Young stars' first big league at bats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Young stars' first big league at bats

Red Sox' and baseball's one of the most hyped young prospect Bogaerts made his big league debut last night against the Giants.  Well, i'm sure many of you were disappointed to see him getting only 3 chances going homerless and even struck out at his final AB.  He was double switched with Drew later in the game.  He went hitless for 3 ABs with 2 ground outs and a SO swinging at chect high out of SZ fastball.  He seemed little bit nervous but it was only his first big league game.  He made a fantastic play to save a run at SS.  Just got more hyped watching the Giants being careful with Bogaerts' first AB not challenging him with fastball but two straight curveballs.

Let's see how other young stars in the league started off their big league career.

Mike Trout - 7/8/2011 against SEA, 0-3

Bryce Harper - 4/28/2012 against WAS, 1-3 2B RBI SF

Manny Machado - 8/9/2012 against KC, 2-4 3B R

Jurickson Profar - 9/2/2012 against CLE, 2-4 2B HR RBI R

Wil Myers - 6/18/2013 against BOS, 0-4 K

Hope to see him again today with lefty on the mound.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: Young stars' first big league at bats

Thanks for posting this, seanny...some nice perspective.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Zito is entirely different Pitcher at home. Lot of off-speed stuff, not Bogaerts strongest suit. All it takes is one hanger though. Wish him Luck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In other words.....we can't judge a players career based on his FIRST day at the office. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Red Sox' and baseball's one of the most hyped young prospect Bogaerts made his big league debut last night against the Giants.  Well, i'm sure many of you were disappointed to see him getting only 3 chances going homerless and even struck out at his final AB.  He was double switched with Drew later in the game.  He went hitless for 3 ABs with 2 ground outs and a SO swinging at chect high out of SZ fastball.  He seemed little bit nervous but it was only his first big league game.  He made a fantastic play to save a run at SS.  Just got more hyped watching the Giants being careful with Bogaerts' first AB not challenging him with fastball but two straight curveballs.

Let's see how other young stars in the league started off their big league career.

Probably will. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Thanks for posting this, seanny...some nice perspective.

Thanks for reading Flap and your kind reply.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In other words.....we can't judge a players career based on his FIRST day at the office. 

It isn't really his first day at the office.  He has had a full season of triple A ball where to some he has a rep of letting the other infielders do the heavy lifting.  It isn't like he has a glove like iggy to make up for an 0 for 3 night or a rep like JBJ where the only balls getting over his head are the homers, no matter where in the outfield he plays.

Let me guess, Boegarts, like Ortiz, refused to autograph your bib at one point as well?  By the way, I know facts are "not your thing," but 60 games does not equal a "full season" of AAA.  

I don't care if you've seen every inning of every baseball game Xander Boegarts has ever played, attended every one of his practices and climbed a tree in his front yard to watch him sleep every night, I would put more stock in the "scouting report" of a 9 year old kid attending his first game than anything you "report."  Stick to your unhealthy Ortiz obsession and leave the kid alone...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Still think Middlebrooks is our most talented prospect. Hopefully Bogarts can have the start will had.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

First of all, the Angels was 2 games behind the leader when Trout was called up on July 8th of 2011.  He went .163 with one homeruns with only 6 RBI for the entire month of July.  I think he was sent back down to the minor league and then re-called up again where he was on a tear for the entire month of August.  Suddenly for the entire month of September, he was in a slump again where he batted only .182 with only zero homeruns for that month.  What did the Angels team do at the end of the year?  They didnt make into the playoff.

So therefore you want more young kids to play now and try to help the team to make into the playoff.  Right now the way Boston is doing is just like the Angels of 2011 where they had so many young kids for the month of August and September, and these young kids couldnt carry the team to get into the post season.  

Best time for Bogaret to play for the team is beginning of the year or mid-season.  If the team is out of the contention, then he can play for team for the rest of the season. You dont experience rookies at this time of the year.

Please send him back down to the minor league!!!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

It isn't really his first day at the office.  He has had a full season of triple A ball where to some he has a rep of letting the other infielders do the heavy lifting.  It isn't like he has a glove like iggy to make up for an 0 for 3 night or a rep like JBJ where the only balls getting over his head are the homers, no matter where in the outfield he plays.

Omg thank you for showing me the error of my ways. Where would my baseball knowledge be without thee all great knowledgable Jackbu. 

Ok end sarcasm.

No ____ Sherlock. It's called an expression. I'm well aware of Xander's time in the minor leagues as I see more minor league games every year and have seen Xander on 3 different teams.  All I was trying to say is it was his first MLB game which it was.

You don't think people get nervous for there first MLB game? Of course they do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:

Still think Middlebrooks is our most talented prospect. Hopefully Bogarts can have the start will had.

Ok, Middy moves over to second and turns the double play like he has been playing there all season.

First play to Boggie at third and he back ups what I have been saying.  Middy and Iggy make that play every time. Boggie has had plenty of work at third too in the minors.

Yeah he's obviously a bust. Jim Cali's WRONG. Keith Law, WRONG. Johnathon Mayo, WRONG. Chris Melon, WRONG. Baseball america, minor league ball, scout.com, Soxprospects.com, fangraphs, the ENTIRE SCOUTING COMUNITY and the whole RED SOX ORGANIZATION, WRONG.

The kid is obviously a bust because he's looked shaky in his first two games, and his play does not appease JACKBU.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'm sorry that was a pretty over the top. Point is. The kid is young and he is nervous, and I've seen much better out of him.  He will perform, he adjusts quick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Just one thing wrong with the OP, the presumption Bogaerts is a star just by showing up.  We all have high hopes for him, but right now they are unrealized.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

It's ridiculous to make any assumptions about a player based on three at bats. 

Sections
Shortcuts