Your prediction: Who will be a member of the Red Sox starting rotation @ 4:00 tomorrow?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Your prediction: Who will be a member of the Red Sox starting rotation @ 4:00 tomorrow?

a. Rich Harden
    b. Erik Bedard
    c. Hiroki Kuroda
    d.  Ubaldo Jimenez
    e. Someone else
    f. Theo doesn't pull off a trade

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: Your prediction: Who will be a member of the Red Sox starting rotation @ 4:00 tomorrow?

death, taxes, and wakefield 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

Re: Your prediction: Who will be a member of the Red Sox starting rotation @ 4:00 tomorrow?

In Response to Your prediction: Who will be a member of the Red Sox starting rotation @ 4:00 tomorrow?:
    [QUOTE]a. Rich Harden b. Erik Bedard c. Hiroki Kuroda d.  Ubaldo Jimenez e. Someone else f. Theo doesn't pull off a trade
    Posted by -EdithBunker-[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

Roy Halladay and CC Sabathia !! [not]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I have a feeling that Rich Harden will be coming to Boston. 

Although my preference would be Kudora. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I'd like to see the Sox make a move for Kerry Wood with a 3.34 ERA in 34 appearances and move Aceves into the rotation. Save the picks and know what you've got.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I'll go out on a limb here... Harden and Bedard are too injury prone therefore:

Jeremy Guthrie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Kevin Millwood.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Pedro

Tongue out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Theo won't make a move for a Starter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

For the rest of this year, Hiroki Kuroda would probably be the best choice. He's pitching better than any of the other guys under consideration and coming over from the National League he'd have some initial success here as AL batters familiarize themselves with his delivery and repetoire. Japanese pitchers, in particular, tend to have more success their first time through opponents.

My second choice would be Erik Bedard. I don't care about his bad start yesterday. It was his first time pitching after a long layoff. He had a 94mph fastball. He simply couldn't locate his pitches. That can happen to anyone returning from the DL. Bedard is a proven commodity in the AL East who can shut down opposing lineups.

My third choice would be Wandy Rodriguez. He's got a low WHIP, he has a reasonable contract, and he's somewhat under radar now because everyone seems to be focusing on Kuroda, Bedard and the vastly overrated Jimenez.

My fourth choice would be Derek Lowe. I don't think he'll cost much, he's a solid No. 3 starter workhorse, who knows how to pitch in big games. He can pitch on short rest. He can start or relieve. I trust him more than Andrew Miller or Tim Wakefield in a playoff scenario.

My fifth choice would be Kevin Millwood. He's got the pedigree. He's getting results at Pawtucket. He's earned the opportunity to make at least one start with the big club. Whether the Red Sox turn to him or not, I hope they at least make him ring-eligible by adding him for the September roster expansion. For a veteran who had some success at the major league level, he's been very patient with this organization.

My sixth choice would be Alex Wilson. He's an All-Star at AA. Jumping up two levels might be tough, but he's got better stuff than Kyle Weiland and you never know when someone might blossom with a promotion. I think Alex Wilson has serious Kason Gabbard potential, meaning someone you think of as an afterthought who pitches very effectively at the major league level in spurts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

if we don't get ubaldo...

we get harden and willingham.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: Your prediction: Who will be a member of the Red Sox starting rotation @ 4:00 tomorrow?:
    [QUOTE]Death, Death Taxes, After Death Taxes, and Shovel Ready Jobs and Wastefield.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

I have come to the conclusion that billbyboy is the biggest "waste" in the "field" of posters on this forum.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jb12bb. Show jb12bb's posts

Lester, Beckett, Lackey, Miller and Wake

Does Bedard make this team better, the answer is no!  Miller should be sent down if anything should happen.  He is eratic and getting hit hard during most of his starts.  Wake is a veteran and can stabilize the back end of the rotation.  If Kuroda is not coming over then please stay away from Bedards and Jimenez.  Id like to see them get a bullpen arm and a righty with some pop to platoon with Reddick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Your prediction: Who will be a member of the Red Sox starting rotation @ 4:00 tomorrow?:
    [QUOTE]a. Rich Harden b. Erik Bedard c. Hiroki Kuroda d.  Ubaldo Jimenez e. Someone else f. Theo doesn't pull off a trade

