Youkilis signs with Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Youkilis signs with Yankees

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the Yanks signed him because he was the best option for them. Certainly not to annoy the Sox. If any of their signings annoy the Sox, Im sure it was just a bonus and not the first reason to sign them.

Not sure what kind of info Youk can give the yanks that their people dont already know.

Either way, good for Youk. I hope he does well, except against the Sox.

[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, I love Youk and I think he's worth the money. I agree it's an added bonus to have a guy that knows their biggest competitor playing against them. But the fact remains, it is there. And there may be little indiosyncracies that people on other teams wouldn't necessarily know, but after Bobby, who made it a point to blab about any weaknesses on the Sox players I guess that point may be moot.

Whatever. I also hope he does well, except against the Sox.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Youk is better than Napoli.

By the way - Red Sox always end up with the Yankees.  But it never ever goes the other way - yankees never become red sox (except scrub yankees).

the last Yankee to go to Boston that was any good was Mike Torres.

[/QUOTE]

I have been saying this FOR EVA. There are still fans who believe Swisher is coming here. lol Not a chance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If he does well, will RS fans start accusing him of juicing up?

[/QUOTE]

Get a life!

I'd prefer one year of Youk at 1B over 3 years of a poor fielding Napoli, but at 3B one year of Youk isn't worth $5m nevrmind $12m.  Cashman had limited opitons if this deal was the best he could do.

Youkilis would be a nice 1B platoon at the right price.

2012 wRC+

vs  LHP    135      vs  RHP   89

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to prknsdnld's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

By the way - Red Sox always end up with the Yankees.  But it never ever goes the other way - yankees never become red sox (except scrub yankees).

[/QUOTE]

How about Don Baylor? Mike Stanley? Ramiro Mendoza? 

[/QUOTE]

You have a good point with Baylor.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mark Melancon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

David Wells signed with the Red Sox and then pitched the opener of the 2005 season at Yankee stadium. 

I was at the game and the fan were chanting, "A**hole!!!" when Wells was mentioned.  LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Key2Delock. Show Key2Delock's posts

They couldn't wait until 12/12/12 to announce that Youk had signed for $12 million?  That's one nice Chanukah gift for Youk.

Will he be shaving off his facial hair to raise money for charity?  (It worked for David Axelrod and Joe Scarborough with their Slash The Stache campaign to raise money for CURE's epilepsy research foundation.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mark Melancon.

[/QUOTE]

"Mark Melancon"

WOW. You actually have the nuts to bring up another one of the yankee prospects you pegged as a "can't miss future star". I believe you had Melancon pegged as "Mo's replacement".

Too funny Pops.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I do not understand this.

He goes to NY knowing when ARod comes back he is on the bench or at best the DH and a part time 3B/1B

He is looking for playing time versus ARod. Teixera, and probably Andruw Jones ??.

Whereas if he went to Cleveland right now he'd be the starting first baseman and back with familar faces on that team and coaching. 

[/QUOTE]

Also: Cleveland's offer was redacted after they signed Mark Reynolds.  Yankees became his only option.  Cant really blame Youk

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He goes to NY knowing when ARod comes back he is on the bench or at best the DH and a part time 3B/1B

He is looking for playing time versus ARod. Teixera, and probably Andruw Jones ??.

Whereas if he went to Cleveland right now he'd be the starting first baseman and back with familar faces on that team and coaching. 

[/QUOTE]

JIM

I think and if so give him credit

if he's doing it for the action

it was said he missed the intensity while in chicago

for the same reasons

I could see swish taking less money to go to sox over clev

maybe we can trade them once arod gets back

watching swish in a sox uni will be just as bad 4 me

maybe worse

[/QUOTE] Hi Zac,

Good signing for NY.

Youk will man 3rd. base until July.

Rest on the bench for a couple of months.

And be rested come October when Arod stops hitting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

David Wells signed with the Red Sox and then pitched the opener of the 2005 season at Yankee stadium. 

I was at the game and the fan were chanting, "A**hole!!!" when Wells was mentioned.  LOL

[/QUOTE]

That can't be right.  Yankee fans never boo ex-players.

They're the bestest fans in the whole world.

Just ask prknsdnld.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Youk RAN HIMSELF OUT OF TOWN with his petulent i want to start nonsense even though Middlebrooks was clearly better and the future...

he is dead to me and I cant wait to boo his traitorous sweaty head....12 million for that washed up salami?  he makes the victorino signing look good in comparison...

[/QUOTE]

What? And if he didn't say that he'd have been accused of being cold and indifferent, and would have been run out of town for THAT. Every player wants to play. If it was me, I'd be saying I want to start too, no matter how good the other guy is. If he wasn't that kind of player, he wouldn't have made it to MLB. I don't like him in a NYY uniform either, but what was he supposed to do? Mope around and never play again because the Sox wouldn't re-sign him? Or take less money to play for someone who never plays Boston just to satisfy the likes of you?

