Yu Darvish to be posted.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Re: Yu Darvish to be posted.

...not to mention what a bust Ichiro was for the Mariners.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Yu Darvish to be posted.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yu Darvish to be posted. : Answer: None of the 'great' pitchers that have come over from Japan have been anything more than mediocre and serviceable. Kei Igawa, Hideki Irabu, DiceK, Hideo Nomo, etc. Also, they throw 200+ innings per year starting at age 17/18. They are shot by the time they hit 30. Lastly, the hitters in Japan are no where near what is faced in MLB.  Their best hitter is the MLB's worst. Matt Murton was one of the best hitters in Japan, yet he was a bust in MLB with the Cubs and A's.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

ADG,

On Hideo Nomo you do not know what you're talking about. He had some very successful season in MLB, and far more than just a serviceable pitching. If the Red Sox had two or three pitchers like Nomo at the 3-4-5 spots they would have a very solid pitching staff.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Might be worth a shot. Obviously , I have never seen him pitch , but his reputation is excellent. It would be a gamble , but many things are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Posting fee is only draw back but he is a stud and I would go for it if it was me. Valentine said he was the best pitcher of his style I have ever seen. Good enough for me considering that he was around many great pitchers like him like Nolan Ryan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from accland. Show accland's posts

If the sox were just one pitcher short.....

With the tiny bag of money available for salaries with papi accepting arbitration, the sox need two starters and or back end of bullpen guys, backup catcher who can catch, not the hitter lavarnway, a right handed bat, and money for in-season contingencies and opportunities.  Darvish is a luxury the sox cannot afford. Get used to an austerity budgt for quite some time.  The sox have become Greece.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Yu Darvish to be posted.:
    [QUOTE]If the sox were just one pitcher short..... With the tiny bag of money available for salaries with papi accepting arbitration, the sox need two starters and or back end of bullpen guys, backup catcher who can catch, not the hitter lavarnway, a right handed bat, and money for in-season contingencies and opportunities.  Darvish is a luxury the sox cannot afford. Get used to an austerity budgt for quite some time.  The sox have become Greece.
    Posted by accland[/QUOTE]

The Red Sox unfortunately made the mistake of offering arbitration to Ortiz. Other than the Red Sox, teams don't have a DH only player on their rosters anymore. It just doesn't make sense. They can't play in NL parks and secondly, if your team makes the World Series, they don't get in the lineup.

They got greedy with the Type A compensation love fest.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

I hope that the Sox get aggressive and take this bid. He is the best addition to the rotation available this offseason and he makes sense for many reasons (age, luxury tax exemption, Bobby V). I don't care how much the posting fee is...Sox fans have sold out Fenway for what...? 4-5 straight seasons? Our beer sales alone should cover that. I say bid $55,555,556. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Sox likely out of Darvish race.  Reported on MLB traderumors

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Zac, 
    I'm surprised to hear someone think it will take more...I saw someone suggested 25 M. I figured 50 + will get it done...the only big teams I figure to be interested are Boston, NYY, Texas. Maybe I'm missing someone, but I'll bet the winning bet is between 50-65 M. I think 75 is a bit high, certainly that would win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

PLEASE be the NY dice-k

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Good point, Marlins are throwing their checkbook around recklessly. I don't care what MLBTR or BC says...I honestly predict the Sox win the bid for Darvish. He makes too much sense for a lot of reasons. Why would they say they were interested? That would just cause other people to bid higher. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

For sure...do you (or anyone else) know when the posting is official? How long do teams have to submit and when is the winner announced?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Thanks...well I guess I'll be the first to officially make the prediction.

Sox win the bid with $61,111,112 (slightly adjusted from my first prediction thanks to my good friend Zac).

Curious to see others' predictions...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

opps I just mixed up Darvish with Hiroyuki nakajima

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Henry isnt going to allow Boston to become the highest bidder after what he saw what happen to Dice K as well Tawaza!!  Remember he was the one that hate the Carl Crawford's deal until Theo along few others pursuaded him to signed him to come over to Boston.  

Just think that the reason why Boston are interested Darvish to make the other teams such as the Yankees to over-bid Darvish!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Red Sox will be interested in Darvish bidding, and will bid if bidding is not off the charts. All parties of interest, NYY et al, are pretending to have little interest;) 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

He throws a better Gyro-ball than DicK.