Zack Greinke suffers broken collarbone during brawl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Zack Greinke suffers broken collarbone during brawl

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I always hoped that Tim Wakefield would get charged and injuried enough to get him off the active roster. It was one of the only ways I could think of to get him off the active roster. Hitters use to send Wakefield money, just to try and keep him from retirting. He was great for their stats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Didn't deserve a charge.  but, Quentin and Grienke have history.  and its Carlos Quentin.  So, he flew off the handle.  But, Zach, seriously, what are you doing?  You gotsta not engage right dere.  

Can you imagine this board today if the Sox had signed Grienke??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

sha

nahan looked at the tape and saw nothing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I'm assuming that Quentin will get a harsh reaction from the crowd when his team visits the Dodgers in the near future.    LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Quentin may not have gotten physical if Greinke hadn't said whatever he said when Quentin headed to mound.  Don't think I'd further provoke a linebacker I'd just hit when I knew I'd hit him in the past also.  Not justifying Quentin, but just saying, Greinke coulda kept his comment civil and probably avoided the injury.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I'm assuming that Quentin will get a harsh reaction from the crowd when his team visits the Dodgers in the near future.    LOL

They're meeting in LA Monday for a 3 game series.I think Quentin will probably be suspended by then,but it should be interesting though

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Greinke last hit Quentin back in 2009...several other pitchers have hit him three times or more. Does that really qualify as history, with how much Quentin gets hit?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Just read the story....Wow, just wow.

Quentin needs to go away for a very long time.  3-2 pitch, one run game, plunked on the shoulder.

Greinke (who doesnt get nearly enough credit on this board) is a top of the rotation starter, who was off to a fantastic start.

Things like this shouldnt happen.  Well done Hairston Jr and Kemp, both having to be restrained out of anger.  Their anger was more than justified.

I agree drew. He thinks Zack's going to hit a .222 hitter(him) in a 2-1 gm on a 3-2 pitch, Quentin is a complete buffoon. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Quentin was within his right to charge the mound. Not only do they have history but pitchers have all the power in a baseball game. They get to hurl a ball 95 MPH right at you if they please. and all they have to say is "that one got away from me". If you start suspending batters for charging the mound then you give away their means to protect themselves and it's just going get out of hand quickly. If Grienke didn't want to scrum then he shouldn't have jawed at Quentin (i don't think the plunking was intentional so i give him the benefit of the doubt) and he definitely shouldn't have ran towards him and lowered his shoulder. So you can blame CQ all you want but Grienke was definitely at fault too. He just got hurt so he's getting the sympathy in this situation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

Dear Red Sox pitchers:

If any of you hit a batter and they charge towards you, just run towards the dugout.  Better safe than sorry. 

Sincerely,

A Red Sox fan

P.S. I expected a brawl between the Red Sox and O's last night (especially with Aceves pitching).  LOL

Mickey Rivers vs. Bill Lee.

I was thinking the same thing. But wasn't it Graig Nettles who did the actually damage when he was pulling Lee away from Rivers? I might have to go look that up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Greinke last hit Quentin back in 2009...several other pitchers have hit him 3+ times. Does that really qualify as history, with how much Quentin gets hit?

Quentin had to be held back last time Greinke hit him when he was with the Cubs.He's faced Greinke a total of 31 times with 3 HBP.He's also only faced Greinke 7 times since 2009.

Greinke quote:

""I never thought about hitting him on purpose. He always seems to think that I'm hitting him on purpose, but that's not the case. That's all I can really say about it."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

In response to Drewski5's comment:

You mean the suspension that Volchedouche should have gotten?

Yes, but I think any flagrant suspendable action that injures a player should be met with the offending player serving the unpaid suspension for the length of time the injured player is out...up to ONE year.

In the Savard situation, I wouldn't expect Matt Cooke to miss 3 years of making a living...but a one year suspension would be sufficient punishment to the offender and serve as a deterrent for future events.

I like it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

They're meeting in LA Monday for a 3 game series.I think Quentin will probably be suspended by then,but it should be interesting though

Wow that is only a few days away.  The stadium will need extra security.