YOUR OPINION ON 2012 STARTING ROTATION

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

YOUR OPINION ON 2012 STARTING ROTATION

EXTENDING CC BEFORE HE EVEN OPTS OUT, YANKEES ARE SERIOUS ABOUT UPGRADING THEIR STARTING ROTATION.  I HEAR RUMORS ON KING FELIX, TIM LINCECUM, MATT CAIN, GIO GONZALEZ ETC.  YANKEES HAVE TOP PROSPECTS , BOTH MAJOR LEAGUE READY AND SOON TO BE READY ONE, AND THEY ARE IN GOOD POSITION TO ACQUIRE LEAGUE'S TOP PITCHER BECAUSE OF THEIR PROSPEROUS FARM. 

I KNOW BIG BEN AND THE SOX ORGANIZATION ARE KEEP TELLING US OUR PRIORITY IS ALSO UPGRADING OUR PITCHING STAFF.  BUT I DON'T HEAR EVEN A RUMOR ABOUT WHO WE ARE PURSUING OR TRYING TO NEGOTIATE. 
    DO YOU FOLKS THINK SOX ARE JUST BETTER OFF WITH SIGNING OR TRADING FOR NUMBER 3 OR 4 STARTER? 

YOUR THOUGHTS?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDShorty. Show JDShorty's posts

Re: YOUR OPINION ON 2012 STARTING ROTATION

Yes i do actually. The rotation that we are potentially bringing to SP without additions could be one of the best in baseball.

Lester
    Beckett
    Bucholz

Signing a couple #3-#4 starters to fill in the 4 and 5 spots in our rotation will be suffient with 2, potentially 3 aces on most other staffs. The bullpen and rf need to be sured up first.... then if a big name comes up in trade... check it out. Otherwise signing #3's is ok by me

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

1. Lester
    2. Beckett
    3. Buccholz
    4. Aceves
    5. ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS TRADE PROPOSAL FROM THE SOX SIDE...

JOSE IGLESIAS, JOSH REDDICK, FELIX DOUBRONT, AND EITHER OF MIKE AVILES OR JED LOWRIE (WHO COULD BE CONVERTED INTO OFDERS) FOR MATT CAIN AND SERGIO ROMO

WILL GIANTS ACCEPT THIS OFFER? OR SIMILAR ONES?

MATT CAIN CAN BE OUR STRONG #3 STARTER BEHIND BECKETT AND SERGIO ROMO CAN BE VERY VALUABLE IN OUR BULLPEN.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: YOUR OPINION ON 2012 STARTING ROTATION:
    [QUOTE]WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS TRADE PROPOSAL FROM THE SOX SIDE... JOSE IGLESIAS, JOSH REDDICK, FELIX DOUBRONT, AND EITHER OF MIKE AVILES OR JED LOWRIE (WHO COULD BE CONVERTED INTO OFDERS) FOR MATT CAIN AND SERGIO ROMO WILL GIANTS ACCEPT THIS OFFER? OR SIMILAR ONES? MATT CAIN CAN BE OUR STRONG #3 STARTER BEHIND BECKETT AND SERGIO ROMO CAN BE VERY VALUABLE IN OUR BULLPEN.
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

I like the thought of having matt cain in our rotation, but I am fairly the certain the giants would never let Cain go (pretty much an ace, underrated because of his rotation mates) for one good defensive prospect (still a big ? at the plate), 3 young guys who project to be decent-but-meh players, and Mike Aviles.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

[QUOTE]WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS TRADE PROPOSAL FROM THE SOX SIDE... JOSE IGLESIAS, JOSH REDDICK, FELIX DOUBRONT, AND EITHER OF MIKE AVILES OR JED LOWRIE (WHO COULD BE CONVERTED INTO OFDERS) FOR MATT CAIN AND SERGIO ROMO WILL GIANTS ACCEPT THIS OFFER? OR SIMILAR ONES? MATT CAIN CAN BE OUR STRONG #3 STARTER BEHIND BECKETT AND SERGIO ROMO CAN BE VERY VALUABLE IN OUR BULLPEN.
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]only if you put a 45 caliber to their heads and threaen to pull the trigger.Three or 4 yo-yo's don't equal 1 stud,never have and never will.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YOUR OPINION ON 2012 STARTING ROTATION :  WILL GIANTS ACCEPT THIS OFFER? no why would SF want to trade cain
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

