USA USA!: SOX CAN LEARN A LOT ABOUT PLAYOFF GRIT FROM THE US WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: USA USA USA: SOX CAN LEARN A LOT ABOUT GRIT FROM THE US WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM

In Response to Re: USA USA USA: SOX CAN LEARN A LOT ABOUT GRIT FROM THE US WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: USA USA USA: SOX CAN LEARN A LOT ABOUT GRIT FROM THE US WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM : you wanna see a gal that totally gets my motor running CC? that would be Miss Jillian Michaels.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]
    comrade, not baddd. kind of a butter girl. great everywhere BUT HER face. i still wanna go solo with Hope, not jillian. what's up with those soccer gal names? heather's mitt, shannon's boxx, MIA'S HAMM (i bet nomar likes mia's ham)...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Re: USA USA USA: SOX CAN LEARN A LOT ABOUT GRIT FROM THE US WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM

We are pushing the envelope just a little too much here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to USA USA USA: SOX CAN LEARN A LOT ABOUT GRIT FROM THE US WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM:
    [QUOTE]COULDNT BELIEVE MY EYES. DOWN BY 1 WITH 30 SECONDS left in overtime AND DOWN A PLAYER DUE TO 2 OF THE MOST bogus calls i have ever seen in my life. heck the Us had 3 of the worse calls on one sequence i have ever seen, plus a fourth with the clear offsides call that was missed on the second Brazilian goal. the 3 were the foul, the red card and the disallowed save. still they grinded and got even better as they dug deeper and deeper to equalize things. that header by wambach will live forever! textbook!  they were playing the most talented and athletically gifted team in the tournament as well. then they hit 5 straight perfect penalty kicks as my my girl hope solo made a perfect save to win and advance to the semis. almost reminded me of the sox in 2004 in yankee stadium or the pats in 2001 versus oakland. lebron james should have been taking notes.  they should beat sweden in the hottest finals in recent memory! US has lost at everything lately: obama, economy, golf, tennis and so forth. we need these gals to restore some good old US pride and dignity. even the german home crowd started chanting USA USA as the game went on after booing and being indifferent for most of it. this was the best of the US, good to see the dark clouds havent totally engulfed us.  i digress.. but HOPE SOLO IS THE HOTTEST WOMAN ALIVE on this planet! Hope makes me want to go solo! 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I think the Sox have known how to grind out a win long before the USA girls came around.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

First of all, I have already watched that game twice now it was so epic. Anyone who missed it can stream it on espn3.com:

2nd, Solo has the bod for sure, and is the best goalie in the world, but if you've seen Amy Rodriguez with her hair down you would KNOW who the hottest women is on that team!

End of story! No further discussion needed!

Heather Mitts has been eclipsed!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

i digress.. but HOPE SOLO IS THE HOTTEST WOMAN ALIVE on this planet! Hope makes me want to go solo!

Whoa, whoa, whoa. She's definitely hot, but calling her the hottest woman alive? That's a serious stretch. Just stop and consider Brooklyn Decker, Bar Rafaeli, or Megan Fox.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Abby Wambach is the "Darling" of my hometown (Rochester, NY). Tomorrow's paper will likely have 2-inch headlines on the front page. Our soccer stadium is sold out whenever the US team comes to town for a "friendly match". Abby's not just a great player, she also great woman who gives back to our kids and the community.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Truly epic game. They overcame bad call after bad call and played a man down for like 60 minutes and dominated still that whole period. Came back to nail a goal in the last seconds of double overtime. Went on to confidently seal the victory in PKs. This was a victory for the women's US Soccer program with their exceptional conditioning and year round training, for title 9, for Abby Wambach and Hope Solo.

