1. You have chosen to ignore posts from homesar. Show homesar's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

an interesting read.
    http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/high_school/general/view.bg?articleid=1149015

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]
    magellan,
    want me to attack SMH to divert attention? Seriously though, it is an issue that is bigger than AB, and I personally am also annoyed by the posters claiming to 'set the record straight' who provide misinformation. There's a lot I don't know, but when they make statements that contradict what I do know, I post.[/Quote]

Attack, Why are you being mean?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]Magellan,
    I would like to see a new poll as well. Who do you think will play SMH for the top honors this year? Any guesses? I happened to like your goalie so if our team doesn't make it I will cheer for SMH.

Iced-T,
    I am sure the answer to your question can be found in one of ABGF's previous posts where he names three girls as top in the league. Must be one of them.

Poet,
    Thanks![/Quote]

Higham, I hope there on the other side of the bracket.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]rocketfan,
    I find it 'interesting' that you imply that the parents 'consent' should have been sought.

I don't disagree that middle school waivers should be to sustain a program.Exactly what that means is not easy to say, as context counts. For co-op, it does not seem to me to be exactly the same. The 'guest' schools hhould be considered also.[/Quote]

Homsar,
    I said "Consent or knowledge" I believe that a public school program should be looking for input from their feeder program director(s), captain(S), booster(s) ect... before looking to make such a huge decision that will effect a player(s) who by right have a work their way through the "system" and then are told things have changed! i'm saying the people with the most invested in the program should have some input that all!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from homesar. Show homesar's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]

Homsar,
    I said "Consent or knowledge" I believe that a public school program should be looking for input from their feeder program director(s), captain(S), booster(s) ect... before looking to make such a huge decision that will effect a player(s) who by right have a work their way through the "system" and then are told things have changed! i'm saying the people with the most invested in the program should have some input that all![/Quote]
    I guess that's a valid position. If it needs saying, I disagree. Plus, as I noted, the guest schools are part of the picture too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]
    It appeared that some took some of my earlier comments on SMH as attacks. I was being facetious(sp), just as you are, I think[/Quote]

SMH has taken many attacks over the last couple of years, but were still standing. ( or skating I guess. )

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketfan. Show rocketfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]
    I guess that's a valid position. If it needs saying, I disagree. Plus, as I noted, the guest schools are part of the picture too.[/Quote]

Homsar,
    The guest school has to follow the same requirements as the host school... principal,AD,school committee and the league votes if players are being sent from one league to another..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Downtown11. Show Downtown11's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

New Globe poll just in- Lynn English #6 AC #15 Seems the experts have been watching.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Downtown11. Show Downtown11's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]

Having seen both teams play - there is no comparison between AC/Lynn English. AC has had to play all the Division I heavyweights while Lynn English has played Sawsheen

Did u see Sawsheen play? Get it seesaw

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Downtown11. Show Downtown11's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]I like the Lynn English team. It's a great story. Is this a combo English, Classical, Winthrop team ?

.........Folks, this is a feel good story, a bunch of girls wanting to play high school hockey. lets handle this gently and wish them good luck and not debate/destroy them. Let them have a fun ride, then let them find there way in the tournament.[/Quote]

Have u found the lord down there in florida. we must change your name to sweety.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from homesar. Show homesar's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]Homesar, or should I be addressing you as Pig-Pen?

The beeping that you hear is only in your head.

Answer my outstanding questions and then I will be delighted to address yours.

I will also add another one for you to ponder.

It is the elephant in the room. If girls public high school hockey has improved so much through the years, then how come 8th graders, can still have such an impact? This is not directed any team so don't start rolling in the dirt again. Darling.[/Quote]
    Sorry,dear, even those for whom English is a second language can see the difference between "Assabet" and "Assabet red team(s)".(How do I know? I ran it by Downtown .) Perhaps your intent was to discuss "red", but the road to hell...(BTW, to the best of my knowledge,two of the three are WHITE team.GASP!)
    If you're such a student of my posts, you'll know that I have said I was wrong and said someone I was 'disputing with' had a good point. Maybe you could learn from a dirtball?

