young -coma

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

young -coma

it was youngs job to have bard ready last night after 3 bad outings.he failed.
    comas job to know if young was successful.he failed.
    should have had aceves in their in 8th with both bard and paps warming.if aceves has problem with less than 2 outs,bring in bard.if bard has any problem,bring in paps.
    not rocket science.just common sense

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: young -coma

In Response to young -coma:
    [QUOTE]it was youngs job to have bard ready last night after 3 bad outings.he failed. comas job to know if young was successful.he failed. should have had aceves in their in 8th with both bard and paps warming.if aceves has problem with less than 2 outs,bring in bard.if bard has any problem,bring in paps. not rocket science.just common sense
    Posted by udontnojack[/QUOTE]  IF I WAS TITO, I WOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE COACHES AROUND ME....... IT LOOKS TO ME THAT FARREL (TORONTO) NEW OF ALL OUR WEEKNESS'S AT EVERY STOP......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Davey Lopes for 1st base coach in 2012!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Yeah, because every time a player doesn't do what he gets paid millions of dollars to do, it's obviously a coach's fault

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]it was youngs job to have bard ready last night after 3 bad outings.he failed. comas job to know if young was successful.he failed. should have had aceves in their in 8th with both bard and paps warming.if aceves has problem with less than 2 outs,bring in bard.if bard has any problem,bring in paps. not rocket science.just common sense
    Posted by udontnojack[/QUOTE]

In the stock market always buy low and sell high, it's not rocket science, just common sense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Bard was and will continue to be the right move in that situation.Like Lackey getting ball every 5th or 6th day, it's a givven, the Sox are going to have to dance with what they have, even with pitching in shambles the Sox will have enough for post-season run that will end with another championship.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Right. None of it was Bard's fault.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Bard is fine, he's arm slot is just off a bitUndecided He is a streaky pitcher and right now he couldn't get an American Legion team out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Bard getting his game together is more important than any one win.  If Bard can't find his game, the Sox will go nowhere in the post season.  Right now, they have 2 guys in the pen that are reliable - Aceves and Pap.  They can't go deep in the post season with only 2 relievers.

Bard and (hey, hey, hey it's) Matt Albers aren't going to find their games sitting on the bench or throwing in the BP.  They can only do it in games.  Sorry, but that's how baseball is.

If Bard has a mechanical problem, then he needs to work it out by throwing.  If Bard is hurt, then either he needs to go on the DL or learn how to pitch through the injury, and that can only be done by pitching in games.  They need Bard to find his game.

If the Sox rely too heavily on Pap, he'll break down.  Pap cannot throw more than 1 inning during the regular season.  He can do it occassionally in the post season, if they start using him to get more than 3 outs now, he'll be toast in the post season.

Another reason for using Bard - they don't have anyone else.  They need 3 guys to close out a game pitched by anyone other than Beckett (when they need 2 guys).  Right now, it's Aceves, Bard, and Pap.  There is no 4th reliever that can step in.  Everyone is on fumes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Good post by u-jack. Petty answers by Coma-Heads. So sad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

hitting coach working wonders too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In Response to Re: young -coma:
    [QUOTE]Bard getting his game together is more important than any one win.  If Bard can't find his game, the Sox will go nowhere in the post season.  Right now, they have 2 guys in the pen that are reliable - Aceves and Pap.  They can't go deep in the post season with only 2 relievers. Bard and (hey, hey, hey it's) Matt Albers aren't going to find their games sitting on the bench or throwing in the BP.  They can only do it in games.  Sorry, but that's how baseball is. If Bard has a mechanical problem, then he needs to work it out by throwing.  If Bard is hurt, then either he needs to go on the DL or learn how to pitch through the injury, and that can only be done by pitching in games.  They need Bard to find his game. If the Sox rely too heavily on Pap, he'll break down.  Pap cannot throw more than 1 inning during the regular season.  He can do it occassionally in the post season, if they start using him to get more than 3 outs now, he'll be toast in the post season. Another reason for using Bard - they don't have anyone else.  They need 3 guys to close out a game pitched by anyone other than Beckett (when they need 2 guys).  Right now, it's Aceves, Bard, and Pap.  There is no 4th reliever that can step in.  Everyone is on fumes.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

"Pap cannot throw more than 1 inning during the regular season."
    So it's innings and not pitch count that determines how long a reliever can go...I didn't know that. If Pap gets through an inning with, say, 6-7 pitches, does that mean he can't pitch another inning? If he throws 23 pitches in his one inning, should he have been taken out at say 15 pitches? I'm wondering if he did pitch in 2 innings and used 12-13-14-15 pitches, could he pitch in a 3rd inning until he reaches 25 or so pitches??
    There I go again, I'm sorry, I forgot about the groundskeepers moving the pitching rubber and home plate for the 9th inning. That's probably why he can only pitch in a 9th inning unless the game goes into extra innings.
    Too funny.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to young -coma :   IF I WAS TITO, I WOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE COACHES AROUND ME....... IT LOOKS TO ME THAT FARREL (TORONTO) NEW OF ALL OUR WEEKNESS'S AT EVERY STOP......
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]
    Farrell was a good pitching coach and now will be a very good manager for the Jays. He knew the Sox and what was lacking so he left.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: young -coma : Farrell was a good pitching coach and now will be a very good manager for the Jays. He knew the Sox and what was lacking so he left.
    Posted by DirtDawgSox[/QUOTE]
    afterthought...Francona recommended hiring Young because they were friends and Francona said that he needed someone to work with that he knew..how good was that for the team?