Your expectations for AJ (Lackey) Burnett tonight?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: Your expectations for AJ (Lackey) Burnett tonight?

Remember two of his good starts were against us when we couldn't hit our way out of a wet paper bag.

Given he is on the road, my sense is the Yanks are in trouble here, however Rick Porcello??? Sounds like a slugfest in a pitchers ballpark in store.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

I'm a Yankee fan, its over.  Good season, Yanks won the division when they weren't supposed to but the season ends tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

This stuff is hard to predict.  But just for fun I'll say he gives up 4 runs in 4.1 innings.  I think Girardi will be quick with the hook and will have Hughes ready.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: Your expectations for AJ (Lackey) Burnett tonight?:
    This stuff is hard to predict.  But just for fun I'll say he gives up 4 runs in 4.1 innings.  I think Girardi will be quick with the hook and will have Hughes ready.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Agreed.  He could be dominating or a total flop.  Given the Yankees' depth in the pen and light use so far in this series with the season on the line, the hook could come at the first sign of big trouble.  That could even mean the first inning if necessary. 

If he's shaky, the key for Detroit is to produce before he's lifted.  A three-run dinger or grand slam before they can respond with a pitching change would be nice. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

4 Innings
    7 earned
    Yanks lose 7-6

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Let's summon the spirit of Johnny Damon vs. Kevin Brown for this one. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

From a NY perspective, completely impossible to predict. Short leash for Burnett tonight.May throw five or six strong innings and give way to a rested pen. May implode in the 2nd or 3rd and get blown out. Tigers will be told to lay off pitches in the dirt. I can see 3 ERs over 5 with 4 BBs and 7-8 Ks, but middle of Yanks order needs to hit. Way too cold for a short series. If Yanks can put up 6 or 7 against an up or down Porcello, I like their chances. If not, that means Porcello was at least OK, and series might be over.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I'm going to sort of dodge the question.  If he gets through the first 2 innings okay, 0/1 run, I think he will give them 6 good innings, especially if the Yanks get to Porcello and give AJ a bit of a cushion. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac33. Show pinstripezac33's posts

This stuff is hard to predict.  

U bet nut

even harder with AJ

we can't count on him and you can't count on him failing

the quintessential 500 pitcher

but these are the games I wanted to get him for

he has the stuff to take it to the next level

you & the  Sheriff  are both right about giradi tonight

he will be ready

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I wish I was as knowledgable as SPC on things of this matter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Your expectations for AJ (Lackey) Burnett tonight?:
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Agree that if he is struggling, he will be replaced with someone else.  The Yankees have a very good bullpen.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Your expectations for AJ (Lackey) Burnett tonight?:
    ESPN: The Yankees' hopes of extending this series rest with Burnett (11-11, 5.15 ERA), who was so unreliable this season that he wasn't supposed to start versus the Tigers. A rainstorm changed that when Game 1 was suspended Friday night, eliminating the off day after Game 2 and forcing both teams to alter their pitching plans. "I feel good about what A.J. is going to do for us," manager Joe Girardi said. Girardi's confidence may stem from Burnett winning his last two road starts, as he went 1-0 with a 3.18 ERA while striking out 15 in 11 1/3 innings. The right-hander turned in three solid starts in September, two of them coming against Boston. However, he led the major leagues with 25 wild pitches -- eight more than his previous career high and 10 more than anyone else -- and posted the second-highest ERA of his career. "I had good games, bad games during the season," Burnett said. "You can say the same thing about the postseason, but you can't count me out. "I'm going to bring everything I've got. And just let A.J. loose out there." Burnett has struggled in his last two postseason starts. He gave up five runs in six innings of a 10-3 loss to Texas in the 2010 ALCS and lasted two innings in Game 5 of the '09 World Series, allowing six runs in an 8-6 defeat. "I've been proving people wrong my whole career," Burnett said. "People are entitled to their opinion. Obviously, I give them reasons here and there to doubt. The bottom line is I have confidence in myself. I'm not going to go out and try to prove anything. I'm going to go out and try to win a ballgame." He's 2-2 with a 7.17 ERA in four starts at Detroit.
    Posted by 2004Idiots

The best pitching was with the Rays, Rangers,Tigers and Phils so the Yanks losing shouldn't surprise us.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Yeah, he's been proving people wrong his whole career -- ie, people like the Yankees who kept thinking he was a stud...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I say he'll pitch a moderately decent game, but still lose.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Looks like Hurricane A.J. isn't gonna make it past 3 innings. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Don't much care about the final score as long as Yanks lose and this board can forget them until next year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

I was wrong.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Sorry gang - AJ s*cked it up and the Yanks singled to death the Tigers bullpen. Now how about some love for Granderson and his defense today.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4416182. Show user_4416182's posts

Well I was wrong and I don't mind being wrong in this instance as AJ got the job done.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from majormathew. Show majormathew's posts

AJ is no Lackey. lol

Sections
Shortcuts