I posted what I know about the former JV skaters. Green has posted that the waiver request was made after the pre-season meeting. I don't know the plans of the 8th graders for HS. Your "prep/public" question was specifically directed to abgf, I thought. IMO, that one would need to be more narrowly defined-maybe where 14 Red players who are not yet in HS end up. The older teams are a chicken/egg thing, as they often have a good percentage of girls from 'outside'.

I will ponder your new question, but my first response is that that's like arguing men's college hockey hasn't improved because there are true freshmen who are impact players.

Oh, and insomnia sux.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockey4eva. Show Hockey4eva's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

why pick on a starter team like Shawsheen. Don't those girls deserve credit for getting out there every game? Let's support teams so that girls hockey doesn't disappear. Heard that team has very few skaters that ever played before and a goalie who never skated at all before. Read she stopped 51 shots one game??? Don't drag them into AC vs Lynn, both who have been around a while. Apples and Oranges. Let's be positive. Good luck to all teams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

Magellan I posted this Friday but here is the one as of last Friday. I am sure there will be a lot more movement this Friday

AS OF FRIDAY 1/30/09

Division 1
    1-St Mary’s Lynn 14-0-0 (1)
    2-Acton/Boxborough 11-0-2 (3)
    3-Hingham High 11-2-0 (4)
    4-Arlington High 11-1-2 (6)
    5-WakefieldHigh 6-0-1 (9)
    6-Woburn High 10-2-1 (2)
    7-Andover High 9-2-1 (NR)
    8-Lexington High 6-1-5 (10)
    9-Arlington Catholic 9-4-1 (8)
    10-Chelmsford High 8-1-3 (NR)

Division 2
    1-Fontbonne Academy 7-3-1 (NR)
    2-Wellsley High 10-1-3 (NR)
    3-Notre Dame Academy 7-5-2 (NR)
    4-Milton High 9-1-2 (1)
    5-Duxbury High 9-2-1 (3)
    6-Whitman-Hansen-Pembroke 8-1-3 (4)
    7-Winchester 7-3-2 (NR)
    8-Walpole High 8-4-2 (10)
    9-Falmouth High 6-3-2 (NR)
    10-Concord-Carlisle HS 6-3-3 (NR)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Downtown11. Show Downtown11's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]

not to be rude but do the globe have any idea what they are doing? Lynn English #6 and Fontbonne #17? who has Lynn English played? who have they beat to deserve #6 cmon really? they played only 4 teams with above .500 records and lost to 2 of them.... if you take the other 8 teams they played (excluding the teams they lost too) they have a combined 30-59-8 record (well below .500).... they havent played one team in the top 15 on masshshockey rankings and lost to the #18 ranked team.... please put some thought into these polls if ur gonna post them and not just go by record! i'd like to see them beat AC or Fontbonne who are ranked 9 & 11 spots behind them. how can you call the people who have done this poll "experts"?[/Quote]

If your going to get in a poll the Globe poll is the one. It's the biggest paper in town. Fontbonne now is a D2 team so i don't know if they should be compared to a D1 team. see their in icings poll now in d2

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

For the record, I am still here and I am NOT green15, although I have pretty much figured out who that is, and that is another story for another day. Still reading and still shaking my head. I will not respond to any more negative posts where a ceratin percentage of you want to cherry pick information and spin it to fit your own arguments.
    Welcome to the no spin zone, my favorite TV show.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]

not to be rude but do the globe have any idea what they are doing? Lynn English #6 and Fontbonne #17? who has Lynn English played? who have they beat to deserve #6 cmon really? they played only 4 teams with above .500 records and lost to 2 of them.... if you take the other 8 teams they played (excluding the teams they lost too) they have a combined 30-59-8 record (well below .500).... they havent played one team in the top 15 on masshshockey rankings and lost to the #18 ranked team.... please put some thought into these polls if ur gonna post them and not just go by record! i'd like to see them beat AC or Fontbonne who are ranked 9 & 11 spots behind them. how can you call the people who have done this poll "experts"?[/Quote]The globe seems to use strickly records. Mashshockey uses a computer program, Iuse what I have seen with my eyes and with the help of my friends. I suppose the computer rankings from emass is most accurate as it is right inline with what the NCAA uses to form their tournament. Remember polls are just for fun. In the end the MIAA uses strictly winning pct for the tourney, so take "Polls" for what they are worth, someones opinion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]

