1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greatestfan. Show greatestfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]Yea hingham is a pretty dirty team. he only pretty much plays his first line. nda was in it up until five minutes left in the second period. if they even think the have a shot a the d1 champs. better think again. you are by no means the best team in the state. neither is the first line of that team.hopefully kristy kennedy takes one of them out. so watch out hingham[/Quote]

What a nasty comment, g18! It's pretty sad to think that people want high school hockey players to get hurt by other players. Shame on you for naming someone to do that! FYI, Hingham played 3 lines the entire game vs. NDA, and the fourth line in the third period. What game were you watching, or playing?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

Hey g18, whats up with this comment????????????

"hopefully name with held takes one of them out. so watch out hingham"

You should not be spouting this garbage, if you represent your team and your school and i'm sure you don't speak for them. This could be the worst thing that has ever been said here on this board and it's not welcome!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyclaus. Show hockeyclaus's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

Hats off to Hingham they are a very strong team and will go far in the D1 tourney. Today's game wasn't dirty by any means. It was a tough hard fought game by both sides, but far from dirty. Hingham's first line is very talented offensively (maybe the best around in 2009) and they were on the ice for 5 of the 7 goals but also for both of the goals NDA scored as well. I wish Hingham the best, they are a class act from the players to the coaches to the fans and they deserve the best. Best of luck to them the rest of the way.
    HC

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xj9. Show xj9's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

Final: St. Mary's 2, Fontbonne1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

Final: Winchester 1/ Reading 2 close game evenly match teams but Readings Goalie was just a on her game. I've seen better ref't games sub par officiating

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

Doubleheader in Arlington today
    Arlington 2(ENG) - Waltham 0
    AC 5 - Boston Latin 3

Upset Special
    Newton North 1 - Walpole 0

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]Final: St. Mary's 2, Fontbonne1[/Quote]Where is the recap?? What happened??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from homesar. Show homesar's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]Come on Larry, I know you've got something good to add to this discussion. Please don't let me down. Me, I'm staying out of this one, I don't have a dog in this fight.[/Quote] LOOKS LIKE A SLAPFIGHT TO ME. THESE TWO DESERVE EACH OTHER

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xj9. Show xj9's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]Where is the recap?? What happened??[/Quote]

St. Mary's domminated most of the game but late in the 1st fontbonne scored on a break-away. Then in the second St. Mary's tied it up on an amazing shot that went top corner. Then with 5min?ish St. Mary's scored on a PP. With less than a min. to play fontbonne went on the PP with the goalie pulled. If there had been another second on the clock they would have tied the game. The puck went in after time ran out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from g18. Show g18's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

not from any school just watching in the stands

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from greatestfan. Show greatestfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]It really is a shame.. all of these kids wether they're playing all game or barely ever get to see the ice have to work hard, wake up at unGodly hours to practice because they love the sport. They're in high school.. there's no reason whatsoever they should be trashed on the internet by people who don't know them and have probably seen them play once, and having their names thrown out there like they're going to take a run at somebody.. I'm thoroughly disgusted to be honest.[/Quote]
    I totally agree, HockeyLover! Any girl playing high school hockey or any sport is to be commended. Most of these girls have worked hard for ten years or more to get where they are today. Let's hope they bring CLASS and not TRASH to this male dominated sport.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

In the games I have seen this year, the officiating has been for the most part horrendous. Girls rules differ from boys rules and the officials need to learn these differences and enforce them. The most egregious infractions seems to be in front of the net. Players are allowed to crosscheck or ptichfork players to the ice with impunity. Whether you agree with the girls rules or not, they must be enforced as they are written. The MIAA need to look long and hard at this topic. As girls hockey continues to grow, it is important to groom officials in calling the womens game. In the last couple of years I have seen things allowed at girls games that would not be allowed in a bopys game. I have been a hockey fan since birth and seen countless games at all levels. I enjoy a fast hard fought game, but two handed slashes, crosschecks, elbows etc are not part of this sport.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Poet. Show The-Poet's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]
    You have not been to many games then - I think the ref's were pretty fair on both sides. They called the obvious stuff and let the girls play.[/Quote]

They were fighting and clawing
    All thru the night.
    The parents were shouting,
    This isn't right.
    They were close to a giant upset,
    It was there for the Ducks,
    But they lost another close one,
    For them that really sucks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from homesar. Show homesar's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

I finally took a look at EMASSHOCKEY's rankings. They use the Rating Percentage Index(RPI) algorithm, which though it has a couple flaws is actually pretty decent and is a big piece of the USCHO PWR rankings, which has correctly 'predicted' the NCAA tournament field for Men's Ice Hockey for years. It uses strength of schedule.[edit:Factors involved are 1) the team's winning percentage; 2) the average winning percentage of the team's opponents; and 3) the average winning percentage of the team's opponents' opponents. These factors are multiplied by 25%, 21%, and 54% respectively]I do have a question as to how they're using it relative to D1 and D2, which I sent them. Bottom line though is that at least in other instances it is a very good tool and probably a good complement to icing's poll.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

