Youkilis signs with Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Re: Youkilis signs with Yankees

I don't the Sox should have given up on Youk.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Here is the downward progression of Youk's OPS the last 3 yrs: 975, 833, 745.

And the (Jewish) Greek God of Walks had an OBP in 2012 of 336. So-so, and for him, awful.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedStain. Show TheRedStain's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Follow Ken RosenthalKen RosenthalVerified@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: #Yankees sign Youkilis, one year, $12M.

[/QUOTE]

Ha ha! I can't wait to see all those Chokee fans who "hated" Youk when he was at his prime, try to force themselves to "love" him - replacing the god ARoid - now that he is a washed-up 2.35 hitter. Good times in Boston!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

In response to TheRedStain's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Follow Ken RosenthalKen RosenthalVerified‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: #Yankees sign Youkilis, one year, $12M.

[/QUOTE]

Ha ha! I can't wait to see all those Chokee fans who "hated" Youk when he was at his prime, try to force themselves to "love" him - replacing the god ARoid - now that he is a washed-up 2.35 hitter. Good times in Boston!

[/QUOTE]

You were able to pack a lot of silliness and pent up frustration into three lines of kind of infantile drivel and zero value. I think most Yank fans have always respected Youk as a true dirt dog type of player (if a bit of a whiner) and a tough out who got screwed by Sox management. Frankly, happy to have him and think he'll do well in NY. Good fit for us and a virtual guarantee there will not be a boo in the house when he's introduced at the Stadium.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to BannedOnTheRun-1918's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Glad you think last place and no playoff appearances in years is a "good time" in boston

[/QUOTE]

You can talk trash with the best of 'em. Kind of reminds me of the scene in the flick The Campaign where Will Ferrel says to Zach Galifianakis;

"You're trying to out trash talk me?  The difference between your mother & my dryer is the dryer doesn't follow me around for weeks after I drop a load in it". 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Seeger88's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to prknsdnld's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Youk is better than Napoli.

By the way - Red Sox always end up with the Yankees.  But it never ever goes the other way - yankees never become red sox (except scrub yankees).

the last Yankee to go to Boston that was any good was Mike Torres.

[/QUOTE]

How about Don Baylor? Mike Stanley? Ramiro Mendoza? 

[/QUOTE]

Mark Melancon.

[/QUOTE]

Ramiro Mendoza spent 2004 with the Red Sox and went back to New York in 2005 and pitched one inning giving up two innings.

[/QUOTE]

I agree and remember Mendoza and his career well.

Another former Yankee with the Sox of course Alfredo Aceves.

[/QUOTE] "of course Alfredo Aceves"

The guy we are still waiting on to go down with a bad back you so boldly predicted.

[/QUOTE]

That never happened.

I did point out the reasons Aceves was offered a minor league contract by the Yankees before he signed with the Sox.

He couldn't be counted on down the stretch the season prior because of his back problems, he refused surgery to fix the problem in the off-season (which the Yankees recommended) and then broke his shoulder on a bike mishap.

I questioned whether or not he could hold up pitching as often as he did for the Sox as did countless others because of previous back issues.

[/QUOTE] Bottom line you were wrong.

Next time simply say so and spare me the essay.

[/QUOTE]

Spare me your stalking.

To err is human.

Everyone here has had high expectations for prospects not met.

But the real issue is you fabricating a lie that I "boldly predicted" Aceves would fail.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe Zac can refresh your memory.

That you posted that Aceves was sure to experience back problems in Boston.

Those were your words on numerous occassions.

Sorry Pop's but having the advantage of youth on you my memory unlike yours is sharp.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that I wrote that I  expected Aceves to have back problems in 2011 which is a stretch from "boldly predicting" them as you stated I did.

Go get those posts if i "boldly predicted it" as  you claim, those posts should still be there.

Aceves  did go against the Yankee Doctors advice and opt against corrective surgery to fix the bulging disk during the 2010 post season.

Aceves was originally diagnosed with a bulging disk by the Yankee doctors in 2010 a problem that dogged him all of the entire 2010 season.

I base my opinions on what I see, with this case on the back issues Aceves suffered with in 2010. Expecting something to happen is a long way from boldly predicting it to.

Was not unreasonable for me to expect him to have the same problems with his back that started in Sept. 2009 and continued all throughout 2010.

The Sox rolled the dice just like they did with Ramiro Mendoza but this time it paid off.

Don't know what your point is other than making yourself look like an idiot who doesn't know when to quit.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010-05-11/sports/27064109_1_phil-hughes-alfredo-aceves-yankee-bullpen

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Sorry, the Sox dumped him during last season. Not as if he left as a FA on his own accord. Let him sign wherever he can get the best deal. If he comes back an haunts he Sox, so be it. They'd deserve it. Only mental midgets and intellectually yahoos would boo him.

It's a business, folks!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I see Yankee fans trying to sell this to themselves but be real.  Your backup plan for your broken down 30 million 3B is a broken down 12 million 3B turned 1B turned 3B, who is in clear decline at the plate and has serious durability concerns?  Keep telling yourself you like this move.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Thesemenarecowards's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I see Yankee fans trying to sell this to themselves but be real.  Your backup plan for your broken down 30 million 3B is a broken down 12 million 3B turned 1B turned 3B, who is in clear decline at the plate and has serious durability concerns?  Keep telling yourself you like this move.

[/QUOTE]

I recall the same type commentary when Wade Boggs signed with the Yankees he was done too and at the time a year older than Youk will be next season.

