Youk wins Game!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Youk wins Game!

But also cost Beckett a perfect game. Plenty of time to get Brignac, but throws a brick to first base. No big deal at the time.
    It's all good though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Youk wins Game!

I was at the game and he had to have a laser throw to get Brigniac. It seemed closer than it was, Youk also fielded the ball cleanly and made a very tough throw making the play as best anyone could.
    BTW it was Ellsbury who had the best AB of the night he hit 5 rockets off of Hellickson on 10 pitches. Not one was a soft line drive.
    Then Pedroia get the triple whose two hits were also hit hard as were his outs.
    The RS hit the ball hard off of the Rays pitchers all night except for the 4 inf pop ups.
    Papi's fly out the first time up had the crowd ohhhing as it left the bat. That ball looked like it was going to tear thru back wall in RF. It must hve had a lot of back spin not to have been a HR.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Re: Youk wins Game!:
    [QUOTE]I was at the game and he had to have a laser throw to get Brigniac. It seemed closer than it was, Youk also fielded the ball cleanly and made a very tough throw making the play as best anyone could. BTW it was Ellsbury who had the best AB of the night he hit 5 rockets off of Hellickson on 10 pitches. Not one was a soft line drive. Then Pedroia get the triple whose two hits were also hit hard as were his outs. The RS hit the ball hard off of the Rays pitchers all night except for the 4 inf pop ups. Papi's fly out the first time up had the crowd ohhhing as it left the bat. That ball looked like it was going to tear thru back wall in RF. It must hve had a lot of back spin not to have been a HR.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Youk did all he could on that play.  I'm not sure any 3B makes that play.

Good point about Ellsbury's at bat.  Those are the types of things that don't show up in the stats, but it was his AB that got the rally started, IMO.

And Youk finally decided he was tired of opposing managers walking Gonzalez to get to him.  Way to make 'em pay, Youk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

After the Tuesday night game I chastised Youk for not bringing Pedey home when he was on third with one out.  He has done that several times this year.  But in the famous words from that classic movie Dumb and Dumber, last night he "totally redeemed" himself! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Youk wins Game!:
    [QUOTE]But also cost Beckett a perfect game. Plenty of time to get Brignac, but throws a brick to first base. No big deal at the time. It's all good though.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]
     I don't think we were watching the same play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Youk wins Game! :  I don't think we were watching the same play.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, I'm with you, Space. Brignac flew down the line, and Youk made a fine throw ... it just wasn't in time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk wins Game! : Yeah, I'm with you, Space. Brignac flew down the line, and Youk made a fine throw ... it just wasn't in time.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

It was a very odd ball, a little too slow and Brignac a little too fast, in a odd place, and Youk did everything he could.  Its possible that Beltre makes that play with his ability to whip bbs without setting.  But it was also the kind of play that he throws away.  I definitely wouldn't say Youk cost Beckett his perfect game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

I missed the game watching the NHL, but every account I heard was that it was a very, very difficult play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

congrats to youk for coming through big time last nite. I was flipping back and forth between the hockey game and the sox game. by a stroke of luck, the hockey game went to comercial and I flipped to the sox game to see pedie hit the triple. I knew they would walk gonzo! when youk stepped into the box I was talking to the tv and saying come on youk! just a fly ball to get in a run, and BAM! out she went. a great victory and a really great complete game by josh who is looking more and more like the 2007 version of himself.

Congrats to the Brooooooooooooons!
    GO SOX!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]congrats to youk for coming through big time last nite. I was flipping back and forth between the hockey game and the sox game. by a stroke of luck, the hockey game went to comercial and I flipped to the sox game to see pedie hit the triple. I knew they would walk gonzo! when youk stepped into the box I was talking to the tv and saying come on youk! just a fly ball to get in a run, and BAM! out she went. a great victory and a really great complete game by josh who is looking more and more like the 2007 version of himself. Congrats to the Brooooooooooooons! GO SOX!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Sheeeeeet.  I don't remember Josh pitching like he has thus far until the post-season that year.  he was really really good that year, but he is on some next level s*&t right now.  If he can stay healthy, this is the best beckett yet.  More weapons in his arsenal this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Beckett sure does look good ... he is motivated too ...

Youk could not have made that play any better, it was a roller down the line, he had to go to his left, grab it, and then try and get some mustard throwing a bit across his body.   Tough luck, but that is why so few perfect games are pitched.   It might have been better if Youk sailed it, maybe he would have gotten an error ... and Beckett a no-hitter. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Sheeeeeet.  I don't remember Josh pitching like he has thus far until the post-season that year.  he was really really good that year, but he is on some next level s*&t right now.  If he can stay healthy, this is the best beckett yet.  More weapons in his arsenal this year.

that's the Key Space! Josh came to camp in much better physical condition than he has in a coons age. His back is not even a thought in his mind which I believe has given him the confidence to pitch like the madman he is capable of pitching like.

Welcome back Josh to retaking your rightful place as THE #1 ACE of this club.
    just please stay healthy man....stay healthy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

It's protocol to over-analyze the one hit that kept the contest from being a perfect game.
    But the fact is, several Rays squared up the ball vs. Josh. Fortunately, they found leather. It can be argued that Beckett was fortunate to get the one-hitter.

He was only throwing 93 MPH on the average (likely a slow gun). But he had everything going and put a ton into the hitter's heads. They really couldn't sit on anything.

Perhaps the OP should have been more positive and stayed true to thread title by discussing the fact that Youk got the key HR with a runner on third and less than two out.

Isn't that what he's been taking heat for recently?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

It's too bad the great Jed Lowrie wasn't at 3rd, as he would have made that play and hit the 3 run homer.