A meaningless post.  Unless you work for the front office or are related to someone who does, what's the point to this crap?   We will find out when it's over.   What say you?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

[QUOTE]a. Rich Harden
    b. Erik Bedard
    c. Hiroki Kuroda; this is who I'd like but I wouldn't be surprised if Theo doesn't pull the trigger on a worthwhile starter
    d.  Ubaldo Jimenez
    e. Someone else
     f. Theo doesn't pull off a trade

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Re: Your prediction: Who will be a member of the Red Sox starting rotation @ 4:00 tomorrow?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your prediction: Who will be a member of the Red Sox starting rotation @ 4:00 tomorrow? : Billy,  If I'm a waste of server space then what are you. Atleast between throwing insults at dumb AZZEZ like you I post opinions on sports issues, right or wrong. All you ever do is post insults on Tim Wakefield and any other ballplayer you don't like by name calling. You never post any opinion worth reading.  You're a waste of human flesh !! Actually with no brain cells you couldn't be human. You're probably a single celled organism or just plain slime.
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

Try to pull your head out of your AZZ and join the real world.  What might, could and should be bores the crap out of me.  Just the facts mam, just the facts.  No more BS about what the Sox may do unless you work for them. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Jimenez and Bedard

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]For the rest of this year, Hiroki Kuroda would probably be the best choice. He's pitching better than any of the other guys under consideration and coming over from the National League he'd have some initial success here as AL batters familiarize themselves with his delivery and repetoire. Japanese pitchers, in particular, tend to have more success their first time through opponents. My second choice would be Erik Bedard. I don't care about his bad start yesterday. It was his first time pitching after a long layoff. He had a 94mph fastball. He simply couldn't locate his pitches. That can happen to anyone returning from the DL. Bedard is a proven commodity in the AL East who can shut down opposing lineups. My third choice would be Wandy Rodriguez. He's got a low WHIP, he has a reasonable contract, and he's somewhat under radar now because everyone seems to be focusing on Kuroda, Bedard and the vastly overrated Jimenez. My fourth choice would be Derek Lowe. I don't think he'll cost much, he's a solid No. 3 starter workhorse, who knows how to pitch in big games. He can pitch on short rest. He can start or relieve. I trust him more than Andrew Miller or Tim Wakefield in a playoff scenario. My fifth choice would be Kevin Millwood. He's got the pedigree. He's getting results at Pawtucket. He's earned the opportunity to make at least one start with the big club. Whether the Red Sox turn to him or not, I hope they at least make him ring-eligible by adding him for the September roster expansion. For a veteran who had some success at the major league level, he's been very patient with this organization. My sixth choice would be Alex Wilson. He's an All-Star at AA. Jumping up two levels might be tough, but he's got better stuff than Kyle Weiland and you never know when someone might blossom with a promotion. I think Alex Wilson has serious Kason Gabbard potential, meaning someone you think of as an afterthought who pitches very effectively at the major league level in spurts.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

Well-thought post.
    I like UR take on Bedard.
    I'd go with him  - the hope being they can hang on to Reddick and trade what Seattle needs in their farm: a catching prospect, douby/Weiland, lower prospect.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Nobody has even mentioned Johnny Pesky

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your prediction: Who will be a member of the Red Sox starting rotation @ 4:00 tomorrow? : Well-thought post. I like UR take on Bedard. I'd go with him  - the hope being they can hang on to Reddick and trade what Seattle needs in their farm: a catching prospect, douby/Weiland, lower prospect.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I agree, that was an excellent post. A little optimistic about Wilson, but what the heck; it was a nice analogy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from practial. Show practial's posts

3 way trade. Seatle gets Jimenez, Lavarnway, Kalish and Anderson      Colorado gets Weiland and Middlebrooks       Boston gets Herandez            

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Greg Harris.

Sections
Shortcuts