Your thoughts and predictions for the Sox-Yankees series this weekend.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

Re: Your thoughts and predictions for the Sox-Yankees series this weekend.

Boston could lose the first two.  Buccholz has only pitched so-so, and Beckett gives up home runs - Yankees do have a tailor-made lefty line-up for a lefty-friendly stadium.  Lester will kill them in the finale!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: Your thoughts and predictions for the Sox-Yankees series this weekend.:
    [QUOTE]Boston could lose the first two.  Buccholz has only pitched so-so, and Beckett gives up home runs - Yankees do have a tailor-made lefty line-up for a lefty-friendly stadium.  Lester will kill them in the finale!
    Posted by RS75[/QUOTE]

Beckett has given up 3 hrs in seven starts. No HRs in his last start vs the Yankees. This isn't last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Your thoughts and predictions for the Sox-Yankees series this weekend.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your thoughts and predictions for the Sox-Yankees series this weekend. : Beckett has given up 3 hrs in seven starts. No HRs in his last start vs the Yankees. This isn't last year.
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]hey Niz, what's doin?...Becks has been pitching well, i think  he still gets bit by the HR bug a little more than he'd like....but still far from the every other pitch people make it seem like...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]The Red Sox have an even better lineup for Yankee Stadium.  I think we're going to see a lot of HRs this weekend.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE] which is what i meant by the two teams sometimes play backwards...like how Cano rakes at Fenway, the Yanks seem like they can  never get Youk, Ellsbury and sometimes Pedroia out at the Stadium.... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Gonna be a tense series.  I'm pumped.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Regarding Clay Buchholz, on a FanGraphs chat:

12:17
    [Comment From donnie from LAdonnie from LA: ] 
    Whats clay bucholz ceiling? Are you big on him or forget it? He seems to be inconsistent?
    Thursday May 12, 2011 12:17 donnie from LA
    12:19
    Matt Klaassen: 
    Well, Buchholz is 26 this season, and given what (little) we know about pitcher aging, time isn't on his side. He's probably better than he's shown so far this season, but he was pretty lucky on home run/FB rates in 2010. His K rate is okay, but not good enough to walk this many hitters. I guess there's an outside chance he becomes an legit #2 starter, but it's getting smaller with each start.
    http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/matt-klaassen-fangraphs-chat-51211/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I'm thinking the Sox take 2/3 although I hope they'll sweep.Becketts been pretty much lights out since the opening day start,Lester is still PO'ed about his last start and will pitch with a chip on his shoulder which could be very bad for the Yankees,Buchholz is the one pitcher (in this series) I think NY can get to.
        Should be a fun and drama filled weekend of baseball between the greatest rivals in sports.
    GO RED SOX !!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your thoughts and predictions for the Sox-Yankees series this weekend. : hey Niz, what's doin?...Becks has been pitching well, i think  he still gets bit by the HR bug a little more than he'd like....but still far from the every other pitch people make it seem like...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]
    Hi Jete. Here we go again. It's like a family reunion. You look foward to it, but you know something weird will happen; bickering, arguing, all-out fist fight.

Never a dull monent

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

The Red Sox could sweep, but then again, they could take two out of three, one out of three, or get swept.

There you go.  I've got all my bases covered.  Whatever happens, I will claim that I predicted it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your thoughts and predictions for the Sox-Yankees series this weekend. : Hi Jete. Here we go again. It's like a family reunion. You look foward to it, but you know something weird will happen; bickering, arguing, all-out fist fight. Never a dull monent
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE] oh, no doubt..all i have to say is ,if you knock over the keg....we have a problem...Tongue outWink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]The Red Sox could sweep, but then again, they could take two out of three, one out of three, or get swept. There you go.  I've got all my bases covered.  Whatever happens, I will claim that I predicted it. 
    Posted by losmediasrojas[/QUOTE] way to go out on a limb there Nostra...Tongue out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProfessorTwain. Show ProfessorTwain's posts

Be sure to wear out the Yankee bullpen, they come to Tampa Bay on Monday and face David Price and James Shields.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I'm scared to death.  I know the Sox took 2 of 3 at Fenway, that the Yankee pitching is suspect, and that the Sox will start Beckett, Buchholz, and Lester, our three best. 

But guess what?  The Sox pitching isn't suspect, it's terrible--12th best ERA of 14 in the AL.  Lester was horrible his last time out, and Buchholz is not yet the Buchholz of last year--once again, control issues.  And the Yankee hitting right now is the best in MLB, while the Sox hitting and especially scoring are mediocre. 

The Yankees could easily sweep the Sox with big scores like 12-3, 14-6, and 8-4.   

Sox win this series too, 2-1. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I'm scared to death.  I know the Sox took 2 of 3 at Fenway, that the Yankee pitching is suspect, and that the Sox will start Beckett, Buchholz, and Lester, our three best.  But guess what?  The Sox pitching isn't suspect, it's terrible--12th best ERA of 14 in the AL.  Lester was horrible his last time out, and Buchholz is not yet the Buchholz of last year--once again, control issues.  And the Yankee hitting right now is the best in MLB, while the Sox hitting and especially scoring are mediocre.  The Yankees could easily sweep the Sox with big scores like 12-3, 14-6, and 8-4.    Sox win this series too, 2-1. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

minus the fear quotient, I agree wit your final analysis:  2-1 Sox!  Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Red Sox Sweep!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FFGL. Show FFGL's posts

Yankees sweep Red Sox.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Can't predict what Red Sox team will show up. The way these guys are leaving RISP, Sox pitchers may have to throw shutouts. I say Yanks 2 of 3.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]Can't predict what Red Sox team will show up. The way these guys are leaving RISP, Sox pitchers may have to throw shutouts. I say Yanks 2 of 3.
    Posted by soxdawg08[/QUOTE]

The Yankees haven't done much with RISP either lately. Both teams were 1-7 w/ RISP last night. Youks blast off Joba (I still can't stop laughing about that one!!) was the difference.