Zack Greinke suffers broken collarbone during brawl

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Zack Greinke suffers broken collarbone during brawl

Dear Red Sox pitchers:

If any of you hit a batter and they charge towards you, just run towards the dugout.  Better safe than sorry. 

Sincerely,

A Red Sox fan

P.S. I expected a brawl between the Red Sox and O's last night (especially with Aceves pitching).  LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Beckett did a great job as peace maker, holding back Kemp. This is not what the Dodgers needed with their $26M per year starter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Dear Red Sox pitchers:

If any of you hit a batter and they charge towards you, just run towards the dugout.  Better safe than sorry. 

Sincerely,

A Red Sox fan

P.S. I expected a brawl between the Red Sox and O's last night (especially with Aceves pitching).  LOL

Mickey Rivers vs. Bill Lee.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

The OP got deleted why?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

The OP got deleted why?

These Mods are out of hand. This is a good baseball related story and he sited his source. This out sourcing that BDC is doing isnt working. They are wasting money on these moderaters who obviously have no clue to what the rules are.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to LoveSox13's comment:

Don't forget who Pedro went after a few years back...............

Only his opponent was about 40 yrs older !

smiles

Do you mean when the gerbil ran out of the dugout and charged Pedro during a senior moment?How did that work out for him?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The OP got deleted why?

I was wondering that myself.I used a paragraph from the article and a link to read the rest of it.This never used to happen.

It's a brave new world. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Just read the story....Wow, just wow.

Quentin needs to go away for a very long time.  3-2 pitch, one run game, plunked on the shoulder.

Greinke (who doesnt get nearly enough credit on this board) is a top of the rotation starter, who was off to a fantastic start.

Things like this shouldnt happen.  Well done Hairston Jr and Kemp, both having to be restrained out of anger.  Their anger was more than justified.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The OP got deleted why?

The mods really need to go outside, get some fresh air, and drink a nice cup of coffee from Dunkin Donuts.    LOL

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Quentin needs to go away for a very long time.  3-2 pitch, one run game, plunked on the shoulder.

Greinke (who doesnt get nearly enough credit on this board) is a top of the rotation starter, who was off to a fantastic start.

Things like this shouldnt happen.  Well done Hairston Jr and Kemp, both having to be restrained out of anger.  Their anger was more than justified.

Kemp had a ball thrown over his head earlier, which is why he was so pizzed

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Don't forget who Pedro went after a few years back...............

Only his opponent was about 40 yrs older !

yeah....that 75 year old really charged!! lmao

smiles

Do you mean when the gerbil ran out of the dugout and charged Pedro during a senior moment?How did that work out for him?

He did charge (as well as an old man can). Zim also admitted he was wrong and it was his fault. nice try though troll.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Kemp had a ball thrown over his head earlier, which is why he was so pizzed

That wasnt the only reason.  Their 200M man suffered a severe injury due to stupidity.  I heard that he went looking for Quentin after he found out the injury was severe.  Cops had to get between to them.  He should have just came out throwing punches.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Drew, for once I agree with you 100% -

Quentin's response to being hit was totally BUSH LEAGUE!! I hope he is given a Greinke Suspension...i.e. he is suspended for as long as it takes Greinke to return to the mound.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

Quentin's response to being hit was totally BUSH LEAGUE!! I hope he is given a Greinke Suspension...i.e. he is suspended for as long as it takes Greinke to return to the mound.

You mean the suspension that Volchedouche should have gotten?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Dear Red Sox pitchers:

Sincerely,

A Red Sox fan

Lol, my son and I were talking before the gm w/ the O's guessing how many guys Aceves was going to hit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

You need to look at it from Quentin's side too.He had already been hit twice by Greinke in the past,the only player Greinke has hit that many times(3).Quentin was hit by a pitch in the  wrist Tuesday by a Dodgers pitcher (Belisario) and had to leave the game and miss Wednesday's game.It seemed like Greinke was throwing at him for retaliation of a pitch that went over Kemp's head earlier.Quentin also claims that Greinke said something to him after he hit him and that's when he charged.

Maybe it's the same type of thing as the Joba-Youkilis fued that was going on.They just don't like each other. If you want to intentionally hit a batter,be ready to accept the reactions that happen because of it.Pitchers shouldn't get a free pass to plunk someone just because they want to.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

You mean the suspension that Volchedouche should have gotten?

Yes, but I think any flagrant suspendable action that injures a player should be met with the offending player serving the unpaid suspension for the length of time the injured player is out...up to ONE year.

In the Savard situation, I wouldn't expect Matt Cooke to miss 3 years of making a living...but a one year suspension would be sufficient punishment to the offender and serve as a deterrent for future events.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

wow went to a ballgame and a hockey game broke out! Grienke threw at him and not the 1st time as mentioned. Too bad the bruins arent playin with that passion.

Barring appeals, same 2 teams play monday.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts