1. You have chosen to ignore posts from allrightythen. Show allrightythen's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

[Quote]

I have watched most of the teams (not all) and you lose all credibility by putting AC, Burlington and Winchester in your top list. In case you haven't figured things out with the rankings, things are based on strength of schedule as well as record and Burlington and Winchester do not have any top notch teams on the schedule other than Reading (see below). (I know, teams are affraid to play them). AC has lost to Archies and St. Mary's and barely beat Billerica. They don't even play CM, MC, BCH or X and they are a catholic school team. Sounds top ten to me. If it was soley based on record then CM, BCH and X wouldn't be listed in the top 10. Currently CM has a .500 record, but by far plays the toughest schedule. Reading deserves to be there only because they are defending champs, but in the end they won't be there either. I admit I have yet to see them play, but they lost some great players and it will be tough to duplicate what they did last year. It is clear to me you are from the north shore and haven't seen teams from the south shore area. Oh and as I look through the schedules of your list of overated teams I see that Hingham tied CM, Needham beat X and Hingham. Of which you have in your top rankings. I don't know anything about Wakefield, but they are in the same boat as Burlington and Winchester. Now as an avid hockey fan I would never say that if your list of over rated teams played a game against the list you propose of supsect top teams that a game could go either way. It is the way sports go! Just use some sensible logic when creating your rankings.

[/Quote]
    Strength of schedule? Am I missing something or does the reigning super 8 champion play in the Middlesex league and not on the South Shore? Granted they fall in the ranking because they are young, but, they put a hurting on all teams last year including CM and BC high so they still are a very strong opponent that gets every team's best game. Both groups of kids from Needham and Hingham haven't knocked off any of the big boys yet, talented sure, but haven't proved they are top 10 to me. A tie against CM is not big a deal now a days and AC beat Reading 4-1...the defending super 8 champ.
    Basically what you've done is looked who stayed, graduated etc, made a prediction and are trying to defend it...which is fine.don't give me this crap about strength of schedule, no such thing. Don't count Woburn out either, they are going to be right there at the end.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shontata. Show shontata's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

the al hickey league rules hockey

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jp2345. Show jp2345's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

Cm will still be tough to beat and their 2 losses were to the Defending New Jersey State champions and Belmont hill 2 teams who they obviously wont face in the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from allrightythen. Show allrightythen's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

[Quote]can you honestly say that the ML is the best league including the CC?[/Quote]

Never said Middlesex league was strongest. Simply try to make a point that the teams in that league "technically" have a stronger schedule compared to the Hingham, Needham, Duxbury etc. It all stems from how strong Reading was last year and the fact that they are the reigning super 8 champ giving each team in Middlesex 2 games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RocketDude. Show RocketDude's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

I wouldn't say that the ML the best league out there. Although, the top half teams would give anybody a good game. The bottom half is bad and doesn't lend any credability to the top teams W/L records, or strength of schedule. I'm still riding the high from last year's Rocket-Power showing. But, reality this year is that it's a rebuilding year for Reading. There is a lot of young talent that will develop nicely with a year of experience. Next year they'll be right back in the hunt for the super8 title again. The sophomore class is very strong and there are already a couple of outstanding freshmen in the mix.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jp2345. Show jp2345's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

snipe952, my mistake it was st sebs instead of belmont hill. St Sebs is not that this year theyre off to a 6-1 start. We will see whos better between MC and CM when they play next tuesday

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from allrightythen. Show allrightythen's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

It's going to take another 2 1/2 weeks before the cream rises.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RocketDude. Show RocketDude's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

Growing pains for Reading. Rebuilding is a slow process. This will be a tough year for them. Good experience, though. They have some great young talent in the system. They will return to their power house status next year and the year beyond. Until then, there will be a few bumps in the road.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1507032. Show user_1507032's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

Needham is simply not that good. They might be a strong town team but under no circumstances will they do anything in Super 8, if they get there. watched them at jamboree and they were not even capable of getting a shot off

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenfinger47. Show chickenfinger47's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

1) Malden Catholic(7-0-0) They are clearly the team to beat this year, there defense is amazing.

2) Needham(8-0-0) Wins over Hingham and Xavarian give them the 2 spot, I still have questions about them though

3) Hingham(6-1-1)- I give them the 3 over CM because they should have beat them, they outplayed CM, and absolutly hammered SJS last night.

4) Catholic Memorial(3-1-1)- Big win against Xavarian to get back on track after a poor start against a strong schedual.

5) Xavarian(3-2-1)- There schedual has been brutal so far with there first 5 on the road, there a super 8 lock

6) BC High(2-2-1)- Probably should not be this high but they play in the CC, they have played a brutal CC schedual but really have not looked that good.

7) Winchester(6-0-1)- They look like the team to beat out of the Middlesex league

8) Arlington Catholic(6-2-1)- Finally the Catholic Central conference lives again, AC looks strong this season

9) Archbishp Williams(5-2-0)- The surprise of the year after winning just one game last year.

10) Burlington(7-1-1)- They play in the Middlesex league which is always topugh

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PartayMasta3. Show PartayMasta3's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

[Quote]1) Malden Catholic(7-0-0) They are clearly the team to beat this year, there defense is amazing.

2) Needham(8-0-0) Wins over Hingham and Xavarian give them the 2 spot, I still have questions about them though

3) Hingham(6-1-1)- I give them the 3 over CM because they should have beat them, they outplayed CM, and absolutly hammered SJS last night.

