1. You have chosen to ignore posts from homesar. Show homesar's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]

With hinghams loss to wakefield and if arlington loses tonight lynn english should move up to Globes #4 spot in rankings this week. especially if they beat d1 wilmington tonight[/Quote]
    almost an hour and no bites, dt. Though I see you're trying to get abgf now...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from homesar. Show homesar's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]New RPI poll put out by herald has SMH #1 Woburn #2 Hingham #3 Acton boxboro #4 and Fontbonne #5 I think it's pretty good moving AB down due to weak schedule and moving Fontbonne up with its very difficult schedule and close games with Smh.[/Quote]
    AB was 4 in the last herald RPI with the exact same RPI value. SMH value changed by only .001 even with Hingham win...
    I may be off but I think Herald gives more weight to opponent's opponent's winning percentage than the massHShockey. Did you notice where Lynn English was?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Downtown11. Show Downtown11's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]
    almost an hour and no bites, dt. Though I see you're trying to get abgf now...[/Quote]
    we'll see this week but i do believe they'll move up another notch in poll.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from homesar. Show homesar's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

We're at 937 comments. I'll do some deleting later.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LARRY1990. Show LARRY1990's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]AB vs. Arligton looks like the big game for tonight.[/Quote]

Thank God these 2 teams are playing somebody even if it's each other so maybe we can get some movement in these polls. Wayland ' Weston, Westford Acadamy. Enough said!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dan24. Show Dan24's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

please help how can I fix the text to read the full comments????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

Final Score AB 1 Arlington 0

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]Final Score AB 1 Arlington 0[/Quote]Well where is the recap?? I would of liked to be there but I had to freeze my butt off in Arlington (Where AC beat Austin 6-3 on Senior Night outshooting them 34-15)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dan24. Show Dan24's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

on 2/3/09 Chelmsford 6 Medford 0

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

Icing-

I will recap the game as soon as the site is working properly. I think everyone is having the same probelm with the text on the right side being cut off. Hope fully it will be fixed soon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from iced-t. Show iced-t's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]AB/Arlington game was one to remember.
    Both teams fought extremely hard but just could not put it in the net.
    Some unwarranted penalties called on AB, one with about 4 minutes left, and one with 15 seconds left on the last penalty.
    AB goalie played phenomenally, stood on her head and earned the shutout defending against a 6 on 3, then 6 on 4.[/Quote]

It's hardly the case that the unwarranted calls and non-calls went only against AB. Plus one ref seemed to block a lot of AHS's attempts to clear the zone and start a rush.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Downtown11. Show Downtown11's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]Lynn E/C Still has 4 tough games (for them) 1 with Beverly (which they lost to at home) 1 with Wilmington (which they lost to at home) 1 with Austin Prep and 1 with Masco. Look for a 12-6 final record[/Quote]

Lynn classical 10 -2 over wilmington.They should be moving up the globe applecart this week past hingham and arlington to at least number four or higher. wow

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from homesar. Show homesar's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

From the Lowell Sun

Top scorer Brittany Soar broke a scoreless tie with just 2:28 to play as the undefeated Acton-Boxboro High girls hockey team took over first place in the Dual County League with a tense 1-0 squeeze past top challenger Arlington High last night at the Valley Sports Arena in Concord.
    Girls hockey
    Elsewhere locally, powerhouse Chelmsford continued to roll along with a 2-1 squeaker over Andover.
    A-B is currently ranked No. 2 in the state in Division 1, behind St. Mary's of Lynn, while Chelmsford is tops in Division 2.
    Acton-Boxboro 1
    Arlington 0
    Goalie Katelyn Walter made 16 saves on the way to her seventh shutout of the season.
    Soar's clincher was assisted by Katie Goguen.
    Acton-Boxboro moves to 13-0-2 overall, including 12-0-1 in the Dual County League, while Arlington slips to 11-2-2 overall and 8-1-2 league.
    Chelmsford 2
    Andover 1
    CHS goalie Ashley Eagen's clutch kick save in the final seconds, while surrounded by a swarm of attacking players, saved this victory in a league showdown at the Chelmsford Forum.
    Chelmsford (11-1-3) is now in first place in the Middlesex Valley/Greater Boston League, unbeaten at 8-0-1, while Andover falls to 10-1-1 in the league.
    The Lions took a 1-0 lead with 4:22 left in the second period when forward Nicole Atkins scored on an assist from Sam Hanson.
    Chelmsford got the actual game-winner with 11:43 left in the second period as Jamie O'Brien connected on assists

