Youkilis signs with Yankees

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: Youkilis signs with Yankees

In response to titletownfan's comment:

Whatever.  Yanks were the best option for him.  Cannot blame the guy one bit.

This. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Kind of stings that we dumped him for a bag of balls (no, for Zach Stewart and Brent Lillibridge...I realized that would be insulting to bags of balls everywhere) and now, a few months later, he's signing for $12 million.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to BannedOnTheRun-1918's comment:

JIM

I think and if so give him credit

if he's doing it for the action

it was said he missed the intensity while in chicago

for the same reasons

I could see swish taking less money to go to sox over clev

maybe we can trade them once arod gets back

watching swish in a sox uni will be just as bad 4 me

maybe worse

one good turns deserves another, zac. Not sure what will be worse for yankee fans seeing Swish in red sox or Youk in pinstripes.;)

Hate both

Maybe from the outside looking in, but they both appear to be good guys, who do a lot of charity work.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

Will Joba have to get rid of his folk youk t shirt?

LOL good one!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Youk RAN HIMSELF OUT OF TOWN with his petulent i want to start nonsense even though Middlebrooks was clearly better and the future...

he is dead to me and I cant wait to boo his traitorous sweaty head....12 million for that washed up salami?  he makes the victorino signing look good in comparison...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to prknsdnld's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Youk joins the unholy alliance of Boggs, Clemens, Damon.

And they all wear WS rings.....

Right, with both teams, so what's your point?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Good for Youk. I never boo any ex-Sox players that play for the Yanks. Sox didn't want him any more and he still wants to play the game, so who cares where he plays? Whiney Sox fans crack me up. Get over it.

In response to georom4's comment:

Youk RAN HIMSELF OUT OF TOWN with his petulent i want to start nonsense even though Middlebrooks was clearly better and the future...

he is dead to me and I cant wait to boo his traitorous sweaty head....12 million for that washed up salami?  he makes the victorino signing look good in comparison...

What? And if he didn't say that he'd have been accused of being cold and indifferent, and would have been run out of town for THAT. Every player wants to play. If it was me, I'd be saying I want to start too, no matter how good the other guy is. If he wasn't that kind of player, he wouldn't have made it to MLB. I don't like him in a NYY uniform either, but what was he supposed to do? Mope around and never play again because the Sox wouldn't re-sign him? Or take less money to play for someone who never plays Boston just to satisfy the likes of you?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

What? And if he didn't say that he'd have been accused of being cold and indifferent, and would have been run out of town for THAT. Every player wants to play. If it was me, I'd be saying I want to start too, no matter how good the other guy is. If he wasn't that kind of player, he wouldn't have made it to MLB. I don't like him in a NYY uniform either, but what was he supposed to do? Mope around and never play again because the Sox wouldn't re-sign him? Or take less money to play for someone who never plays Boston just to satisfy the likes of you?

then cheer for him you salami...he just gave the entire Red Sox nation the middle finger because he wants revenge on Ben and Company trading him because of MB....this guy was supposed to be a dirtdog and bleed Red Sox Red - now he takes a one year contract (when he can be starting in Cleveland???) like a scumbaggg mercenary FOR THE YANKS? How does this prolong his career? It doesnt...he cares about $$$$ and sticking to the Sox....but you go root him on...lol

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

I cant be mad at him. He is a Brady after all.

He did take her last name didn't he?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I am not mad at Tom Brady's brother-in-law.   LOL

• This post has been removed.

then cheer for him you salami...he just gave the entire Red Sox nation the middle finger because he wants revenge on Ben and Company trading him because of MB....this guy was supposed to be a dirtdog and bleed Red Sox Red - now he takes a one year contract (when he can be starting in Cleveland???) like a scumbaggg mercenary FOR THE YANKS? How does this prolong his career? It doesnt...he cares about $$$$ and sticking to the Sox....but you go root him on...lol

When did I say I was going to "root him on"? In fact, I said I didnt like him in a NYY uniform any more than anyone else. But you answered neither of my questions about what he was supposed to do as a player, and as a man. And hes doing it because "he wants revenge?" And you know this how? Get over yourself. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

I do not understand this.

He goes to NY knowing when ARod comes back he is on the bench or at best the DH and a part time 3B/1B

He is looking for playing time versus ARod. Teixera, and probably Andruw Jones ??.

Whereas if he went to Cleveland right now he'd be the starting first baseman and back with familar faces on that team and coaching. 

Easy to understand.He got more money with a chance to go to the post season which Cleveland will not be doing. Easy to understand. Same reason Ray Allen went to Miami for less money for a chance to win a championship.

Hetch

• You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Follow Ken RosenthalKen RosenthalVerified@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: #Yankees sign Youkilis, one year, $12M.

BE FOREVER DAMNED, BEN CHERINGTON, FOR ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN!!

In response to REBEL's comment:

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Follow Ken RosenthalKen RosenthalVerified‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: #Yankees sign Youkilis, one year, $12M.

BE FOREVER DAMNED, BEN CHERINGTON, FOR ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN!!

LOL

• You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Youk has seen better days; the bat speed is not what it used to be (unless it was injury and/or attitude related). But does this mean his brother-in-law is now a NYY fan? (He was once spotted wearing a NYY cap a couple of yrs ago, LOL). If he does well, will RS fans start accusing him of juicing up?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I have no problem with Youk on the Yankees. He didn't go there like Damon who took the offer without allowing the Sox a chance to match his offer. And he was booted off the Sox by a completely mad Valentine. He's free to do whatever is best for him as far as I'm concerned.

I do believe part of the Yankees interest is just signing ex-Sox players to annoy the Sox, and probably get a little inside info on the players. I hope Youk doesn't go down that road as I'm sure the team didn't want him gone, and for sure the fans didn't want him gone. I believe Youk will always be good with Boston for what's he meant to the fans here, and will not be booed at the games. He'll be welcomed as he should be since we all had to endure the Valentine         storm.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think the Yanks signed him because he was the best option for them. Certainly not to annoy the Sox. If any of their signings annoy the Sox, Im sure it was just a bonus and not the first reason to sign them.

Not sure what kind of info Youk can give the yanks that their people dont already know.

Either way, good for Youk. I hope he does well, except against the Sox.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I think the Yanks signed him because he was the best option for them. Certainly not to annoy the Sox. If any of their signings annoy the Sox, Im sure it was just a bonus and not the first reason to sign them.

Not sure what kind of info Youk can give the yanks that their people dont already know.

Either way, good for Youk. I hope he does well, except against the Sox.

He always gave it his all when he was with the Sox and his grit in toughing out injuries said a lot about his heart.  As you say...good luck except against the Sox.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Youk is better than Napoli.

By the way - Red Sox always end up with the Yankees.  But it never ever goes the other way - yankees never become red sox (except scrub yankees).

the last Yankee to go to Boston that was any good was Mike Torres.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

bucky dent 78.

that's all i can remember from torrez.

• Sections
    Shortcuts