Your 2014 predictions? Be bold RSN!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Your 2014 predictions? Be bold RSN!

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Duck Boats ... again

I hope and pray

yup! looks like you,me and spaceman are on the same page.

yeah, the cover of Mad Magazine Tongue Out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

The Sox win the division with 94 wins, after a dogfight with the Rays.

They get beat by the Tigers in an ALCS rematch.

Haha...I was composing my entry when you posted this.

Good job with your more detailed post.

The Rays always seem to have the pitching to keep them in it, at the end.

The bastids!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

Duck Boats ... again

I hope and pray

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Duck Boats ... again

I hope and pray

LOL...Al is da man!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Yes, he is!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

Sox finish a game behind Yankees in the division but get a wildcard berth; Sox sweep Yankees in ALCS to return to the World Series, where they beat the Dodgers in 5.

Agree, Dustin Pedroia MVP.

Just like last season, every time someone goes down, a minor leaguer comes in and does the job.

and then you woke up Tongue Out...then again, win, lose, or draw i wouldn't mind having both our teams hook it up for a trip to the show again...been a long time...

Let's face it Jete, after last season's nightmare, you'll be glad if your collection of bad contracts would just get you to the post-season!  One step at a time Money Mouth

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Sox finish a game behind Yankees in the division but get a wildcard berth; Sox sweep Yankees in ALCS to return to the World Series, where they beat the Dodgers in 5.

Just like last season, every time someone goes down, a minor leaguer comes in and does the job.

and then you woke up Tongue Out...then again, win, lose, or draw i wouldn't mind having both our teams hook it up for a trip to the show again...been a long time...

Let's face it Jete, after last season's nightmare, you'll be glad if your collection of bad contracts would just get you to the post-season!  One step at a time Money Mouth

heck, i'll settle for at least 2nd place after week 1 Tongue Out 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

95 wins and another division title

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

95 wins and another division title

Sounds good to me!Laughing

Good to see you, carnie

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

I think we were very healthy and lucky last year.  To go deep into the playoffs all the way through the world series takes a toll on pitching.

This leads us to have to worry about Koji being healthy all year after his career high in innings.  I see him regress a bit and need to spend time on the DL.

I also see Big Papi regress a bit and is down to 275 Avg. 20 HR... still good, but regression

I think Clay is more injured than we all thought last year as we saw a serious drop in velocity and has season ending surgery.

This will force the hand of the Sox to call up one of the young starters to perform with Webster, Ranaudo or Barnes.  If they all do poorly, I see Workman stepping up.

I see Middlebrooks having a year closer to his rookie season than his last season.  I also see JBJ hitting around 245 with a 350 OBP and 13 HR.  Xander also performs as projected.

I see some regression due for Victorino and I see him missing time on a regular basis as he has some chronic injury issues and Nava sees a good amount of time in right.

I don't see Sizemore starting the year healthy and will be either on the 30 or 60 day DL to start the season.  I see them ramp up his workload very slowly so he can contribute as an extra outfielder after the all star break.  His injury history should make him less of a defender in center and I see the Sox having to trade for another CF type of guy like Dave Roberts or they pick up a guy off the waiver wire.

I see a strong year by Lackey, Doubront, Lester and a decent year by Peavy.  Dempster will likely see time in the pen as the swing guy until Clay goes down with injury and registers some innings as our 5th starter.

Overall, I like the team... but I only like them to have 92 wins as they had too many things go well for them last year and there is some expected regression while the kids learn on the job and there are some world series hangovers from the pitchers because of too many innings.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Would be great to see ALCS Sox v. Yanks, Bucholtz v. Tanaka, Lester v. CC, 6 hour games watching every pitch!  Be even cooler to watch Yanks finish last in the division though Cool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Would be great to see ALCS Sox v. Yanks, Bucholtz v. Tanaka, Lester v. CC, 6 hour games watching every pitch!  Be even cooler to watch Yanks finish last in the division though Cool

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I am not sure why red sox fans are so quick to dismiss the yankees.  With all their injuries the yankees still managed what 85 wins? The addition of jacoby and the pitcher from japan has to bring them up to 90.  The sox had the perfect year as far as staying healthy.  Hopefully that holds true this upcoming season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

I am not sure why red sox fans are so quick to dismiss the yankees.  With all their injuries the yankees still managed what 85 wins? The addition of jacoby and the pitcher from japan has to bring them up to 90.  The sox had the perfect year as far as staying healthy.  Hopefully that holds true this upcoming season.

Not many here get it, but clearly you do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Granderson, Cano, Reynold and Overbay all will combined hitting over 100 HRS, and batting average around .280, while the new incoming Yankee guys will hit under 50 HRS and batting around .250.  Yankees will regret letting go Cano and Granderson.

Boston will win the division by 5 games over Tampa and 8 games over the yankees.    

Most media dramas will goes to the Yankees (mostly in the middle of the season). Yankees will fire Cashman by the end of the month of July.  

AJ will get the starting all star catching spot over McCann.

Lester will win his first 20 games of his career, and will get a contract extension by the end of the month of July.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I would not say the Sox had a "perfect year" health-wise - not with arguably their best pitcher (Buchholz) missing half the season and two closers (Hanrahan and Bailey) out for the season by June. Plus other issues such as the loss of Miller, concussions to Drew and Ross, nagging injuries all season to Pedroia and Victorino, etc.

The Yanks, on the other hand, had bad health of biblical proportions in 2013. I'm sure they will be better than they were, but how much better is uncertain...I'm not going to underestimate them, but I'm not going to start worrying about them in January either. It's reasonable to assume their health will be better, but it's also impossible to know what they're going to get from Jeter, Tex, and others.

Sections
Shortcuts