Your reaction to Bobby Valentine's press conference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Re: Your reaction to Bobby Valentine's press conference

In Response to Re: Your reaction to Bobby Valentine's press conference:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your reaction to Bobby Valentine's press conference : [QUOTE]I loved it. and the icing on the cake was when he put on the cap at the very end. I'll repeat was said about him. the right guy in the right place at the right time. He absolutely made an impact. Even the beautiful miss Heidi Watney stayed around before she headed back to Cal. great shot of her and John Dennis on the producers blog at WEEI.com she will really be missed by this red sox fan. Posted by Hammah29r2[/ QUOTE ] as expected Bobby was great last night and obviously very excited about the great opportunity  Even the beautiful miss Heidi Watney stayed around before she headed back to Cal. I guess if we don't hear any sleazy stories about her once she leaves the sox then we will know it was theo all this time
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

But I didn't know until this day that it was Epstein all along

Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

I thought it was a thoughtful and mature first "official" look at Valentine.  He came off as aware of his reputation, his luck at getting the job, and also the Jesus Christ Like importance of the sports team he is inheriting. 

Overall, I think it was a pleasant introduction and gave a generally favorable impression to most folks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

it's going to be interesting to see how Valentine handles Dice-K, with awhile back having accused the Sox of making him too "Americanized" pitching-wise

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]it's going to be interesting to see how Valentine handles Dice-K, with awhile back having accused the Sox of making him too "Americanized" pitching-wise
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE] and there's also this...ESPN baseball analyst and former major league manager Bobby Valentine, for one, thinks it’s time the Sox call it quits on Dice-K.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see him in a Red Sox uniform again ...,” Valentine said in the video above. “It’s just time to shake and bake and maybe break from the past and I think they’re going to do that.”

in fairness he probably wasn't envisioning MLB managing again back then.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

[QUOTE]Agreed. Thought he seemed genuine. In think there's a real good chance that this city could really fall in love with this guy if he has some success. If the team struggles, well, then we will see. But I don't think they will, and it would be really nice to see them come out hot like 07.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    He needs some help from the front office--a quality starter & a quality catcher.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Yes, Joyce, and Varitek and Wastefield are not quality catchers and pitchers.