CHELMSFORD 2, ANDOVER 1
    at Chelmsford Forum, Billerica
    Chelmsford 0 1 1 -- 2
    Andover 0 0 1 -- 1
    FIRST PERIOD: No scoring.
    SECOND PERIOD: 1. C, Nicole Atkins (Sam Hanson), 9:38.
    THIRD PERIOD: 2. C, Jamie O'Brien (Hanson, Julie Simard) 4:17. 3. A, Sarah Oteri (Laura Cahill) 8:00.
    Shots by period: Chelmsford, 5-5-5--15; Andover, 4-7-2--13, Goalies: C, Ashley Eagan (13 shots, 12 saves); Andover, Megan Petteruto (15 shots, 13 saves). Records: Chelmsford, 11-1-3, 8-0-1 Middlesex Valley/Greater Boston); Andover 10-1-1 (MV/GBL).
    ACTON-BOXBORO 1, ARLINGTON 0
    at Valley Sports, W. Concord
    Arlington 0 0 0 -- 0
    Acton-Boxboro 0 0 1 -- 1
    FIRST PERIOD: No scoring.
    SECOND PERIOD: No scoring.
    THIRD PERIOD: 1. AB, Brittany Soar (Katie Goguen), 11:32.
    Shots by period: Arlington 2-4-10-16, Acton-Boxboro 6-6-5-17. Goalies: AB, Katelyn Walter (16 shots, 16 saves), 7th shutout. Arl, Kim Hayward (17 shots, 16 saves). Penalties: Acton-Boxboro 4, Arlington 2. Records: Acton-Boxboro 13-0-2, 12-0-1 DCL; Arlington 11-2-2, 8-1-2 DCL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Downtown11. Show Downtown11's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]

That is possible and if it happens there will be a lot of teams licking their chops hoping they get on that side of bracket. Up until last week the teams seemed to be in their proper divisions. The MIAA need to seed the Tourney somehow using the RPI system like the MASSHSRANKING. SMH,WOBURN,HINGHAM,ARLINGTON,AB,AC, WAKEFIELD are all playing each other and knocking one another off. I have no problem with a team asking up to a D1 tournament but when you don't play any tough teams it in some way ruins the seeding system. If the MIAA is throwing teams in divisions just because of their size and leaving out the human element of looking at these teams and seeing how they're progressing then they are making a big mistake and in my opinion just butchered the upcoming tournament. Also Wakefield just beat Hingham 5-3 after losing to Woburn 7-2. I give up trying to predict any of these other games.[/Quote]

if season ended now the top 3 seeds would be SMH at #1 . AB and lynn english on top of other side of bracket at #2 and #3. maybe easiest side of bracket ever in girls hockey. hope u have your lucky charm.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

Does anyone know how to fix this site.
    I am losing all of the right side
    text. It is happening only on the
    girls hockey page.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

I suggest we stop using this page and move all discussion to:
    http://people.boston.com/forums/sports/highschool/other/?p=discussiondetails&activityid=6908325837280694434

Maybe this will fix the problem

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from iced-t. Show iced-t's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]
    Arlington's power play was definitely notable, I think they might've taken too long to shoot though, seemed to be waiting that extra second too long.[/Quote]

I agree -- I was pleading for them to shoot -- put it in play; hope for a rebound or stop the clock; get it to the girl fighting for position in front of the net. Too hard to get a clean shot.

Of course I never played a second of hockey.

Now I am hoping AHS can win the rest of its games and AB drops two at the end. Ending up tied for the tournament seeding. It could happen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey