1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Youkilis' Downhill Slide

1. Injuries
    2. Rapid decline in skills.
    3. Lack of Home Run power.

Hmmmmm.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Youkilis' Downhill Slide

his body looks like mine - except that im 48 and not an athlete....fitness is your salvation youk...hit that gym pronto!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Youkilis' Downhill Slide:
    [QUOTE]his body looks like mine - except that im 48 and not an athlete....fitness is your salvation youk...hit that gym pronto!
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Did you read Leigh Montville's Sunday Magazine piece. It talks about what kind of shape baseball players need to be in and all that. It's pretty interesting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

roy i did...too many weights, too much bulk...but some are def OK with it...i think it is for youk more about wear/tear than weight - but i think he could really benefit from being leaner/flexible

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Remember when he first came up and he would start off fast then suck the 2nd 1/2 of the year?  Now he sucks both 1/2's. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]roy i did...too many weights, too much bulk...but some are def OK with it...i think it is for youk more about wear/tear than weight - but i think he could really benefit from being leaner/flexible
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm all for guys being in shape. I just don't think they have to look svelte to be in shape. I'm always wary about judging simply on looks.

Youk supposedly came into shape in great shape and supposedly did a lot of work conditioning in the offseason.

I don't know. I just want him to start hitting.

It is funny however that reading what the guys in the '70s did to stay in shape compared with today. I remember when managers and coaches would berate their players if they went anywhere near a weight room.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

Hard to believe he is losing it this fast at 33.  Lets hope Middlebrooks is ready real soon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Hes only played in 3 games way to early to call.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dublin_Sox. Show Dublin_Sox's posts

[QUOTE]he's got a great big giant bald head....that can't be helping matters. 
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

LMAO, great response mate!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saluda. Show Saluda's posts

hey needs to stop wiggling the bat all over the place.. his reaction time isn't what it was when he was 25 and will get slower from here on out.. watch him wiggle it, then drops his hands 6 inches and then takes it back all before he ever starts forward towards the ball.. he needs to hold his bat all the way back just before the pitcher lets go of the ball and then just swing forward when he's ready to hit it,,

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Youkilis' Downhill Slide:
    [QUOTE]1. Injuries 2. Rapid decline in skills. 3. Lack of Home Run power. Hmmmmm.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

People have been knocking Youk since his first call up.  All he did was become a Gold Gloved All-Star ...  that's all.

Now folks are waiting for him to fall to pieces.

You're gonna wait a long time on that.   That's my prediction.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

He hasn't come close to getting a hit yet. 0 for 12.  No home runs in spring training.  The Middlebrooks era will begin shortly. Hellenic College Flu. Sniffle sniffle.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Maybe all the injuries have caught up to him. He has something to prove because he is in the last year of a contract and the team is not going to pick up his option if he does not do well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Not good......   Bobby V. will not show him the respect that he thinks he deserves !!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]Another great negative thread started by ADG. He's been here for years, does anyone know who he is?
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Kim - Waht is negative about this thread about Youkilis? Have you watched the games? Have you watched his at bats? Did you watch him in spring training?
    He bats 4th/5th and through 6 games (small sample size), he's 2 for 20 with 2 singles. I would assume you have eyes. 

Whatever he was 'doing' in the past has worn off. Put Middlebrooks in there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Good thing Theo didn't give Crawford's money to Beltre and ship Youk out when his value was high.

Hopefully Youk will turn it around, it is only 6 games but one thing I'd say is that when you have as odd an approach at the plate as he does, with so many moving parts, there is a lot more that can go wrong.  It is like a QB's mechanics or a golf swing. 

Combine that with the fact that, as has been pointed out, he has never been in any kind of great shape and is now playing 3B, which is more physically demanding than 1B, and there is a lot of room for things to go wrong.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Welcome to Secondguessers Anonymous.

Enjoy the sport. enjoy your life.

Who's this Crawford guy?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Another great negative thread started by ADG. He's been here for years, does anyone know who he is?
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know who anyone really is? Hope you are not getting ready to label ADG.

I said last year that moving Youk to 3B was going to hurt him in all ways & the Sox in general. He had not played the position except for spot starts for his entire MLB career. He has never started more than 56 games at the position in a single year. And Youk was never known as an athletic athlete. Age would catch up to him faster than other players. His fundamentals were/are excellent and he had a great eye at the plate. But he was always easily frustrated and frustration will take you out of your game.

But it is still only 5 gams into the season and I still think that if he can avoid injury, you will get good numbers from him with a better than adequate glove. Good at defending the line but his range going to his left is not the best.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Youkilis' Downhill Slide : People have been knocking Youk since his first call up.  All he did was become a Gold Gloved All-Star ...  that's all. Now folks are waiting for him to fall to pieces. You're gonna wait a long time on that.   That's my prediction.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

I think the "wait" is over...and has been since 2010

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]Hard to believe he is losing it this fast at 33.  Lets hope Middlebrooks is ready real soon.
    Posted by mthomas43[/QUOTE]

check out Andruw Jones, who went from a possible HOF career, to RH platoon player in his early thirties.