Your reaction to Gerry Callahan's column this morning:Erik Bedard is ‘recipe for disaster’

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Your reaction to Gerry Callahan's column this morning:Erik Bedard is ‘recipe for disaster’

Let's just hope for the best with Bedard. Gave up some pretty good young talent to get him. When you look at the ERAs of Lackey , Wake and Miller , it is obvious that we needed another good starter. Sox seem reluctant to move Aceves into the rotation or give Weiland or Doubront another shot, so Bedard is who we will have to count on.  If he pitches well, his attitude toward the media will not be an issue.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Re: Your reaction to Gerry Callahan's column this morning:Erik Bedard is ‘recipe for disaster’

Hopefully Bedard's knee is not a concern.     If it is, the media will be all over him and say he morphed into another Eric Gagne.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In Response to Re: Your reaction to Gerry Callahan's column this morning:Erik Bedard is ‘recipe for disaster’:
    [QUOTE]You get traded to a new team in a new town and this is the first thing you read about yourself in the paper, why wouldn't you dislike the media? Callahan, Shaughnessy, Felger, Mazz are all a bunch on negative Nellies, just trying to stir the pot and create controversy, whether warranted or not. They are the reason some players prefer to avoid big markets; not the fans or the team itself.
    Posted by jidgef[/QUOTE]

My thinking exactly!  Writers need to write, so papers can justify having them on their staffs.  It would've been uncharacteristic if the article was about the struggles, but how Bedard could be helpful and will be welcomed.  Gotta go for the negative, because people quickly respond to that.

Would a writer lose his or her job if they were rosey instead?  It would be interesting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

I disdain the press.  Where's my article?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: Your reaction to Gerry Callahan's column this morning:Erik Bedard is ‘recipe for disaster’:
    [QUOTE]                         In the SHOW, it's all about performance not personality.If he pitches well....thats a good thing. If he tells Heidi to F---Off while she's trying to do a post game interview.....thats not a good thing. If he turns out to be a bag of lit firecrackers , his stay here will be of a short duration.
    Posted by eggplants[/QUOTE]

do you honestly think that if Heidi Watney asked our new lefty for an interview he would tell her to F off? come on eggplants! sheeesh!

and as for my reaction to the foreheads column? I don't now or ever have read the herald. they publish too many angry/negitive sports columns.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

The only thing I got from the posted 'article' is that the writer loves to wax simile and hyperbole.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinjin5000. Show sinjin5000's posts

I would tell the Boston press to go f---- themselves. you know what they say, those who can't play, write.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

First of all, good for Bedard for disliking and mistrusting the media.  They've been on this guy for years.  They used Huff as a mouthpiece to hammer home their point.  Classy.

Secondly, playing for a playoff bound team is a lot different than playing for, well, the Mariners.  No offense, Seattle fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Too many of the talking heads think they're more important than the players themselves.I find it refreshing Bedard dislikes the media.Good for him!!
      He's a member of the Red Sox now,so I'll be rooting for him as long as he's here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

BUT!!!   CAN HE STILL PITCH???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Too many of the talking heads think they're more important than the players themselves.I find it refreshing Bedard dislikes the media.Good for him!!   He's a member of the Red Sox now,so I'll be rooting for him as long as he's here.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]
    I'm reminded of this Dan Shaughnessy column before John Lackey ignited the Angels' sweep of the Red Sox in the 2009 American League Divisional Series:

http://articles.boston.com/2009-10-04/sports/29267315_1_fenway-park-red-sox-john-lackey

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Callahan is a crank and a loser. I'd say more but that's all there is to it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

It is near unanimous that everyone including the opening post doesn't find Callahan to be credible but yet the thread? Why not a thread about Mike Francesa who is ten times better than Callahan?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

From Bedard's track record, one could easily come to these conclusions or implications.....  Does it concern me?  YEP!  Too many consistent stories!!!

BUT!!!  If this guy comes out start 1, & pitches a decent / good game?????  Red Sox Fans will LOVE & EMBRACE the guy like nobody's business!!!  The absolute truth about Boston???  If you do your job WELL / GREAT, Boston fans will fall in love very quickly!!!  Keep doing your job well & get us wins, WE COULD CARE LESS WHAT YOU THINK OF THE MEDIA OR WHAT WENT ON IN YOUR PAST!!!!

In fact.....  We love a little friction!  We love a good story!  We love turning bad guys into OUR heroes!

*  Whatever the case may be, this is becoming a great story!!!  I'm pulling for this kid to stick it up the press' arrrs!  I hope he chancels whatever "attitude" problems he may well have into some GREAT PITCHING!!!  WE WILL ABSOLUTELY JUMP ON HIS BANDWAGON!!!  :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]BUT!!!   CAN HE STILL PITCH???
    Posted by PetesCall[/QUOTE]

We in RSN are hoping that he can. How about you?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

hammah29r2, I'm just sayin...ya know, words on a screen. What if...a hypothetical situation. He better not try to bite Bostons favorite Hottie, going backwards after a bad game. There will be repercussions.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your reaction to Gerry Callahan's column this morning:Erik Bedard is ‘recipe for disaster’ : Seriously, Not the fans?? How many of the current team have been thrown under the bus repeatedly by the Nation?  Ellsbury, Tek, Salty, Beckett, Paps, Papi, Drew, Lackey, DiceK immediately come to mind.  This town demands success.  Heck, the best hitter in the game's history (IMHO) had problems with the fans.  Only way Bedard will win the fans is to win games.
    Posted by phxvlsoxfan[/QUOTE]
    All those players you mention were thrown under the bus by the media and a few knucklehead fans followed suit. How many of our players ever get booed at a game? These are the most adoring fans in baseball. Someone else mentioned Ted Williams and his story is the same; a few media guys hated/were jealous of him and bashed him in the press and once again a few fans followed, but not most. 

Sections
Shortcuts