Your 1st place Boston Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Your 1st place Boston Red Sox

In Response to Re: Your 1st place Boston Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]Hey Jete...I agree.  The Yanks win a few in a row and then lose one and Joe G gets grilled and really looks like he hates it.  The first Kim Jones question after a loss is often painful.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]hey JD, well you know being in that dugout for four years with Joe T, i'm pretty sure Girardi knew what he was signing on for, but with the kind of guy he is, i think it was pretty much a given he wouldn't be as media-savvy as Joe was, imo too many people are still judging him as an ex-player...that automatically carrries a different dynamic for the guys still here than they had with Torre...Girardi should know by now how to deal with Kim..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your 1st place Boston Red Sox : hey JD, well you know being in that dugout for four years with Joe T, i'm pretty sure Girardi knew what he was signing on for, but with the kind of guy he is, i think it was pretty much a given he wouldn't be as media-savvy as Joe was, imo too many people are still judging him as an ex-player...that automatically carrries a different dynamic for the guys still here than they had with Torre...Girardi should know by now how to deal with Kim..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]Jete, I have always wondered about Giardi's temperment and how it will play over time in NY. Joe seems to have a Belichikian air about how he deals with the media and probably with players too. He has enough self-esteem that I think he can handle the heat that can bring OK.

It may fray really thin if the NYY ever have a really sub-par season or get side swiped by injury like the 2010 RS did. 2008 was different because it was his first season.

But personally I think he was a good change-up coming off of Joe Torre's rein and the smarter move than elevating Mattingly and asking him to Torre Jr.

It is one tough job. Monster egos, with guys signed through there twilight, a fanbase with a huge sense of entitlement and one of the Steinbrenner boys trying to emulate the worst parts of his dad. Tough job indeed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Hey, how did this turn into a discussion of the Yanks anyway? j/k jete. You know I love you bro. Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

posted at 5/28/2011 3:58 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=aca09e7a27ca7c558f3262455790d1bf&plckUserId=aca09e7a27ca7c558f3262455790d1bf">
    First: 5/26/2008
    Last: 5/28/2011
    Hey, how did this turn into a discussion of the Yanks anyway? j/k jete. You know I love you bro. Laughing
    We'll never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest
    LOL...yeah, you're just saying that because you're kicking my butt in our wager...Tongue outWink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Re: Your 1st place Boston Red Sox posted at 5/28/2011 3:58 PM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=aca09e7a27ca7c558f3262455790d1bf&plckUserId=aca09e7a27ca7c558f3262455790d1bf " /> carnie Posts: 3940 First: 5/26/2008 Last: 5/28/2011 Hey, how did this turn into a discussion of the Yanks anyway? j/k jete. You know I love you bro. We'll never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest LOL...yeah, you're just saying that because you're kicking my butt in our wager...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]Probably true. I might be hiding if you guys had swept us at fenway.Wink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your 1st place Boston Red Sox : Jete, I have always wondered about Giardi's temperment and how it will play over time in NY. Joe seems to have a Belichikian air about how he deals with the media and probably with players too. He has enough self-esteem that I think he can handle the heat that can bring OK. It may fray really thin if the NYY ever have a really sub-par season or get side swiped by injury like the 2010 RS did. 2008 was different because it was his first season. But personally I think he was a good change-up coming off of Joe Torre's rein and the smarter move than elevating Mattingly and asking him to Torre Jr. It is one tough job. Monster egos, with guys signed through there twilight, a fanbase with a huge sense of entitlement and one of the Steinbrenner boys trying to emulate the worst parts of his dad. Tough job indeed.  
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]hey 5K, i've had those same thoughts also,i did think he was a better choice than Donnie(for a few reasons) and i figured he had watched Joe close enough to avoid the pitfalls that come with managing the NYY, Girardi was intense as a player and as the Marlins skipper, maybe he thought it would translate here like some of  the reasons you cited, this was a whole different animal, the second the Yanks struggled guys like Lupica and Sherman pounced and he didn't handle it very well i may be alone in this but i feel at times he didn't get very sound advice from Cashman..who probably had his own fires to put out....that 09 title brought  him more of  a grace period than he might have had..this year is shaping up to be a pivotal one for him, the Yanks need to play better for the duration or the media will really come down on him...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your 1st place Boston Red Sox :Yanks need to play better for the duration or the media will really come down on him...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]If they don't he'll need to start channelling his inner Tito. Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

It's great to have the teamin first place.  Some of us never doubted that outcome.  I have to admit, I thought it might take a little longer than it did.  I remember very clearly those who doubted my optimism at the end of April when the Sox were still under .500.  My thread "Relax.  No I mean it, relax" was ridiculed by some and honored by others.