Why do you always dump on teams. I got to see Shawsheen play, they are a young team trying to build a team. they are the only tech school playing in girls hockey in mass. No waviers for girls that don't go to the school. The goalie never played before getting over 50 shots a game. And it's hard to get into that school then most private schools, girls don't go there to just play hockey. You should think before you put teams down. Support and build girls hockey, don't put it down.[/Quote]I do not think anyone is dumping on Shawsheen, the person making the comparison was simply looking at their record. As a parent from one of the towns that supplys Shawsheen with students I think they have done a remarkable job getting that program off the ground considering that 3 of the 5 towns (Burlington, Billerica and Wilmington) all have their own teams.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]remember the words, but can't find the post about the jab at Shawsheen, however, I'm pretty sure it came from one of the D-1 guys....kinda ironic picking on them when u see the 40-0 team facing off this week against MSJ @ 0-10-1 and Ursey @ 5-8-0. I'm sure both teams are playing hard and enjoying thier season.

Good luck Shawsheen, hope to see the numbers up and get better.[/Quote]

There was no jab against Shawsheen - only a notation that English has played them and a few of the other Division II teams. Why do you always think that people are putting down other teams. No where did I say they were a bad team I was only making a comparison that AC played Divsion I teams and English played Division II teams. Not only did I mention Shawsheen but I also mentioned Beverly and a few other teams that I actually saw them play!

Stop looking into things and stirring up the pot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from justhavefun. Show justhavefun's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]

The number is exactly 16, counting two goalies, that leaves 14 skaters, not enough. Has anyone ever seen the Boston Latin bench on game night, they have to bring in extra lawn chairs because there is barely enough room on the bench. I'll count them this afternoon, I know there is at least 20.[/Quote]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from justhavefun. Show justhavefun's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]

The number is exactly 16, counting two goalies, that leaves 14 skaters, not enough. Has anyone ever seen the Boston Latin bench on game night, they have to bring in extra lawn chairs because there is barely enough room on the bench. I'll count them this afternoon, I know there is at least 20.[/Quote]

So what's your point about Boston Latin? The only reason there are so many players on the bench is because the coach won't cut anyone. Anyone that trys out and shows up to practice he gives a uniform.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]

So what's your point about Boston Latin? The only reason there are so many players on the bench is because the coach won't cut anyone. Anyone that trys out and shows up to practice he gives a uniform.[/Quote]

No point. 27 players dressed and on the bench Friday evening.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]

No point. 27 players dressed and on the bench Friday evening.[/Quote]27?? MIAA allows 22 if more were dressed then it was approved by the other teams coach.

What is the point? or just a point of Information.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]27?? MIAA allows 22 if more were dressed then it was approved by the other teams coach.

What is the point? or just a point of Information.
    [/Quote]

Just a point of information that's all. Not approved by anyone. Same number in the previous game with them. Makes no difference to me, they certainly did not play all 27.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

3 rather big games this week,
    Wakefield at Hingham
    Arlington @ Acton/Boxborough
    Milton at Fontbonne

What are some thoughts

IMHO
    Hingham 4 Wakefield 1
    Arlington 2 AB 1
    Fontbonne 4 Milton 2

Your opinions??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from iced-t. Show iced-t's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]
    As for Iced-4; I humbly suggest you draft up some proposed changes that would make sence for kids in your sons predicament; there are many. Maybe you channel some of the energy and can find out a few more names of kids in the same situation and band togather to get some changes that are fair and make sense.
    [/Quote]

As I noted in my post about delving into the MIAA Handbook; the rules are already reasonable and clear in that case. If the review board had followed the rules reasonably they would have allowed our waiver. The problem is that they don't, as you pointed out, waive the 4 year rule as it applies to individual kids who need a helping hand to get back on track even though their own rules clearly say they could and should.

On the other hand, it appears the MIAA grants waivers of its Rule 53 without much consideration of the merits of the clams of harm or the fitness of the remedy. There is no language in the Handbook that spells out the considerations to use in Rule 53 waiver rulings.

Sections
Shortcuts