YOUK OUT AGAIN.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

YOUK OUT AGAIN.....

Sorry guys this is
    going to be a season long deal with the YOUK, he,s broke down 20 games into the season, it is time for MIDDLEBROOK, Youk to busy chasing Brady girl in the off season, and not in shape for BB....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Re: YOUK OUT AGAIN.....

I was afraid of this.

It's the hip, and the ghost of Mike Lowelll.

Too bad. But we all age and move on.

Question remains - who takes his place permanently? 

Before the end of the season, perhaps?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Middlebrooks/Punto

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

I see this a positive. Obviously Middlebrooks needs to get the test, he has the bigger upside. I would be all for Youk if he was healthy. He isn't and hasn't been. This is a perfect solution where a young guy can be brought in to replace Youk's unproductive numbers. Very little pressure. If he can't match Youk's offensive numbers to this point then we learn something. At a minimum it should be a draw at bat and an upgrade in the field, and with Youk injured there are no hard feelings.
    Nothing better than some young blood in the mix, just ask the C's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Although I love Papi and the year he is having...I still think the Sox need to be able to use the DH to rest the regulars while not losing their bat.  Now, if a regular needs a rest, the lineup loses his bat and glove.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In Response to Re: YOUK OUT AGAIN.....:
    I was afraid of this. It's the hip, and the ghost of Mike Lowelll. Too bad. But we all age and move on. Question remains - who takes his place permanently?  Before the end of the season, perhaps?
    Posted by summerof67

What ever it is, please, pass it over

Seriously though I have never heard anyone say that until right now. Youk is just injury prone in similar areas, specifically the lower back and hip which work together a lot and that's causing a quicker degeneration of his game. I think he deserves and has earned a chance to get healthy and perform before the all-star break. If he can not do that and Middlebrooks is still on fire, I will be completely supportive of bring the kid up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

There is no doubt in my mind that Youk had something left in the tank.  The RS just need to quit with the sit here and there crap, get him on the DL and get him healthy.  I don't see a trade in the future so lets get him fully healthy and let him play out the year strong. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiefret. Show chiefret's posts

In Response to Re: YOUK OUT AGAIN.....:
    I was afraid of this. It's the hip, and the ghost of Mike Lowelll. Too bad. But we all age and move on. Question remains - who takes his place permanently?  Before the end of the season, perhaps?
    Posted by summerof67

You nailed it! Degenerative bone disease aka osteoarthritis is debilitating and ended Mike Lowell's career. It's all downhill for Youkilis as pills and shots aren't the cure only hip replacement surgery which will end his career. Time to bring up Middlebrooks.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Degenerative bone disease aka osteoarthritis is debilitating and ended Mike Lowell's career.
    That is so correct however

Some one please show me where the link that says it is the hip and osteoarthritis?I see a lower back tightness report and that is all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

It's very hard to sit out Papi since he's hitting batting practices against RIGHTIES AND LEFTIES... and Papi's hitting to the opposite field now.. No more Ortiz shift...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

The good part is that he is tradable.  He doesnt have to be trade to a team that need 3B, he can be trade to a team that need 1B.  I am sure team think that Youkilis will become less often injure if he play at 1B. 

Maybe Boston can just trade him and hopefully just eat up only 30% of his salary for the rest of the season.  And then bring in prospects.

Sections
Shortcuts