Youk to be out 10-12 Weeks

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Youk to be out 10-12 Weeks

he was part of the overweight crew of former Sox who could have prolonged his career success if he simply lost 25 pounds and stretched properly....at least we have Lester carrying on that proud Francona Tradition

As always - 100% correct!

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Well, Youkilis is now the Yankee's problem. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to klaus1954's comment:

Just saw MrYazz on the YES  and Riveraveblues forums  and he was crying pinstriped tears. He cares. He is berating  Cashman for wasting $13 mil. on Youk. What was he thinking?

It seemed a little odd.  You really couldn't count on him for more than 120 games, making his prorated salary more like $17M.  But more importantly, Youk's salary could've covered both Martin and Chavez.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

Just saw MrYazz on the YES  and Riveraveblues forums  and he was crying pinstriped tears. He cares. He is berating  Cashman for wasting $13 mil. on Youk. What was he thinking?

It seemed a little odd.  You really couldn't count on him for more than 120 games, making his prorated salary more like $17M.  But more importantly, Youk's salary could've covered both Martin and Chavez.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Joebreidey  Laughing

Cashman could have kept Chavez and Martin.  Or he could have used that money to pay off the British female stalker.   LOL

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

The Yankees offered Martin a 2 year contract before the 2012 that he rejected.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But he took two years with PT.  I assume he'd have taken the same with the NYY.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Big surprise.  The Yankees should have known this would've happened, but I guess they are content with aged players getting hurt all the time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Youk's an undercover Red Sox agent who has infiltrated the Evil Empire and now has sabotaged them to fulfill his final mission.

Thank you, Youk, for your lifetime service to Red Sox Nation.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

But he took two years with PT.  I assume he'd have taken the same with the NYY.

The Yankees offered Martin 2 years for a rumored 12-14M for 2 years in the off season before 2012, Martin rejected thinking that he would have a great year and get more later on, he didn't.

The Pirates gave him 17m for 2years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The Yankees offered Martin 2 years for a rumored 12-14M for 2 years in the off season before 2012, Martin rejected thinking that he would have a great year and get more later on, he didn't.

Yeah, basically all I am saying is that the NYY should've matched.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Why?

I disagree. Yankees did not forsee Cervelli's freak injury. They have to see what they have in Romine they can't keep him at triple A in perpituity they need to see what they have in him as a player  at the MLB level. To keep him or trade him.

Same is true of Cervelli. J.R. Murphy was promoted to AAA last week, the difference between he, Romine and Cervelli is that Murphy has hit all the way up through the minors, I suspect he will be this up this season, Sanchez by 2014.

A lot is said critically about the Yankees paying too much for older players and free agents not developing their own and that is in essense what they are/were trying to do here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

Why?

I disagree. Yankees did not forsee Cervelli's freak injury. They have to see what they have in Romine they can't keep him at triple A in perpituity they need to see what they have in him as a player  at the MLB level. To keep him or trade him.

Same is true of Cervelli. J.R. Murphy was promoted to AAA last week, the difference between he, Romine and Cervelli is that Murphy has hit all the way up through the minors, I suspect he will be this up this season, Sanchez by 2014.

A lot is said critically about the Yankees paying too much for older players and free agents not developing their own and that is in essense what they are/were trying to do here.

[/QUOTE

"Yankees paying too much for older players"

That's been their history and they were guilty of that with the recent Youk contract.

I don't fault them for signing Youk. They needed a fix and when healthy he can be productive.

The Yankees may or may not have a future catcher in their system. Time will tell but they pretty much knew what Cervelli was all about. Simply a decent backup. Not signing Martin was a risk.

Age clearly has caught up to NY and it may be awhile with their new spending ways for them to be once again a competitive team.

Understand I'am not writing them off but clearly they have not given their fans much to look forward to.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to crix's comment:

Big surprise.  The Yankees should have known this would've happened, but I guess they are content with aged players getting hurt all the time.

yeah maybe, but in any case..kinda scary to wake up to numb extremities....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Youk is now part of the BRADY BUNCH, his baseball days are in the rearview mirror !!!  >RESPECT