Youk to the Dodgers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Youk to the Dodgers?

Sox give up Youk, Reddick, Renaudo and Salty

Dodgers,
    pick up the team option on Blake.  Sox, agree to pay 13mil of Uribes remaining contract of around "16mil or so" through 2014.  Youk, becomes the Dodgers new 3B.  Reddick, gives the Dodgers another youngster and "left side support" for Sands in the OF.  Renaudo & Salty a young arm and catcher.

Dodgers give us:
    Juan Rivera - 4mil, good against lefties, with a 2013 team option.  He along with Kalish would beef up our RF.

#2 Zach Lee, 20 year old RH, SP with very solid potential

#3 Blake - 1.25mil, plays 3B this season until Middlebrooks is ready

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Re: Youk to the Dodgers?

Guess you never saw Juan Rivera play OF.
    So, you're giving up Youk, your best pitching prospect, a 4th OF and your starting catcher for crap. A lousy 3B, and lousy LF, and a pitcher who probably isn't as good as Renaudo.
    NEXT!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Dodgers declined the option on Casey Blake on October 4:

http://twitter.com/#!/Dodgers/statuses/121298977630068736

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Youk to the Dodgers?:
    [QUOTE]Guess you never saw Juan Rivera play OF. So, you're giving up Youk, your best pitching prospect, a 4th OF and your starting catcher for crap. A lousy 3B, and lousy LF, and a pitcher who probably isn't as good as Renaudo. NEXT!
    Posted by GhostofTito[/QUOTE]

Rivera has less than 30 errors in his entire career in the OF and IB.  I would take him as our fourth OF.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]The Dodgers declined the option on Casey Blake on October 4: http://twitter.com/#!/Dodgers/statuses/121298977630068736
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Thanks hill, I missed that but I guess it wouldn't affect the trade much. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Trade looks terrible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Trade looks terrible.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Hey Burrito, feedback is always a solid reality check regardless.  I'm a huge fan of Youk trust me but a good young SP would be worth the weight in gold to our team if Middlebrooks works out.  If not, I have no problem keeping Youk at 3B, or our future DH if he can recover from last season and stay healthy through the PS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

When I saw the thread, I first thought he meant to say "Youk is traded for Either".  I got pretty excited.  When I clicked his thread and read his message, that is the worst trade idea I have seen on this board!!!

Come on, no one on the Boston team will be traded!! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]When I saw the thread, I first thought he meant to say "Youk is traded for Either".  I got pretty excited.  When I clicked his thread and read his message, that is the worst trade idea I have seen on this board!!! Come on, no one on the Boston team will be traded!! 
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]
    Other than Jed Lowrie and Kyle Weiland?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]When I saw the thread, I first thought he meant to say "Youk is traded for Either".  I got pretty excited.  When I clicked his thread and read his message, that is the worst trade idea I have seen on this board!!! Come on, no one on the Boston team will be traded!! 
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Hey Uconn, I'm not sure if you know much about Jach Lee, but we could use a solid young starter over another Theo risk and Lee is better than any prospect we have, not to mention ML ready.  We don't need any more "Theo type" risks like Penny and Smoltz.

Either is Pedes best friend and I love his game but unless Ells or CC leave I doubt we ever see another LH, OF in the starting lineup.  Reddick, Salty, Renaudo "who mark my words" has less talent than Barnes are expendable in my opinion.  Youks days at 3B are numbered and it's our own fault but Gonzo was a much needed bat.  If Youk produces this season he could land Davids spot next season, or be our most valuable asset to land a young SP.

All tough calls!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Casey Blake (oft injured) has been a real dissapointment.... and who can say Middlebrooks will ever be ready. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Youk to the Dodgers?": [QUOTE]Casey Blake (oft injured) has been a real dissapointment.... and who can say Middlebrooks will ever be ready.  Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE] To me, Casey Blake will always be the man who bounced into THE double play in game seven.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

[QUOTE]Guess you never saw Juan Rivera play OF. So, you're giving up Youk, your best pitching prospect, a 4th OF and your starting catcher for crap. A lousy 3B, and lousy LF, and a pitcher who probably isn't as good as Renaudo. NEXT!
    Posted by GhostofTito[/QUOTE]

This was my exact thought as I was reading the original post.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

But you are giving up your best pitching prospect for a good young pitching prospect, and then adding your starting 3bman and starting catcher, and potentially your starting RFer for a 3Bman who had his option declined and a part-time outfielder who cannot field.  Makes no sense. 

And then you want to pay money on top of that for a guy that isn't even part of the trade?  Huh?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Nice joke.........................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Are we sure that Lee is even as good as Ranuado?    The 28 pick v the #39, and Ranoudo ranked 67 v Lee ranked 89?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

If Cherry does a deal like that, he will surpass even Inepstein on the out to lunch meter. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mt200. Show Mt200's posts

What is this?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Trading Youk is going to be awful hard especially if the Sox want anyone in return.  This is the last year of his contract with a Sox option at 13 mill for 2013.  With his age and his DL stints...he will be a tough trade since the team acquiring him would have to sign him and I imagine he would want at least a 3-year contract at some big bucks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Trading Youk is almost as bad as suggesting Lowrie for Felix. Youk has very little trade value.

Fans love to think trade when it comes to players who are near contract end and coming off injury and/or poor year/s. There is this stupid mentality that you never trade a player who comes off a big year or who currently has a high trade value. But you try and deal older players with large contracts coming off down and/or injury season. Stupid is putting the Youk trade talk mildly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Trading Youk is almost as bad as suggesting Lowrie for Felix. Youk has very little trade value.

He has the value of a Type A FA for a team looking for a 1-year 3B.  A team in contention needing a 3B can trade the equivalent of two draft picks for him.  Likewise, we can hold on to him and get the picks ourselves.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Wrong. Under new CBA, Youk must be tendered a contract of at least 12 or 13M to get any compensation. Given his age and injury history, no traded to team is going to offer that. If summer comes and Red Sox are in 2011 year end mode, Red Sox can look to trade him and his remaining contract costs to a contender willing to pay less than half of 2012 contracts cost. Otherwise, need to retain Youk and hope that he will agree to decline contract offer of 12 to 13M and devalue himself to Reds or other interested MLB team. If it is handled properly, Youk may cooperate. If not, Red Sox will need to simply evaluate Youk on a one year lower cost basis and decide if offering him a FA contract is a fit and value in 2013 FA market.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chasemon. Show chasemon's posts

In Response to Youk to the Dodgers?:
    [QUOTE]Sox give up :  Youk, Reddick, Renaudo and Salty Dodgers, pick up the team option on Blake.   Sox, agree to pay 13mil of Uribes remaining contract of around "16mil or so" through 2014.  Youk, becomes the Dodgers new 3B.  Reddick, gives the Dodgers another youngster and "left side support" for Sands in the OF.  Renaudo & Salty a young arm and catcher. Dodgers give us : #1 Juan Rivera - 4mil, good against lefties, with a 2013 team option.  He along with Kalish would beef up our RF. #2 Zach Lee , 20 year old RH, SP with very solid potential #3 Blake - 1.25mil, plays 3B this season until Middlebrooks is ready
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]