Your Confidence Level in Manager John on the Eve of ALCS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

Re: Your Confidence Level in Manager John on the Eve of ALCS?

In response to Javi60's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When Francona had Brad Mills by his side he was much better...

[/QUOTE]

Javi, can you explain that? Do you mean we woould be better off with Fran and Mills or 

JF and his staff?

I like Jf and I would be 90 % clubhouse-90% field management. When he went to the bench against Tampa pinchhitting for Drew and Salty and removing Peavy after 5 1/3,  and taking a leap of faith that didn't quite work, pinch running for Ortiz--to me that was his coming out party. He has arrived--we have a guy that has exhibited management leadership.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

red sox did not finish with best record see cardinals

[/QUOTE]

Please feel free to write to Baseball Reference and let them know their standings are wrong.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/MLB/2013-standings.shtml

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

I don't know about confidence but why play Ross today, and not Salty?

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

An unusual lineup against a righty starter--just four lefty hitters.  This might have been the cause of getting just one hit, a single, and it might not have been.  Carp could have played 1B and Salty could have caught.  Or maybe not.  Between them Ells and Victorino struck out six times.  The Tigers pitching was very good.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]

Leland got away with murder, by pitching to Ortiz with Pedroia on 2nd. Lester pitched scared against Miggy and Cabrerra, and that resulted in the only run.

[/QUOTE]

You're serious?  Sanchez had absolutely no problems pitching to Ortiz.  In fact, he didn't even give Ortiz anything good to hit.  Ortiz struck himself out.  Lester gave up 1 run in 6.1 innings, and you're saying he pitched scared? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]

This might have been the cause of getting just one hit, a single, and it might not have been

What a clueless whiner you are. S. Drew embarrassed himself at the plate, along with Ellsbury and Ortiz. Try some other excuse. Carp looked terrible in his plate appearance.

[/QUOTE]

Be nice if you read and quoted the whole paragraph because I did point out the lefties also had problems.  Drew did however play brilliantly on defense and made a crucial over the shoulder catch Iglesias would have had no chance at.  Carp didn't look great, but he did hit it on the ground.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I did not like starting Ross or hitting for Middlebrooks , but you cannot blame Farrell for this loss. Bottom line : The Tigers had a great plan for pitching to the Sox hitters , and their pitchers executed it perfectly. I don't know if we even hit a ball hard all night. Tough to win with one hit and all of those strikeouts. A game to forget. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I did not like starting Ross or hitting for Middlebrooks , but you cannot blame Farrell for this loss. Bottom line : The Tigers had a great plan for pitching to the Sox hitters , and their pitchers executed it perfectly. I don't know if we even hit a ball hard all night. Tough to win with one hit and all of those strikeouts. A game to forget. 

[/QUOTE]

I didn't mind Ross starting. As for Middlebrooks being PH for -- it's a coin flip. I wouldn't have done it, but it didn't bother me that Farrell made the move.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Regular season and right now are 2 VERY different things.  

Farrell is not to blame for the 17 flame outs.  Give Sanchez some credit for that (except for Drew, Napoli and Salty who are chronic K-machines)

I would have had Berry steal 2nd in the 9th with 1 out.  Farrell needs to pull out some cojones; these are ALL elimination games now, as we are now down to 3 losses or go fishing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I didn't mind Ross starting. As for Middlebrooks being PH for -- it's a coin flip. I wouldn't have done it, but it didn't bother me that Farrell made the move.

[/QUOTE]

Ross made a few pitch calling decisions that I am guessing he would like to take back. But...that is not why we lost the game. We lost the game because our offense forgot to show up for the game. The pitching is only going to get better as the post season goes. We have to be able to hit good pitching or we are done.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When Francona had Brad Mills by his side he was much better...

[/QUOTE]

Than what ?  Valentine, with never a consultation with a bench coach, pitching coach,batting coach.

JF--consults with everyone Lovoulo (butchered that), Butter and Nieves along with the batting coaches. I like the fact he will pull a Peavy after 5 1/3 in a 1 run game and pinch hit for Salty, and Drew . I think by comparison , it's close but I like JF.

Sections
Shortcuts