IF THEY SOMEHOW ARE ABLE TO EXTEND LINCECUM THIS WINTER, WHO IS THEIR ACE, GIANTS MIGHT BE WILLING TO LISTEN TO OFFERS ON MATT CAIN. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

If we keep him, It is Beckett, Lester, Buchholz and then time to make moves. I woudl like to see them make a run at Buerhle and then I would be ok if they brought Bedard back at low money for the 5 slot. I would much rather prefer him than Wake and I would like to keep Aceves in the Bullpen role, he was so great at last year. Obviously Bedard cant be counted on to be healthy the whole year, but  we could have Dice K ready at the All Star break at like it or not, if he is ready he is going to be on the team. I would also add some low risk high reward guys to park at Pawtucket, like a Webb, as possible Callups since we do not have alot of ML ready guys yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The big mistake was signing Beckett to an extension.

This guy keeps living on his heroics from 2007. It is going to be 2012, While his 17-6 WL from 2009 was good for a #2 or #3 this guy is supposed to be an ace. His combined Red Sox WL minus 2007 is 64-40 hardly good enough for an "ace" subtract the "okay" 17-6 season and he is 47 - 34 in 4 of his 6 seasons...which averages out to 14.25W vs. 8.5L for those 4 seasons.

He would be a good #3 on a team with playoff hopes except he is supposed to be a #1 and he was brought in to be a stopper not a middle of rotation guy.

So here we are discussing #4 or #5 starters ,but, this team sorely needs an bona-fide #1, and right now we don't have one. Time to stop blaming fried chicken and beer, conditioning coaches, managers, GM's and point the finger squarely where it belongs at our so-called ace who needs to lose a few pounds and work a little harder at being an ace or retire.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YOUR OPINION ON 2012 STARTING ROTATION :  WILL GIANTS ACCEPT THIS OFFER? no why would SF want to trade cain
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

Why not? NYY traded you to our forum didn't they? Stranger things have happened.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]1. Lester 2. Beckett 3. Buccholz 4. Aceves 5. ?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Agree with you Spaceman...the 5th starter will probably be a surprise to all of us when the Sox actually do the deal. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Bay-Fan. Show J-Bay-Fan's posts

DONT TRADE IGLESIAS!

ARE YOU STUPID GUYS WHO THINKS THE RED SOX WILL TRADE IGLESIAS? (OR MIDDLEBROOKS)

...  ILL GIVE YOUKILIS, RENAUDO, REDDICK AND LOWRIE FOR MATT CAIN .. IF YOU WANT LINCECUM ..  YOUKILIS + ALL THE FARM SISTEM (MINUS IGLESIAS AND MIDDLEBROOKS)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]The big mistake was signing Beckett to an extension. This guy keeps living on his heroics from 2007. It is going to be 2012, While his 17-6 WL from 2009 was good for a #2 or #3 this guy is supposed to be an ace. His combined Red Sox WL minus 2007 is 64-40 hardly good enough for an "ace" subtract the "okay" 17-6 season and he is 47 - 34 in 4 of his 6 seasons...which averages out to 14.25W vs. 8.5L for those 4 seasons. He would be a good #3 on a team with playoff hopes except he is supposed to be a #1 and he was brought in to be a stopper not a middle of rotation guy. So here we are discussing #4 or #5 starters ,but, this team sorely needs an bona-fide #1, and right now we don't have one. Time to stop blaming fried chicken and beer, conditioning coaches, managers, GM's and point the finger squarely where it belongs at our so-called ace who needs to lose a few pounds and work a little harder at being an ace or retire.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]
    That sums it up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]1. Lester 2. Beckett 3. Buccholz 4. Aceves 5. ?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Sorry disagree with you Spaceman...the Sox open new problems moving Aceves to the rotation...that being the 2nd setup and long reliever out of the bullpen...not having Aceves in the 'pen the Sox would have lost more than twenty games in Septembe and a bunch prior to that too.

Lester, Beckett, Buccholz, Bedard and ?

I've recently heard that Gio Gonzalez might be available and adding him to the rotation and Mike Gonzalez to the bullpen might fill many of the Sox pitching needs.