To all those who want to mock specific players for whatever reason;
    It is cowardly to sit behind a keyboard and trash players. Of the games I have seen this year that I consider to have have been overly physical( dirty), there are no angels. That includes AB/Waltham/Fontbonne/Hingham/Latin/among others. Plenty of blame to go around. It is up top the officials to clean this up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Change-Up. Show Change-Up's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

Has anyone noticed a trend between "day" games and Night/Weekend games in terms of the Officiating? With the better officiated games at night/weekend.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

ABS, I have seen your team play and it is a physical team. That's hockey granted. I have seen your team "pitchfork players to the ice" and two hand crosscheck players in the back to the ice in a game. That is not physical, that is dirty.
    I have seen the other teams I mentioned do the same thing. That is not women's hockey. I have seen countless womens college games called tighter than many MIAA girls games. Crosschecks, slashes, hits from behind constitute dirty play in my book. The teams I mentioned are guilty of this. The refs are also guilty of looking the other way or being too apatghetic to blowe the whistle. I recall canton vs Woburn final a couple of years ago. Canton tried to rough up Woburn and it cost them. Woburn coasted to the title. was Woburn physical? Yes, dirty No IMHO. And I have no daughters playing now or previously.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

abgirls fan. That is the only point I am trying to make. I guess I wasn't "wrong"

I think if a parent/coach encourages dirty play then they have to be willing for their daughter/player to be subjected to the same. Most times when "their" kid gets hit it is an outrage.

Time to clean the game out, take out the stickwork/Hits from behind/crosschecks etc. Physical yes, dirty no.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

Homesar.

The teams I listed were teams I have SEEN PLAY. Of course there are other teams that engage in this behavior. and just because a ref is allowing two hand crosschecks from behind that does not make it right. I have seen countless hockey games both men and womens and I think I have a fair idea of the rules.

I hope to see more teams in the next few weeks, if so I will report on them

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote][Quote]
    abgirls fan. That is the only point I am trying to make. I guess I wasn't "wrong"

I think if a parent/coach encourages dirty play then they have to be willing for their daughter/player to be subjected to the same. Most times when "their" kid gets hit it is an outrage.

Time to clean the game out, take out the stickwork/Hits from behind/crosschecks etc. Physical yes, dirty no.
    [/Quote]

Are you implying that I am advocating this type of play. Please re-read my posts and you'll see exactly what I'm saying. I have in no way called this behavior appropriate. We have benched girls during the game for that type of play. how am I or coaches encouraging this type of play.[/Quote]
    I am NOT implying your coach or you condones this. I think it is true that many people start to complain when it is their kid on the receiving end. I think AB has a very classy and competent coach who does a great job preparing his team. I never intended to imply that. I witnessed a game earlier this year where a parent was encouraging dangerous dirty play. Late in the game, her daughter was hit with a cheap shot and and she went over the top. This was what I was alluding to.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote][Quote][Quote]

[/Quote]

Are you implying that I am advocating this type of play. Please re-read my posts and you'll see exactly what I'm saying. I have in no way called this behavior appropriate. We have benched girls during the game for that type of play. how am I or coaches encouraging this type of play.[/Quote]
    I am NOT implying your coach or you condones this. I think it is true that many people start to complain when it is their kid on the receiving end. I think AB has a very classy and competent coach who does a great job preparing his team. I never intended to imply that. I witnessed a game earlier this year where a parent was encouraging dangerous dirty play. Late in the game, her daughter was hit with a cheap shot and and she went over the top. This was what I was alluding to.[/Quote]
    I would like to add it was not an AB game

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

Thanks. I re read my post and didn't express myself very well

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

If a team plays a physical game and a handful of its players go over the top, then that team may be labeled as a dirty team. Unfair to label the whole squad, maybe. The teams I saw player each ahd a handful of oplayers who take things too far in my opinion. Maybe I should re phrase it and say I have seen the following teams play and each of these teams has players who go over the edge with physicality having dirty. Are there fully dirty teams out there( where most of the team is over the top) Yes. It doesn't mean every player on that team is dirty, but unfairly you get labeled with everyone else.

Many of the highly skilled players past and present that I have seen were/are "targets" for the other team. This can go from tight marking or shadows to outright goonery. Anyone calling for someone to :"take her out" needs to re evaluate their perspective.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from iced-t. Show iced-t's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]

... My daughter, is always getting beaten up during the game. She is clearly the best player on the ice and gets hacked, slashed, hit from behind the whole game purely out of frustration of opposing players. Every time she steps on the ice, there is a bullseye on her. ...[/Quote]

Please enlighten me -- who is this "clearly the best player on the ice" whenever AB deigns to contest a hockey game with lesser teams? Alas, I only saw AB once so far -- maybe it was unaccountably less obvious that day so that an uninformed clown such as I was unable to perceive her surpassing magnificence?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from justhavefun. Show justhavefun's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]why are the 2 D-1 teams playing D-2 teams ? why not do a quick swap and send AB down to Lynn..........let the D-2's battle it out...would be much better to watch[/Quote]

Waltham is in AB's league. Have to play each other twice.
    Where you been Paycheck. DI teams always play D2 teams in theri league

Sections
Shortcuts