Youk's Body Language

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Youk's Body Language

His heart IMO is not into being a NYY; it kind of reminds me of Tiant, when he was with them, and admitted it afterward, pointing out that was his job; Tewksbury was another, as was Seaver when he was a NYY announcer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: Youk's Body Language

you sound like that guy who said

''"'I don't think he's as physically or emotionally into the game as he has been in the past for some reason''

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

His heart IMO is not into being a NYY; it kind of reminds me of Tiant, when he was with them, and admitted it afterward, pointing out that was his job; Tewksbury was another, as was Seaver when he was a NYY announcer.

Ah, through the looking glass huh Steven?  I don't know.  Youk's body language has always been so demonstrative one way or another that it is open for critique for sure.  But, what you are noticing makes me think of Valentine's horribly-misplaced comments about youk at the beginning of last year.  Perhaps Bobby was picking up on this same body language?  perhaps Youk's heart has been out of baseball for a minute, not just pinstripes.  I don't know.  Random, tabloid association I know, but, Youk's body language has changed ver since he became ... Mrs. Brady!  Tongue Out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I can't say I blame him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

he's at the tail end of a career that was pretty good...he's a competitive guy - hence the body language

As always - 100% correct!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Changing the subject a little; WFAN's Joe Benigno - a Met fan yet, was whining about Ortiz's pirouette of the bat after that impressive monster of a HR; and claims he should be plunked, but the NYY, going back to Torre, as a general rule don't do this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

''"'I don't think he's as physically or emotionally into the game as he has been in the past for some reason''

Ok, so now we know that nhstephen is actually Bobby Valentine. What next? Permanent banning?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

He is the Manchurian Candidate. Still works for Henry.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Good one! A great film too - the original, that is

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ok, so now we know that nhstephen is actually Bobby Valentine. What next? Permanent banning?

[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but I don't think that was the intent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Good one! A great film too - the original, that is

Yes, like Crawford was the MC for the Rays when he was here. Now it all makes sense......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Changing the subject a little; WFAN's Joe Benigno - a Met fan yet, was whining about Ortiz's pirouette of the bat after that impressive monster of a HR; and claims he should be plunked, but the NYY, going back to Torre, as a general rule don't do this.

benigno is 100 years old and is old school.  he cannot fathom the new MLB with all their showboating, players on opposing teams covorting with each other, mega contracts and protect the health.  forget about it.....

ortiz has for lack of a better word..."earned" the right to toss the bat, stare at the ball, and take 1/2 hour to round the bases.  if JBJ did it, next guy up would get drilled for sure.

benigno still salty the HR derby ruined his boy....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Ridiculous. Papi has been doing that for years, although I will admit that he seems to do it at The Stadium more than anywhere else. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

[QUOTE]

benigno is 100 years old and is old school.  he cannot fathom the new MLB with all their showboating, players on opposing teams covorting with each other, mega contracts and protect the health.  forget about it.....

ortiz has for lack of a better word..."earned" the right to toss the bat, stare at the ball, and take 1/2 hour to round the bases.  if JBJ did it, next guy up would get drilled for sure.

benigno still salty the HR derby ruined his boy....

[/QUOTE]

Except I believe Wright has recovered, and may be a HOFer

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

BTW, its no co-incidence that it began raining almost immediately after Ortiz hit that blast. That shot really was high enough to bring rain.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I disagree with the OP.  The Yankees gave Youk new life with an 8 figure contract for one year.  But I think Youk wants to play defense as well as swing the bat, so that could be bothering him.  Matt Damon had no problem playing for the Yankees.  Also, Youk will be fine when he hits his first double or dinger, provided that happens fairly soon.  He likes to contribute. 

You want to see unhappy body language?  Look at Youk last year when he came back to the Sox after being on the DL and found Middlebrooks permanently esconced at 3B.  Now there was an unhappy camper.  But later he seemed very happy with the White Sox.  He just wants to play ball every day and make good money at the same time. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

BTW, its no co-incidence that it began raining almost immediately after Ortiz hit that blast. That shot really was high enough to bring rain.

Here's guessing if that wasn't an ESPN prime time game, the game would have never started.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

johnny

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]

Here's guessing if that wasn't an ESPN prime time game, the game would have never started.

[/QUOTE]

You gotta be kidding.  The umps routinely do everything they can to get games in.  Heck, even when they get five innings in, they try to get more innings up until they see Noah working on his new ark.  Plus I'm sure by now every MLB ball park has an elaborate and effective drainage system. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

LOL!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Youk's matured. thats all. He is an aging ball player now. Same heart, same soul, just a lot older. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought it didn't start raining until about 10:30?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought it didn't start raining until about 10:30?

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

If it had started at 7:00, like most games, it probably would've been a complete game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

Youkilis will be fine....they rushed him and Tex so they would play vs the Sox ...neither of them guys were given enough at bats to be ready for pitchers in mid season form. My guess is in about 10 days or so both will start hitting pretty well...if their really healthy.