All that said, they have lost twice recently to Sweden. Everything points towards those 2 teams ending up in the finals, IMO, and even Japan or France could still beat the US. Anything can still happen. I'm hoping they keep their focus and make the finals a Lingerie version, double overtime special!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

OK...Hope is cute but the hottest girl on the planet?  Have you ever been to South Beach, New York City or a Rascal Flatts concert?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: USA USA USA: SOX CAN LEARN A LOT ABOUT GRIT FROM THE US WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM:
    [QUOTE]Truly epic game. They overcame bad call after bad call and played a man down for like 60 minutes and dominated still that whole period. Came back to nail a goal in the last seconds of double overtime. Went on to confidently seal the victory in PKs. This was a victory for the women's US Soccer program with their exceptional conditioning and year round training, for title 9, for Abby Wambach and Hope Solo. All that said, they have lost twice recently to Sweden. Everything points towards those 2 teams ending up in the finals, IMO, and even Japan or France could still beat the US. Anything can still happen. I'm hoping they keep their focus and make the finals a Lingerie version, double overtime special!
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]in some ways, losing TWICE will help them versus sweden. the coach is swedish and they will make proper adjustments. hard to beat a team three times or twice in the same world cup. US will have the intangible advantage, we'll see. winning that game yesterday just maximizes their intangible leverage and brings them together in a way thats hard to duplicate. 

as for title9, as someone who leans left but more libertarian politically, its almost so funny listening to the strong anti-govt types sometimes. do they not have daughters or sisters? title 9 is not only a government program but the ultimate "welfare" social engineering "levelling the playing field" affirmative action/equal access program. male sports have clearly suffered for the greater good of bringing women into the fold as equals. it has been exploited by many schools, male athletes have often been compromised as many old by sports have summarily been eliminated on many campuses. it also proves how WHITE middle-classed WOMEN have been the biggest recipients of such programs.

plus, jeez.. i wonder how these women who benefit from such programs are going to vote or set policy someday when they are in power or advice their kids when they are being raised about how govt is supposed to work?  

imagine how much better all of society will work with such programs in place and not politically trivialized everywhere. noone forces anyone to watch womens sports but its presence has clearly made this nation a better place. would the US have  such a huge lead over most nations without it? look at the 2 nations most likely to meet in the finals. no coincidence both the US and sweden do the most in terms of social inclusion and stratedgic cultural engineering.. maximizing the strengths of all one's genders, sexes, and races can ONLY be a good thing. multiculturalism is a different deal for they first have to be mutually competitive before they can be culturally competitive for anyone smart from the dominant culture to want to culturally follow them! 

flaws and all, title 9 is a triumph for some active government involvement in social engineering, equal access, affirmative action dynamics. it strengthens women and society as a whole. the ultimate in utilitarianism!  men lose initially just as whites lose in racial affirmative action INITIALLY in order to make the overall collective even stronger and more competitive!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Nothing, and I repeat nothing, can even equal the Sox coming back from 3 games to none against the Yanks.  Blown saves by Mariano 'Pool Guy' Rivera in games 4 & 5.  And the last two losses on the so-called hallowed ground of Yankee Stadium.  Nothing can ever top that one. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: USA USA USA: SOX CAN LEARN A LOT ABOUT PLAYOFF GRIT FROM THE US WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM

We should probably also thank Daiane for her own goal. That was kinda big.

But yeah, this is one of the most amazing moments in US sports history.  What seems to be forgotten was the absolutely perfect cross by Rapinoe.  Had she been off by even about two inches, it would've been for naught.  Amazing story, amazing team. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Hope indeed is hot, but I'm not sure she's the hottest player on the team. I'm thinking Heather Mitts.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]WHO wouldnt wanna go SOLO wth HOPE? she makes me want to do it solo (without her), go so low (with her) and commit to being solo (true monogamy) or not just solo with her (a few buds and gals i know may be interested in a special evening with her as well). hope has that DIRTY all-american look. she's inviting but still comes across like a little black widow type, clearly has an edge to her. 

yes, would love to be in heather's mittt or shannon's boxx! but part of solo's hotness is her pure athletic ability, attitude, hot present popularity/q-rating, and the overall full package (way beyond just pure looks).. most people have no clue who the heck mitts or amy rodriguez are. amy's often on the bench for christ sakes and gets routinely replaced late in games. hope is the true star of the team in every way. wambach is close but they have won without her and lets just say, abby wont be winning any beauty contests and being invited for layouts unless its for GLAD or a toolmaker mag. 

i love athletic and athletically built women such as venus william, sharapova or gabriella reese  from back in the day, not just some girly megan fox type. hope is perfectly cut and accentuates her bod very well while still keeping it classy and is the perfect height. like the gods took an extra day to make her.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Hope indeed is hot, but I'm not sure she's the hottest player on the team.

I'm thinking Heather Mitts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: USA USA USA: SOX CAN LEARN A LOT ABOUT PLAYOFF GRIT FROM THE US WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM

By the way, I deserve some credit.

Two years ago in the men's World Cup, it was 0-0 against Slovenia in the final minutes. We were leaving that day, so I told the family I was going start loading the car while they watched. We were all expecting ET.

By the time I get back, they're going crazy because Donovan scored.

Yesterday, about 10 minutes after Marta scored, I left on a store run. I actually said, hey, it worked before. And sure enough ...

So forget Hope and Abby ... it was all my doing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to USA USA USA: SOX CAN LEARN A LOT ABOUT GRIT FROM THE US WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM:
    [QUOTE]COULDNT BELIEVE MY EYES. DOWN BY 1 WITH 30 SECONDS left in overtime AND DOWN A PLAYER DUE TO 2 OF THE MOST bogus calls i have ever seen in my life. heck the Us had 3 of the worse calls on one sequence i have ever seen, plus a fourth with the clear offsides call that was missed on the second Brazilian goal. the 3 were the foul, the red card and the disallowed save. still they grinded and got even better as they dug deeper and deeper to equalize things. that header by wambach will live forever! textbook!  they were playing the most talented and athletically gifted team in the tournament as well. then they hit 5 straight perfect penalty kicks as my my girl hope solo made a perfect save to win and advance to the semis. almost reminded me of the sox in 2004 in yankee stadium or the pats in 2001 versus oakland. lebron james should have been taking notes.  they should beat sweden in the hottest finals in recent memory! US has lost at everything lately: obama, economy, golf, tennis and so forth. we need these gals to restore some good old US pride and dignity. even the german home crowd started chanting USA USA as the game went on after booing and being indifferent for most of it. this was the best of the US, good to see the dark clouds havent totally engulfed us.  i digress.. but HOPE SOLO IS THE HOTTEST WOMAN ALIVE on this planet! Hope makes me want to go solo! 

Man, you are so right. Those calls were so unbelievably bogus, especially on the first penalty kick, that I couldn't help think back to the '72 Olympics basketball game between USA and USSR. Flat-out ridiculous they were.

And you're right about Hope ... the planet is a large place, but she is indeed smokin'.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Hope Solo is so hot that if she told me that she would be my girlfriend if I became a Yankees fan, then I would join the Evil Empire in a heart beat!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Soccer, love it or hate it; that was one of the greatest sporting events in recent times. But to put things into persepctive, the US women's team is one of the strongest, proudest sporting institutions on the planet; up there with the Celtics, Packers, Canadiens and Selecao Brasileira (Brazil men's team). Not as much history, I'll grant that. hat goal was so improbable; like the Sox taking four straight from the Yankees in 04; that's why I'll always love Johny Damon, Belhorn and that whole team of idiots.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to USA USA USA: SOX CAN LEARN A LOT ABOUT GRIT FROM THE US WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM : I think the Sox have known how to grind out a win long before the USA girls came around.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

True dat...I forgot to say that.  I was so focused on the OP claim about the USA goalkeeper.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Get the H... Outta Here! There's a soccer blog for the 2-3 of yuz.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

just saw espn.. the goal wambach scored is at #5 of the all-time MOST DRAMATIC MOMENT IN THE HISTORY OF AMERICAN SPORTS. #6 is mr. buckner of u know whom vs the u know who in the u know what of you know that year. #1 is THE olympic hockey team in 1980. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: USA USA USA: SOX CAN LEARN A LOT ABOUT GRIT FROM THE US WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM : WHO wouldnt wanna go SOLO wth HOPE? she makes me want to do it solo (without her), go so low (with her) and commit to being solo (true monogamy) or not just solo with her (a few buds and gals i know may be interested in a special evening with her as well). hope has that DIRTY all-american look. she's inviting but still comes across like a little black widow type, clearly has an edge to her.  yes, would love to be in heather's mittt or shannon's boxx! but part of solo's hotness is her pure athletic ability, attitude, hot present popularity/q-rating, and the overall full package (way beyond just pure looks).. most people have no clue who the heck mitts or amy rodriguez are. amy's often on the bench for christ sakes and gets routinely replaced late in games. hope is the true star of the team in every way. wambach is close but they have won without her and lets just say, abby wont be winning any beauty contests and being invited for layouts unless its for GLAD or a toolmaker mag.  i love athletic and athletically built women such as venus william, sharapova or gabriella reese  from back in the day, not just some girly megan fox type. hope is perfectly cut and accentuates her bod very well while still keeping it classy and is the perfect height. like the gods took an extra day to make her.

you wanna see a gal that totally gets my motor running CC? that would be Miss Jillian Michaels.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

[QUOTE]i digress.. but HOPE SOLO IS THE HOTTEST WOMAN ALIVE on this planet! Hope makes me want to go solo! Whoa, whoa, whoa. She's definitely hot, but calling her the hottest woman alive? That's a serious stretch. Just stop and consider Brooklyn Decker, Bar Rafaeli, or Megan Fox.
    Posted by RonSwanson[/QUOTE]
    Now think this one over fellahs... HOPE has those athletic legs that can wrap around you and.... well I am not sure any of the keyboard jockeys here could take that...... SHE IS AMAZING!

BTW COntrarian- I am sure you will be SOLO if you are just HOPING to meet her.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

USA USA!: SOX CAN LEARN A LOT ABOUT PLAYOFF GRIT FROM THE US WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM

COULDNT BELIEVE MY EYES. DOWN BY 1 WITH 30 SECONDS left in overtime AND DOWN A PLAYER DUE TO 2 OF THE MOST bogus calls i have ever seen in my life. heck the Us had 3 of the worse calls on one sequence i have ever seen, plus a fourth with the clear offsides call that was missed on the second Brazilian goal. the 3 were the foul, the red card and the disallowed save. still they grinded and got even better as they dug deeper and deeper to equalize things. that header by wambach will live forever! textbook!  they were playing the most talented and athletically gifted team in the tournament as well. then they hit 5 straight perfect penalty kicks as my my girl hope solo made a perfect save to win and advance to the semis. almost reminded me of the sox in 2004 in yankee stadium or the pats in 2001 versus oakland. lebron james should have been taking notes. 

they should beat sweden in the hottest finals in recent memory! US has lost at everything lately: obama, economy, golf, tennis and so forth. we need these gals to restore some good old US pride and dignity. even the german home crowd started chanting USA USA as the game went on after booing and being indifferent for most of it. this was the best of the US, good to see the dark clouds havent totally engulfed us. 

i digress.. but HOPE SOLO IS THE HOTTEST WOMAN ALIVE on this planet! Hope makes me want to go solo! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: USA USA!: SOX CAN LEARN A LOT ABOUT PLAYOFF GRIT FROM THE US WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM

in reality, the soccer women are like the sox in 2007 at this point. they really are not the underdog anymore. they are 23-0 vs japan in their HISTORY! also 58-2 since they've been playing in the world cup. but no team that's ever lost in grup play has ever won the championship but the japs are bringing in that whole tsunami thing! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: USA USA USA: SOX CAN LEARN A LOT ABOUT PLAYOFF GRIT FROM THE US WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM:
    [QUOTE]We should probably also thank Daiane for her own goal. That was kinda big. But yeah, this is one of the most amazing moments in US sports history.  What seems to be forgotten was the absolutely perfect cross by Rapinoe.  Had she been off by even about two inches, it would've been for naught.  Amazing story, amazing team. 
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]the own goal was from intense pressure from wambach.. she was right there and the other us player was right behind her, everyone panicked.. in hockey, wambach would have head credit for the goal. also, erica should get the academy waward this year. even for soccer that was simply pathetic. she's convulsig, grabbing her heart and legs, gets stretchered out aft 5 minutes of this act and doesnt have the decency to miss a minute before she just sprints back off the stretcher like hulk hogan or paul pierce routinely does to get bak in the game. ref give her an iinstant yellow for unsportsmanslike conduct. yit should be if one gets medical attention or is down for over 2 minutes in the last 5 minutes for any reason, they must sit out for the full last 5 minutes of the game without a sub being eligible as they do in football where the other team loses a timeout or the clock runs down.. should be a consequence..

whats up with offsides anyways. to me, unless there's clear and convincing evidence the offensive player should get the benefit of the doubt. tie goes to the offense. makes the game more exciting. like that marta goal, should count most times. no beef with it. 

Sections
Shortcuts