Youkilis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Youkilis

Kevin is rumored to be a FA with Yanks not signing him up.

At 34 years, he has at least 1-2 good, productive years, and hope a good team picks him up.

I wish Valentine never happened, and Youkilis was still with the team.  I realize he was getting injured often, and would have blocked younger 3B players developing, or played 1st instead of Naps.  But he also would have fit well with the culture being one of the originals from 07 (may be even 04 I think), and his patience at bat.

I wish him well, wherever he goes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Youkilis

DON'T MESS WITH YOUK!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:

Kevin is rumored to be a FA with Yanks not signing him up.

At 34 years, he has at least 1-2 good, productive years, and hope a good team picks him up.

I wish Valentine never happened, and Youkilis was still with the team.  I realize he was getting injured often, and would have blocked younger 3B players developing, or played 1st instead of Naps.  But he also would have fit well with the culture being one of the originals from 07 (may be even 04 I think), and his patience at bat.

I wish him well, wherever he goes.

WELL, did you realize that he missed half of the season this past season with the Yankees???  He was making like 14 millions dollars.

Good thing Boston didnt take him back!!

Move on, things worked out this year and I am sure that if most are coming back, things will get better next year!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

With Napoli (presumably) and Middlebrooks at the corners, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a part-time player with a bat as insurance.  If not Youk, maybe Eric Chavez.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I don't see Youk returning to the Red Sox next season. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

I don't see Youk returning to the Red Sox next season. 

He'd be a pretty good RH PH/Bak Up 1B to have provided he's not wasting a roster spot and it fits in well with our needs............but that would be the extent of his worth so it would be hard to imagine him coming back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Some would say the chain of events that led us to tonight began when Youkilis was sent away.

Not that Kevin was a bad player. Just that it was step one in rebuilding the team.

I have never seen a team rebuild in so short a time. Even if it is a one year rebuilding effort.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I'd love to have him back, but mostly for sentimental reasons at this point (the same part of me that foolishly hoped for Pedro, Nomar, Lowe, Millar, et. al., even Clemens at one time, to come back and finish their careers with the Sox). It's a shame things ended for him in Boston the way they did. You have to wonder how it all would have gone down had Farrell been managing the Red Sox a year earlier instead of Valentine.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

I didn't mean Sox should not have traded him away, or bring him back.  I am glad Sox are where they are - ine win away from WS win - with who they have.

Also, I know his playing time is getting shorter and shorter due to injuries.

Just that he played hard for the Sox, contributed well enough to win it all in 07, have a sentimental tug to him, and wishing him well wherever he goes and whatever he does.  He was a decent person, who didn't deserve the acrimony that precipitated in his departure from Boston.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Had some very good years in Boston, but a little temperamental.  He was suspended 5 games during a pennant race one year because he charged the mound after an HBP.  Good news is Farrell is absolutely the right guy to make a judgment about whether to bring him back. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Body breaking down suddenly?  Anger issues?  Big fat swollen head?

Sound familiar?

Sections
Shortcuts