4) Catholic Memorial(3-1-1)- Big win against Xavarian to get back on track after a poor start against a strong schedual.

5) Xavarian(3-2-1)- There schedual has been brutal so far with there first 5 on the road, there a super 8 lock

6) BC High(2-2-1)- Probably should not be this high but they play in the CC, they have played a brutal CC schedual but really have not looked that good.

7) Winchester(6-0-1)- They look like the team to beat out of the Middlesex league

8) Arlington Catholic(6-2-1)- Finally the Catholic Central conference lives again, AC looks strong this season

9) Archbishp Williams(5-2-0)- The surprise of the year after winning just one game last year.

10) Burlington(7-1-1)- They play in the Middlesex league which is always topugh
    [/Quote]

This is the best top 10 anyone has put up yet. Ballsy with Archie's at #9 but I like it. MC and Needham are undisputed... big wins for both teams. You're right, Hingham dominated CM, goalie had some big saves down the stretch to conserve the tie. I think Winchester will overtake Xaverian and BCH over the next couple of weeks. They shouldn't lose this season, and an undefeated record at their level deserves a top 5 spot. BCH, Xaverian, and AC will finish with top 10 spots, not exactly sure where. Archie's and Burlington will both drop out... I have a feeling that Weymouth will turn things around and play great hockey for the second half of the season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenfinger47. Show chickenfinger47's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

Ok, with Springfield beating BCH last night the definatly deserve a spot in the top 10, I don't know what the hell is wrong with BCH, they just arnt that good. Central Catholic also deservs some love.

Hingham vs. SJP tonight

Prediction- Hingham 5 SJP 2

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slowbutquick. Show slowbutquick's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

[Quote]

I have a feeling that Weymouth will turn things around and play great hockey for the second half of the season.[/Quote]

PM3 with another great call. Any game reports on the needham Weymouth game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenfinger47. Show chickenfinger47's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

New Top 10

1) Malden Catholic

2) Hingham

3) Xavarian

4) Needham

5) Catholic Memorial

6) Arlington Catholic

7) Springfield Cathedral

8) Winchester

9) BC High

10) Central Catholic

I know Needham beat Xavarian and Hingham, but they have played a much weaker schedual than both teams.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from g18. Show g18's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

When will that be in a couple of years? And by who''s account are they still 1 or 2, sure does not show on their record.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

Seems like there are a lot of HS hockey teams capable of skating with each other this year.Up for grabs I say.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PartayMasta3. Show PartayMasta3's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

Hingham with a 5-1 destroyal of Needham tonight to avenge an early season loss. What's happening to Needham and CM? Neither are Super 8 teams right now if you ask me. Anyone know when was the last time CM AND BC High missed the Super 8? This is a pretty bizarre season so far.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PartayMasta3. Show PartayMasta3's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

Sorry, Hingham beat Norwood 5-2 not Needham, my bad.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ICU2. Show ICU2's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

[Quote]What's going on with CM? Yikes.........are they Super 8 material this year? PartayMaster, I think CM and BC High have qualified every year for the Super 8, haven't they?[/Quote]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ICU2. Show ICU2's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

I seen both teams play a few times..BCH doesn't have much other than the goalie and physical D which can carry them so far, CM has the talent to get it done but every game I've seen them they carry play but aren't getting any luck around the net and the goalie is weak let's in soft goals which is killing them.
    CM needs to take Thurs game vs BC or they're in big trouble.

Just on the teams I've seen play I think it's
    MC, Hingham, X, CM

[Quote][/Quote]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

ICU2, What is going on this year? or for that matter HS hockey? I think the speed is there but the dominating kids are gone.Hoping for good bounces?The combo of Size, speed,skill have gone away.Or has the recruiting stopped and been replaced by politically correctness these days?The top scorers in the CC???? not much different than alot of the publics.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slowbutquick. Show slowbutquick's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

What I have seen at the few games I have seen of CM is that the goalie is weak. They are also a lot chipper than they need to be, collucce loses focus as soon as they start hitting him. Coach needs to get a handle on the team to get them focused on winning. They are playing with an attitude that makes them vulnerble to hard hitting forechecking teams..

Just my 2 cents.

MC looks very good completely different attitude. Nice team work.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ICU2. Show ICU2's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

[Quote]ICU2, What is going on this year? or for that matter HS hockey? I think the speed is there but the dominating kids are gone.Hoping for good bounces?The combo of Size, speed,skill have gone away.Or has the recruiting stopped and been replaced by politically correctness these days?The top scorers in the CC???? not much different than alot of the publics.[/Quote]

It's a strange year, of the 8 or 9 games I've seen you could change jerseys and couldn't tell one team from another. Catholics and publics a lot closer, not sure if it's because players going to juniors or just a cycle.
    Unless a team pulls away over the next month, other than an edge to MC whoever makes the super 8 can win it..wide open whichs is a good thing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

Maybee the general speed level gotten better,eliminating,some of the bigger kids that may have controlled things in years past (CM).As far as juniors,you would think with all the AAA youth level teams out there,there would be enough for everyone to feed on.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jp2345. Show jp2345's posts

2008-09 Hockey Top 10

CM Hockey is back with 2 wins at Bc high and at MC

Sections
Shortcuts