[/QUOTE]
    then cheer for him you salami...he just gave the entire Red Sox nation the middle finger because he wants revenge on Ben and Company trading him because of MB....this guy was supposed to be a dirtdog and bleed Red Sox Red - now he takes a one year contract (when he can be starting in Cleveland???) like a scumbaggg mercenary FOR THE YANKS? How does this prolong his career? It doesnt...he cares about $$$$ and sticking to the Sox....but you go root him on...lol

[/QUOTE]

You do know "petulance," as these posts prove yet again.

The Sox cast him off for junk and didn't want him back, yet he's supposed to be a martyr for Red Sox Nation and sign only where we fans want him to sign, and if he doesn't it's out of "revenge"...lol...give me a break. He took the best offer out there, and I can't fault him for that. I hope he gets nothing but a warm and grateful reception when he returns to Fenway.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hahaha.  Fun stuff.

[/QUOTE]

From a personal stand point spaceman, I certainly don't want Youk facing us that many times next season any more than I did Damon.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, might be a little worse with Youk.  Damon was just a mercenary all along, so there was no meaning in anything when he faced the sox.  But, Youk, Youk was run outta town by Bobby V. and the organization signed off on it.  I mean, Middlebrooks is the future, and something had to be done.  But I am sure Kevin feels betrayed and he is gonna have a little something extra in his mojo when he faces the Sox.  I don't like the idea of Youk exacting revenge at all.  

[/QUOTE]
    Definitely agree with you.  You can't blame Youk for signing with the Yankees.  I was at the game the day that he was traded. It was a terrible day for Red Sox fans.   It will be interesting to see Brady wearing his Yankees hat.  Afterall, Youk is family. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChronicNYY13. Show ChronicNYY13's posts

Now we have to look at that astonished look Youk always when anything is called a strike.  Didn't Billy Beane want this guy???  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I wish my brother-in-law is Tom Brady.  That would mean my sister would be a Victoria Secret model.  LOL

Anyway, another former Yankee that came over to the Red Sox is 2007 World Series MVP, Mike Lowell!!!   :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

First of all, we all know he is not capable to play every day at 3B for the entire season.  He could bat DH occassionally.  Another thing is that if Youkilis really wanted to play for the Yankees, he should have sign the contract last week.  But guess he was hoping there is a better offer than the Yankees.  One year for 12 mm dollars is a whole alot better contract than Cleveland is giving him 2 years for 18 mm dollars.  Also like someone said, Yankees have better chance to go to post season than Cleveland does (I do not hope so).

Remember Youkilis is soon could retire at any time.  Look at Mike Lowell, and soon to be A-Rod.  I dont know how the Yankees can deal with him especially his 5 something years left in his contract.

I wont boo him at all or wont cheer for him at all.  Just let him go.  He wont be like Johnny Damon who bolted from the Red Sox after the Red Sox did gave him a contract offer.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Bobby V. got it right !!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bobby V. got it right !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Bobby V was lucky if he got his own adress right...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mark Melancon.

[/QUOTE]

"Mark Melancon"

WOW. You actually have the nuts to bring up another one of the yankee prospects you pegged as a "can't miss future star". I believe you had Melancon pegged as "Mo's replacement".

Too funny Pops.

[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked Mark Melancon came up throught the yankee farm system and is now with the Red Sox which makes him a former Yankee.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Seeger88's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mark Melancon.

[/QUOTE]

Ramiro Mendoza spent 2004 with the Red Sox and went back to New York in 2005 and pitched one inning giving up two innings.

[/QUOTE]

I agree and remember Mendoza and his career well.

Another former Yankee with the Sox of course Alfredo Aceves.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Could be a few of the older posters remember former Sox outfielder Jackie Jensen the 1958 AL MVP who came up through the Yankee system as well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mark Melancon.

[/QUOTE] and Ace, before he let pride and self interest get in the way..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

JIM

I think and if so give him credit

if he's doing it for the action

it was said he missed the intensity while in chicago

for the same reasons

I could see swish taking less money to go to sox over clev

maybe we can trade them once arod gets back

watching swish in a sox uni will be just as bad 4 me

maybe worse

[/QUOTE] Hi Zac,

Good signing for NY.

Youk will man 3rd. base until July.

Rest on the bench for a couple of months.

And be rested come October when Arod stops hitting.

[/QUOTE]

You really think when Arod comes back from hip surgery in July, or at all that the Yanks are gonna stick him back at 3B?  If he comes back at all in 2013 he will be the NYY designated hitter.  Youk will man 3B for the whole season, barring injury.

Sections
Shortcuts