Then Wade gave the Yankees some real great seasons.

Mike Lowell too, no one wanted him. The deal was if you wanted Beckett you had to take Lowell too.

I'll say what I said last year I think Youk still has some gas left in the tank.

I hope that I'm right.

It's going to be a fun season for sure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I recall the same type commentary when Wade Boggs signed with the Yankees he was done too and at the time a year older than Youk.

Mike Lowell too, no one wanted him the deal was if you wanted Beckett you had to take Lowell with him.

I'll say what I said last year I think Youk still has some gas left in the tank.

I hope that I'm right.

[/QUOTE]

Lowell was a little different in that he was coming off 1 awful season that was way off his norm.  Youk has been in clear decline at the plate for the last 3 years. Lowell also won a GG the season before he came to Boston.

But sure sometimes guys rebound.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I recall the same type commentary when Wade Boggs signed with the Yankees he was done too and at the time a year older than Youk will be next season.

Mike Lowell too, no one wanted him. The deal was if you wanted Beckett you had to take Lowell too.

I hope that I'm right.

[/QUOTE]

Mike Lowell had one bad year. It was a salary dump, more than anything. Youkilis' issues are as much about the fact he can't stay on the field, than his decline. If Middlebrooks didn't come and play as well as he did, when Youk was on the DL, he would more than likley still be in Boston.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I recall the same type commentary when Wade Boggs signed with the Yankees he was done too and at the time a year older than Youk.

Mike Lowell too, no one wanted him the deal was if you wanted Beckett you had to take Lowell with him.

I hope that I'm right.

[/QUOTE]

Lowell was a little different in that he was coming off 1 awful season that was way off his norm.  Youk has been in clear decline at the plate for the last 3 years. Lowell also won a GG the season before he came to Boston.

But sure sometimes guys rebound.....

[/QUOTE]

Boggs won two GGs with the Yankees and also went to four AS games.

His average had declined too.

Not ready to throw dirt on Youk yet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope that I'm right.

[/QUOTE]

Mike Lowell had one bad year. It was a salary dump, more than anything. Youkilis' issues are as much about the fact he can't stay on the field, than his decline. If Middlebrooks didn't come and play as well as he did, when Youk was on the DL, he would more than likley still be in Boston.

[/QUOTE]

I remember the Marlins trying to move Lowell and no one wanted him.

Was not an overnight thing he hung out there for awhile there were no takers plain and simple.

The Sox got a good deal on that one.

Scott Brosious another 3rd baseman who was in decline. Hit .203 in Oakland age 30 the season before he went to NY where he rebounded to .300.

I see this happen all the time, I wouldn't write the script on Youk.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope that I'm right.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Was not an overnight thing he hung out there for awhile there were no takers plain and simple.

Scott Brosious another 3rd baseman who was in decline. Hit .203 in Oakland age 30 the season before he went to NY where he rebounded to .300.

I see this happen all the time, I wouldn't write the script on Youk.

[/QUOTE]

Because of the off year and salary. Not gonna have a lot of takers, TWM. Texas went through the same thing last off season with Michael Young, not because of his play, his 16 mil per. Then he had a great 2012. Youkilis' issues are his health, coupled with decline. No way to say. Only time will tell.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope that I'm right.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I see this happen all the time, I wouldn't write the script.

[/QUOTE]

Brosius also hit .300 the year before he hit .203, so again it was an outlier year.  It was the late 90's, maybe he just got off the PED's for the year?  Youk will be 34 on opening day and has gone .305, .258, .235.  That is a trend, not an aberation.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope that I'm right.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brosius also hit .300 the year before he hit .203, so again it was an outlier year.  It was the late 90's, maybe he just got off the PED's for the year?  Youk will be 34 on opening day and has gone .305, .258, .235.  That is a trend, not an aberation.

[/QUOTE]

Boggs was 35 on his opening day for the Yankees.

Brosious has never been mentioned in PED talk by anyone thats a dumb statement.

If you want a trend Boggs, Lowell and Broscious all won WS rings after they were moved.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope that I'm right.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you want a trend Boggs, Lowell and Broscious all won WS rings after they were moved.

[/QUOTE]

Boggs is one of the great hitters in MLB history, who AGAIN had 1 bad year, his last in Boston.  Comparing a declining Youk to a 1st ballot HOFamer who had 1 bad year is pointless.

My Brosius comment was tongue in cheek.  Also, you spell his name wrong. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope that I'm right.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Boggs is one of the great hitters in MLB history, who AGAIN had 1 bad year, his last in Boston.  Comparing a declining Youk to a 1st ballot HOFamer who had 1 bad year is pointless.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah ok and there are 2 rs in aberration.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

God bless Yuk. He'll do well with the Yankees and thats fine. He gace us everything he had now is time to apprecaite him and show him respect 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Embedded image permalink

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope that I'm right.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's not true about Boggs who I agree was one of the greatest hitters ever.

He too appeared to be losing his skills, his career average declining his last few years in Boston but he still hit for a higher average then most of the rest.

His last season with Boston dipping below .300 to .259..

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/boggswa01.shtml

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to bald-predictions's comment:

Embedded image permalink

Lol.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope that I'm right.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah ok and there are 2 rs in aberration.

[/QUOTE]

LOL.... a perfect analogy to this discussion.  Trend (BrosiOus) vs. AberRation (Aberation).

Sections
Shortcuts