Forget getting Matt Cain from the Giants unless you were giving back Renaudo and others or Buccholz...trading Buchholz for Cain is no improvement to the rotation.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YOUR OPINION ON 2012 STARTING ROTATION : Sorry disagree with you Spaceman...the Sox open new problems moving Aceves to the rotation...that being the 2nd setup and long reliever out of the bullpen...not having Aceves in the 'pen the Sox would have lost more than twenty games in Septembe and a bunch prior to that too. Lester, Beckett, Buccholz, Bedard and ? I've recently heard that Gio Gonzalez might be available and adding him to the rotation and Mike Gonzalez to the bullpen might fill many of the Sox pitching needs. Forget getting Matt Cain from the Giants unless you were giving back Renaudo and others or Buccholz...trading Buchholz for Cain is no improvement to the rotation.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

I hear you Soxdog.  I certainly like Aceves in his current role and don't know exactly where they could turn to fill his unique shoes.  In my armchair projection though, I just think he's earned the shot.  And, bullpen is easier to fix from without than the rotation, especially this off-season.  That being said, if they can re-sign Bedard on the relative cheap, I am cool with Aceves staying put.  then they only need one other decent starter.  Love the idea of Gio.  We'll see.  Certianly agree there is no way Matt Cain is coming, especially since they just shipped Sanchez to KC.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

1.Beckett
    2.Lester
    3.Buchholz
    4. Bard
    5. Tazawa, Aceves, Dubront or someone else.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I'd hope the brass has already flown to Texas to talk shop with Josh, though I would like to believe we still live in a land where the bad employee gets called into the office (Boston).

Either he will convince them he is ready to make amends or he will not.

NONE of us here can claim we want him to stay or leave until we know his mental state as of present. Why he has not come forward is beyond me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

1. Lester
    2. Beckett
    3. Bucholtz for maybe 15 starts, then ?
    4. ?
    5. ?

Bucholtz will not be able to pitch 200 innings and 30 starts, ergo his number three spot in the rotation is open as well for at least half the season in my opinion. So to me, we need to fill three spots, not just two. Aceves, Bard to start? I don't think the front office likes either of those moves and if Paps goes, Bard will close which may be very, very scary given his performance last year from Aug 1 on. Bedard? Way too injury prone, again, maybe, maybe 15 starts. All this means to me is that without question starting pitching is our number one priority and is critical. If we do not get 3 or 4 really good 3-5 position starters it is going to be back to the old days of winning via slug fests only.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

@ BurritoT  Let's hope the Sox Brass  or at least Ben or Larry have been in touch with Josh.. 

With the dithering with the Cubs. 
    The managing  candidates  being interviewed  2 per week  --
    No Maddux     wow  open day for golf  maybe  before next   winter blast?

One has to wonder what the front office is doing? It's now  6 weeks since the end of the season and we have promoted internally our new GM and will take  2-3 more weeks  to name our new   "line up maker outer".

Maybe Terry was on to something  when he had enough ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Maybe Terry was on to something  when he had enough ?

jackyldo, without question he was.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolgolds. Show carolgolds's posts

[QUOTE]I'd hope the brass has already flown to Texas to talk shop with Josh, though I would like to believe we still live in a land where the bad employee gets called into the office (Boston). Either he will convince them he is ready to make amends or he will not. NONE of us here can claim we want him to stay or leave until we know his mental state as of present. Why he has not come forward is beyond me.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Maybe Beckett hasn't come forward - and why should he - because no matter what he says you guys will criticize him from now until kingdom come.  No matter what he says - you will not be happy.  And, he should make amends for ?????   He already said that mistakes were made, but to refer to him as a "bad employee" is ludicrous.  The coaches have all said that Beckett gives it all - so I guess he wasn't the contaminant in the clubhouse.  Since Beckett has the final decision on any trade, maybe he should choose to leave the Red Sox - a team he loves - and the charitable foundations which he established in Boston - just to make you bozos happy and then you can complain about something else.   As a matter of fact, who among you have ever played in the majors - it's easy to sit on the bench or in front of the TV and be a whiner.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Beckett, Lester, Bucholtz, Harang, Edwin Jackson and 6th will be either Wieland/Droubmont!

Sections
Shortcuts