Your Best Fenway Experiences

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

Re: Your Best Fenway Experiences

There have been many over the years but tops is sitting on the Monster last July for Sox-NYY game, having a chance to meet Jim Lonborg, Jim Rice and Dewey Evans, seeing the 2004 and 2007 trophies, and watching the Sox win a good game largely thanks to the hitting of Pedro Ciriaco.  Great day.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

In response to KPfromCT's comment:

So apparently there was some buzz today about how Larry Lucchino talked about the Fenway Sellout streak in jeopardy this April. I thought the streak was pretty cool back when the record was broken back in '09 (or was it '08?), but ever since then it's become annoying to hear about.

Anyway, on the subject of the Fens, I just wanted to hear some of your best experiences there. I always enjoy hearing others tell their stories about the Park, given all the history that has ever went down in that Baseball Cathedral.

Try putting baseball catherdral in google and see what pops up.

I will tell you that it certainly isn't fenway.

we'll take our little weird park thank you.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

hahaha.  i love you babe.  don't tell selenipike.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I was at the game in 1975 when Jim Rice hit that home run over the flag pole against the Royals.

I remember a game -- don't remember the specific game -- in I think 1972 but it could have been '71 or '73 when Yaz came up and I remember crossing my fingers to bring him luck to hit a home run and sonofagun, he hit a home run.

But my BEST Fenway experience ---

Any game that I went to as a kid with my Dad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I 'v had so many great experiences it's tough to cite one...

>When I was teen I was sitting in the bleachers during BP. Bill Lee was in the bullpen punting wads of bubble gum into the stands...I remember him saying, fans are so nut's, they'll kill each other over a piece of chewed gum and what you know they did..It was hilarious.

>I was at the game when Reggie and Billy Martin got into it in the Yanks dugout. I think it was in 78?...It was the game where Sox came back from a huge deficit to win late.

>In 1987 I took my wife of now more than 25 years to her first game in Boston, it was vs the White Sox in April...It was colder than a witches teet and she refused to leave until the game was over...The game went into extra innings and the Sox lost 2-1...We froze our azzes off, but what I remember most about that particular game was hearing a young fan sitting behind us shouting in his best coloqial Boston accent  "Paaak it Dewey" and having to explain to her what that meant.

>A few years ago I returned to Fenway after being away for 20 years or so with my son and his Pony Baseball team. Aside from the life memory of sitting in Fenway with my son which will always be a cherished memory, we got to see Bengie Molina's cylce in a rain soaked afair that took almost 5 hours to complete. 4 of those hours was watching Bengie chug around to 3rd....After the game I taught him how to hail a cab.

On another note, while the changes to Fenway have indeed improved the fan experience and the park itself...The gentrafication of the fans and the area surrounding the park did take away some of the charm...I missed the peanut hawkers that used to line the streets outside the park and there was neary a bum in site sitting in the $55 bucks a seat bleachers...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Bleacher seat, hot dog and soda...as cheap as going out to dinner.  Those were the days.

I miss the days when popcorn came in a cone that turned into a megaphone and could be used to catch foul balls (though, sadly, that never happend for me).

Best recollection was in the late 1960s/early 1970s, I bleieve.  Opening day, if I remember right.  Yanks vs. Sox.  Walt "no-neck" Williams cannot catch a wind blown pop-up.  Sox win.  Great day (though cold).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In '64 watching Tony C. hit a home run in his first Fenway at bat. The other  was my son getting a foul ball of the bat of Jim Rice, with him later hitting an extra inning home run to win game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Can't remember the year and I am sure most of you will not recognize the game but it was 1958 I believe, Red Sox against the Washington Senators day-night double header. In the day game The score was 12-5 Senators with 2 outs in the last of the ninth. The Sox proceeded to launch a incredible comeback by scoring 8 runs with Jim Pagliaroni having the big hit by hitting a grand slam.  I was at that game with a couple of my friends. It was a incredible experience and one I will never forget. By the way the Sox went on to win the nightcap 2-1. It was a great day for a young Sox fan.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

Thanks to all for sharing your great memories.  Fenway has always been a special place; best place to experience baseball.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to selenium-'s comment:

In response to PaulLaCourse's comment:

Can't remember the year and I am sure most of you will not recognize the game but it was 1958 I believe, Red Sox against the Washington Senators day-night double header. In the day game The score was 12-5 Senators with 2 outs in the last of the ninth. The Sox proceeded to launch a incredible comeback by scoring 8 runs with Jim Pagliaroni having the big hit by hitting a grand slam.  I was at that game with a couple of my friends. It was a incredible experience and one I will never forget. By the way the Sox went on to win the nightcap 2-1. It was a great day for a young Sox fan.

Wow Paul, I can remember listening to that game on my radio back then and could not believe that nearly impossible comeback.  I ran out of the door after the last out and ran over to a neighborhood hangout where I knew other Red Sox fans would be. I shouted to them " The Red Sox won that game" and they were sure that I was joking. They had given up on the game and I had to replay for the what happened batter-by-batter. I have a scrapbooks from 1956-60 loaded with newspaper clippings of all of those games and player photos. My first time at Fenway was in 1957. How lucky you were to have seen that tremendous comeback.

Yes, it was pretty amazing, and all with two outs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I remember watching that game on TV

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnaddar1. Show johnaddar1's posts

I was not at Fenway but I remember watching on TV.  I was a kid so I was still watching with 2 out in the 9th.  I seem to remember Willie Tasby doing something in the game.  I'll have to find the box score on internet to refresh my memory.  I will always remember that game

Sections
Shortcuts