Your Favorite Manager DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Your Favorite Manager DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

LameShack, BV should get some approval based on his last 5 asinine comments that blew up in his face.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Your Favorite Manager DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]LameShack, BV should get some approval based on his last 5 asinine comments that blew up in his face.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

danny, that's mikey/bronx, mocking pike.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

i know who it is j, thank you...believe it or not I've been around the block one or two times. Not new to the neighborhood and he's systematically gone after almost every thread I've ever written here and most of my posts going back to PSF.com and prior.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

i was speaking about pike. I could care less about other fakers or monikers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]i know who it is j, thank you...believe it or not I've been around the block one or two times. Not new to the neighborhood and he's systematically gone after almost every thread I've ever written here and most of my posts going back to PSF.com and prior.

just wanted to make sure, danny. I mentioned it because you said that about pike, recently.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your Favorite Manager DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! : just wanted to make sure, danny. I mentioned it because you said that about pike, recently.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

thanks, J

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]So Valentine, before going to a postgame news conference, should first consult with every player that is nursing an injury and get their permission on whether to answer questions fully and honestly. Does every other manager on the other 29 teams use this as standard operating procedure? Sorry, I doubt if that is the reality. Once again Cafardo is pandering to his gullible readers / lowest common denominator and hoping that they will bite once more. Cafardo is worst than Felger and Mazz. Shame on the media for flooding us with 100% unadulterated horse-sh-it. Why in the world would Crawford be surprised that a manager answers questions as to why a player comes out of the game?
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

Here's why. If he just says "We took him out because it's a blowout and we wanted him to rest," that covers it. When you say specifically we took him out for an injury that only the Sox medical staff and the manager are privy to--i.e. a wrist--then you are establishing a number of things--1. that CC is injury-prone
    2. that CC could be shelved at anytime 3. that CC is not healthy. CC is on a hot streak, he's swinging the bat better than at any time in his Sox career. Now, he's open book for not only questions about his performance to match contract, but his elbow, his hamstring and now his wrist...It's not good for the player's morale, and not a time to be volunteering such info. You think it's innocuous as do other fans, I see it as another example of BV opening his fat mouth and upsetting a player, who has been bruised enough by fans and media alike.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Your Favorite Manager DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]It is absolutely unbelievable that the Vote of Confidence guy with the under .500 record can again find a way to cite a negative or incite a player with a dumb quote or ill-advised mention to the media. Does BV get that you don't have to tell the Boston Globe everything?? Nope. Full disclosure Bobby, that's Bobby. Oh and here's the best 2 parts--he does this AFTER a 14-1 win, DURING AN UPSWING. DURING A GOOD MORALE PERFORMANCE. and here's the second best part--it's Carl Crawford who is the one this time who gets blind-sided on a hot streak. I give up on BV. Fire the SOB, fire him yesterday, fire him 2 months ago, fire him 3 months ago. Enough about the great tactical veteran manager and get someone who actually discusses the do's and the don'ts of medical information and its disclosure to the media. He's a moron. 

IMO the reason Bobby V. was hired is because there was a shortage of viable canidates. The same may be true next year. The boldest move would be to bring in some youth to the managers job. A bench coach, or rising star from AAA. I don't see the Sox doing this, they will probably go with an experience guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

From Jeff Passan's article today: 

Boston Red Sox players blasted manager Bobby Valentine to owners John Henry and Larry Lucchino during a heated meeting called after a text message was sent by a group of frustrated players to the team and ownership in late July, three sources familiar with the meeting told Yahoo! Sports.

The owners called the meeting for Boston's off-day in New York on July 27 after first baseman Adrian Gonzalez, texting on behalf of himself and some teammates, aired their dissatisfaction with Valentine for embarrassing starting pitcher Jon Lester by leaving him in to allow 11 runs during a July 22 start. It was the latest incident in a season's worth of bad relations bubbling between Red Sox players and Valentine.

Gonzalez and Dustin Pedroia were among the most vocal in the meeting, in which some players stated flatly they no longer wanted to play for Valentine, the sources said. The tenor of the 2 p.m. meeting at The Palace hotel in New York turned ugly almost immediately, according to the sources, whom Yahoo! Sports granted anonymity because they were not authorized to speak about internal matters.

......But no, BV isn't to blame for bad morale, I mean he's created nothing but a super atmosphere for the team to win and continue winning. Like irking CC after a 3 doubles game, or criticizing Youks during a 3-game win streak.

Sections
Shortcuts