Your projection: Will Sox make ANY deadline trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Your projection: Will Sox make ANY deadline trade?

I think we're all glad that it doesn't look like we'll be giving away prospects for rentals.

We're basically down to the last 48 hours, but in following the trade tweets, I see almost no mention of Sox activity / interest.

Your projection: Will there be a 4:01pm surprise announcement, anything before, clearing August waivers, or nothing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan28. Show redsoxfan28's posts

Re: Your projection: Will Sox make ANY deadline trade?

The Red Sox could get Justin Masterson as they have scouted him this weekend, per DKnobler twitter

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

The Indians have told teams that are open to trading Justin Masterson, according to CBS Sports.

The Red Sox and Rangers scouted Masterson on Saturday, though it wasn't the best day to watch him. Masterson was absolutely pounded against the Twins, surrendering 10 runs (eight earned) on seven hits over 5 2/3 innings. If he isn't dealt, Masterson will head into Friday's start against the Tigers in Detroit with a 7-9 record and 4.47 ERA.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i think they will make a deal....or two? just have to wait and see...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I think they'll sell Shoppach, Cook and Sweeney for lower-level prospects, and call up Lavarnway and leave Nava on the roster when Papi comes off the DL.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In Response to Re: Your projection: Will Sox make ANY deadline trade?:
    Not many teams inquiring about anyone on the Sox.
    Posted by bobbysu

say's who?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

If they don't Ben should go back to Amherst College.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Check out MLBtraderumors, nothing much about Sox.
    Posted by bobbysu

thay does not mean anything....you don't know what is happening behined closed doors...they don't know everything going on...don't be silly.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

We'll see. Now move on.
    Posted by bobbysu

lol...you changed what you said...i think it is time to move on....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I think they'll sell Shoppach, Cook and Sweeney for lower-level prospects, and call up Lavarnway and leave Nava on the roster when Papi comes off the DL.  
    Posted by slomag

This is probably the most likely if anyone does get traded ( I believe at least something will go down ). I'd throw a reliever like Padilla or Albers in that mix also. I sure hope the sell, rather than buy.

A week ago I would have thought acquiring a starter makes perfect sense but I'm not sure it does any more. If we had a better record Gienke would have been worth a shot but even Grienke wouldn't put us over a 30% chance of making the playoffs.

Sell, Sell, Sell...for prospects mainly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

Outfielders: Nava, Sweeney, Podsednik, Kalish, Ross (if we do not extend him)
    (ofcourse there is an outside chance of Ellsbury of Crawford being traded, but I do not expect anything)
    Infielders: Aviles, Gomez
    Catchers: Saltalamacchia, Shoppach, Lavarnway
    (deciding on who they believe will be their catcher of the future, any of them could be traded)
    Bullpen: If we have truly decided to sell, many of our bullpen pitchers could be on the market, and with how weak the market for bullpen pitchers is, we could get prospects out of a couple of our relievers.
    Rotation: Cook, Beckett, Lester
    I find it unlikely that any starters are traded (maybe Cook), but Beckett could be traded to drop salary and, with how weak the starters market is quickly becoming, Lester could bring back something good)

While obviously, not all these players will be traded, I think a couple could potentially be traded, and if Cherington still thinks the Sox can contend you can bet he will try to improve the team in some way.

I feel there are too many players that could potentially bring something back for no deals to be made.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Your projection: Will Sox make ANY deadline trade?:
    I think we're all glad that it doesn't look like we'll be giving away prospects for rentals. We're basically down to the last 48 hours, but in following the trade tweets, I see almost no mention of Sox activity / interest. Your projection: Will there be a 4:01pm surprise announcement, anything before, clearing August waivers, or nothing?
    Posted by lasitter

I think dumping a big salary would be just as good at this point.  I know the season isn't over but with Dice and Jenks already coming off the books, one more guy and possibly Papi if he walks gives us a nice junk of cash to work with.

Nolan Ryan is a former pitcher, has money and may feel a change of zip code for Josh could finally get that WS ring.   I think Josh "like Youk" just wants out and the way hes pitching so do I.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ben has been very quiet. I would think he is working on something. Your guess is as good as mine. Hope it is not like last year , where we gave up prospects for Bedard , who was a non-factor.  It does seem that the Sox would like to re-aquire Masterson. Should be fun to watch tomorrow.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Your projection: Will Sox make ANY deadline trade? : This is probably the most likely if anyone does get traded ( I believe at least something will go down ). I'd throw a reliever like Padilla or Albers in that mix also. I sure hope the sell, rather than buy. A week ago I would have thought acquiring a starter makes perfect sense but I'm not sure it does any more. If we had a better record Gienke would have been worth a shot but even Grienke wouldn't put us over a 30% chance of making the playoffs. Sell, Sell, Sell...for prospects mainly.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom

+1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We field many offers, but in the end, we trade Sweeney and Albers, and then trade a couple mid-level prospects for a 4th starter type.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

I hope not on masterson, I didn't like him when was here before

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Dumping Beckett, no matter what the cost, is the only move that will have a positive effect on the team. 

Cut out the cancer while the patient still has a chance to live (this season).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Yes, they will resign Tim Wastefield and trade him a case of beer, a vat of potato salad and a coupon for a hair transplant.
    Posted by TrotterNixon

Hmmm!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Could be in for a surprise, who knows?  Probably Shop to Texas anyway, may bite on Masterson, wasn't he really good last year?  What happened?  Now he has Beckett type numbers . . .

Sections
Shortcuts