future...It's not always easy to do that, but it would be ridiculous to lose a full year of control of Middlebrooks just to keep him in the Big Leagues when you don't have to. If Youk gets injured again or doesn't play well, Middlebrooks will be back soon enough...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Youk, on the road back to FENWAY, "let the fun begin"!!!!!!!!.............":
    Moving Middlebrooks down to Pawtucket could be the dumbest move ever by the front office. Let's see , keep rolling with the hot bat of Middlebrooks  Let's go with the hot bat. Over his last 10 games, he is batting .179 with 1 HR in 39 ABs, for a .502 OPS.  Not to mention a 16/2 K/W. Is that what you meant by 'hot'? Posted by Joebreidey
    Joe, I would have pegged you for the full year of control, but nice job anyway...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Not today ........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Youk, on the road back to FENWAY, "let the fun begin"!!!!!!!!............. : Exactly backwards, imho. Trade Middlebrooks for young pitching or catching, keep Youk, and replace him with Cecchini or Boegarts in two years. Posted by Joebreidey
    You feeling ok Joe?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I've flip-flopped again--I think we should try an experiment and see if it would work:

This would potentially be a small sample size but it may be all that's needed.

Youk at first--to keep him healthy during the audition for teams interested.
    Keep Middy at third
    Keep Ortiz as the DH 
    Keep AGon in RF for the Baltimore series.

If this lineup works like I think it will at Camden Yard carry it over to Fenway vs. the Ray's next weekend but move AGon to LF.

Aviles, Pedroia, Ortiz, Youk, AGon, Middy, Salty, Nava, Lin, Ross or Sweeney in CF.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I've flip-flopped again--I think we should try an experiment and see if it would work: This would potentially be a small sample size but it may be all that's needed. Youk at first--to keep him healthy during the audition for teams interested. Keep Middy at third Keep Ortiz as the DH  Keep AGon in RF for the Baltimore series. If this lineup works like I think it will at Camden Yard carry it over to Fenway vs. the Ray's next weekend but move AGon to LF. Aviles, Pedroia, Ortiz, Youk, AGon, Middy, Salty, Nava, Lin, Ross or Sweeney in CF.
    Posted by MadMc44

Having your 3 time GG 1st baseman playing OF is counter productive IMHO...Listen guys, Middlebrooks is only 23 and he's doing a fine job in Boston...Some pitchers have adjusted to him and hes showing that he can adjust to them. But the facts remain that if you want to get value for Youk, you HAVE to play him, but it makes no sense to shuffle around positions like its little league to do that...If WMB goes back down, its ok...If Youk performs like he did at the start of the season, we will see him on the shuttle from RI to Boston soon enough...As much as I want WMB to stay up, I also know this offense is good enough to sustain their momentum without WMB in the lineup til we see what Youk is gonna do...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Youk, on the road back to FENWAY, "let the fun begin"!!!!!!!!............. : Exactly backwards, imho. Trade Middlebrooks for young pitching or catching, keep Youk, and replace him with Cecchini or Boegarts in two years.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Or aviles (slide aviles to third - his natural position , call up iggy).

But Im agreeing with you.  Middlebrooks is the one I'd trade.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Youk, on the road back to FENWAY, "let the fun begin"!!!!!!!!............. : Next year, Iggy will be up, so Aviles can either play 3rd, and we let Youk walk, or we see if he is interested in a 2-year contract at less money and Aviles fill in for injuries. I'm not saying it's optimal, but we have a performance risk with Brooksie because of the K/W ratio, and we have positional risk with 3 guys likely to play the same position.  If we could trade Brooksie for a prospect of equal value at a position we lack coverage at, I'd move him.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Sorry, didnt see this when I posted  ^.  Exactly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Please trade Youkilis. Get something in return.  If Middlebrooks is a bust - you still have all that cash that Youks is getting paid to go out and get a 3B. Trade Youks for a relief pitcher.  A solid middle reliever is fine by me.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

you must play Youkilis in order to show teams he is healthy and productive, right now you wouldn't get anything for him, who would pay the salary of 12 million dollars for a guy who cant get on the field, much less give something up for him too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Youk, on the road back to FENWAY, "let the fun begin"!!!!!!!!............. : you must play Youkilis in order to show teams he is healthy and productive, right now you wouldn't get anything for him, who would pay the salary of 12 million dollars for a guy who cant get on the field, much less give something up for him too.
    Posted by fourrings

If youk is healthy and productive, why would you trade him?  Middlebrooks has a lot he needs to work on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

IF they keep Middlebrooks up, why not put youk in the OF?  it'd be less demanding physically on his back than 3rd.  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts