1. You have chosen to ignore posts from doofus54. Show doofus54's posts

09 Red Sox vs 09 Yankees (Marcel and James)

If you add an analysis and comparison of pitching rotations, you may draw the same conclusion: too close to call. depends on which team gets the most out of their guys and avoids injuries.

If you add an analysis of the bullpens?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuckhndrsn. Show chuckhndrsn's posts

great job, i dont like this marcel guy much. im hoping for a monster year from youk and i hope he gets a huge payday. cant say i agree with lowrie over jeter though, even if his defense is horrible.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gubeme. Show gubeme's posts

Interesting....Not too sure about Lowrie over Jeter though....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tph2004. Show tph2004's posts

I agree, Lowrie/Jeter you cant give an advantage to a guy who played 81 games over a HOF player still playing well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

i admittedly don't know much about Lowrie, but i'd imagine looking at the lineups the Yanks ask more of Jeter than the Sox will of Lowrie..can't see an edge for the Sox there.. though that doesn't mean that Lowrie won't contribute more than expected..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from caubrey. Show caubrey's posts

And who is Marcel and James again?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee2005. Show yankee2005's posts

[Quote]I tend to agree about the rotations, though NY clearly has more upside.

In regards to the bullpens, Boston's is better in every way possible.[/Quote]

How so?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee2005. Show yankee2005's posts

How are Masterson and Delcarmen proven arms? Oki was not the 2007 Oki last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[Quote]How are Masterson and Delcarmen proven arms? Oki was not the 2007 Oki last year.[/Quote]

What do you mean his ERA was a 0.40 higher and his whip was on 0.20 higher.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I agree generally with all but two positions. The differences at SS and LF. Call me crazy but I would take Jeter anyday of the week, twice in a Doubleheader, over Lowrie. I like Lowrie but he is no Derek Jeter !! Now if Salaries were a factor also then that may play into it because I don't think there is a 20 Mil difference between them. Now LF is totally absurd. I Love how Damon approaches the game but Bay is in a Break Out Contract Year and the Stats for him this season will be through the Roof. Damon may not even be on the Yankmes when the Season starts if they can find anybody crazy enough to trade for him !!

GO SOX 2009 !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Lowrie over Jeter. Don't see it. Jeter hits 2nd in Yankee lineup, Lowrie 8/9 and still has much to prove. Jeter is on downside no doubt, but I still rather see Arod than Jeter in late innings of tight game. Still RS pitching top to bottom much better than Yanks and RS are better defensively than Yanks.

Sections
Shortcuts