As several hav pointed out recently, this is the team we expected prior to the season's start.

Congrats to all. much bett

Still a long way to go, but it's so much nicer to be enjoying a 12 of 14 win history than 0-6 or 2-10  

WAY TO GO SOX!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Can't have the rainbow without the...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]It's great to have the teamin first place.  Some of us never doubted that outcome.  I have to admit, I thought it might take a little longer than it did.  I remember very clearly those who doubted my optimism at the end of April when the Sox were still under .500.  My thread "Relax.  No I mean it, relax" was ridiculed by some and honored by others. As several hav pointed out recently, this is the team we expected prior to the season's start. Congrats to all. much bett Still a long way to go, but it's so much nicer to be enjoying a 12 of 14 win history than 0-6 or 2-10   WAY TO GO SOX!!!
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]Good to see you yaz. It has been a nice run hasn't it? It sure is nice to see Crawford making the Roberto Clemente comparisons look not so silly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]It's great to have the teamin first place.  Some of us never doubted that outcome.  I have to admit, I thought it might take a little longer than it did.  I remember very clearly those who doubted my optimism at the end of April when the Sox were still under .500.  My thread "Relax.  No I mean it, relax" was ridiculed by some and honored by others. As several hav pointed out recently, this is the team we expected prior to the season's start. Congrats to all. much bett Still a long way to go, but it's so much nicer to be enjoying a 12 of 14 win history than 0-6 or 2-10   WAY TO GO SOX!!!
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

SY, those fork and spork marks healed quickly, didn't they?  Barely grazed the surface of the Red Sox player's and organization's thick skin. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Spork. That has to be the coolest word invented in the 20th century.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]Spork. That has to be the coolest word invented in the 20th century.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

As an acronym it stands for Secret Protectors of Revolutionary Knowledge. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your 1st place Boston Red Sox : As an acronym it stands for Secret Protectors of Revolutionary Knowledge. 
    Posted by losmediasrojas[/QUOTE]Even better. And I always thought of a spork as simply a catapult.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]Enjoy first place while it last, soon the cry babies will go into hiding again.
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

More of the same brilliant insight we've come to expect from the Ralph Wiggums of the chatboard.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]Huh?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

don't get the t shirt either...maybe more coffee will help

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Afternoon Carnie, i get a kick out of that middle finger pic....his parents must be so proud...Tongue out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Afternoon Carnie, i get a kick out of that middle finger pic....his parents must be so proud...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

where do you think he learned it?UndecidedTongue out

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your 1st place Boston Red Sox : where do you think he learned it?
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] from Pike?....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Hey guys,

I know I've been away and busy.  But enjoying the Sox run has never been out of view.  I'm even working on a new instrument called a laptop ...  last night's post shows that .... wow.  The cursor has a mind of it's own.

In Buffalo celebrating my wife's birthday and older son's service, but had a moment or two to celebrate the Sox first place elevation with two good NYY fan friends back home before I came up here.

For some reason, I'm getting strange looks from guys in his unit while wearing one of my Red Sox shirts ....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hey Yaz-o....welcome back bud, Happy Belated to the missus, and a big thank you to your son for his services(and that of his unit)...things have gotten interesting while you were gone, these four months might shape up to be what we though they could be....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Thanks Jete  ...  it will be interesting.  I never pick the pinstripes to be dead.  They always have some remarkable hot streaks after they figure out the bumps.  Tampa is gonna be hanging around too.  ALE has 4 teams at .500 or higher and the Birds are only a couple under.  Like you say, tough neighborhood!!!

Saw Clay pitch in a sports restaurant and bar this afternoon!  Then went to see Pirates in 3D at the IMax... (of   the Carribean, not Pittsburgh)