1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Downtown11. Show Downtown11's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

Who would have ever thought that both the lynn teams could be the #1 and #2 teams in the tournament? 16-2 should do it

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Downtown11. Show Downtown11's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

chelmsford,milton,whp all the old d2 teams will be seeded higher than hingham it looks wow what a mess

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

AB vs. Arligton looks like the big game for tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Garmin. Show Garmin's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]Who would have ever thought that both the lynn teams could be the #1 and #2 teams in the tournament? 16-2 should do it[/Quote]Lynn E/C Still has 4 tough games (for them) 1 with Beverly (which they lost to at home) 1 with Wilmington (which they lost to at home) 1 with Austin Prep and 1 with Masco. Look for a 12-6 final record

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from justhavefun. Show justhavefun's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]

Corrosive-

I just wanted to make one point about your post. I'm not sure about last year, but last Friday, Boston Latin had 3 goalies dressed. I'm not sure what it means, if anything. Just wanted to point it out.[/Quote]

S. Elvin has been the one and only goalie for the last 5 years. This is the first year Latin has dressed more than one goalie. They are new to the school this year and just happen to be goalies. In the past, during the playoffs, because the rules state you must dress more than one goalie, they dressed a regular skater.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Garmin. Show Garmin's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]AB vs. Arligton looks like the big game for tonight.[/Quote]Chelmsford vs Andover is just as big!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]I like the "texture" of the board posts much better over the past few day's...... cheers !!![/Quote]

Ok. Where's the weather update for the day?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from homesar. Show homesar's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]I like the "texture" of the board posts much better over the past few day's...... cheers !!![/Quote]
    You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from iced-t. Show iced-t's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

How's your letter-writing campaign going?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]77 and sunny today....[/Quote]

Arrgh!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

Homesar-

What is your take on the game tonight? Can't wrap up the league tonight but can come very close.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]Homesar-

What is your take on the game tonight? Can't wrap up the league tonight but can come very close.[/Quote]

How does that work with the DCL? Are there two league titles (large and small) or is there a single champion?

I think the answer was given before but I forget - its an age thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]

How does that work with the DCL? Are there two league titles (large and small) or is there a single champion?

I think the answer was given before but I forget - its an age thing.[/Quote]

Only 1 title, so it really doesn't make any sense to call them large/small.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from homesar. Show homesar's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]Homesar-

What is your take on the game tonight? Can't wrap up the league tonight but can come very close.[/Quote]
    I look for AB to prevail in a low scoring game. I'm sure both teams are up for the game. League title is I'm sure a goal for both teams and a worthwhile one, but beating Arlington in and of itself is to me more important. Extremely good for the mindset for those last two games too...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]
    I look for AB to prevail in a low scoring game. I'm sure both teams are up for the game. League title is I'm sure a goal for both teams and a worthwhile one, but beating Arlington in and of itself is to me more important. Extremely good for the mindset for those last two games too...[/Quote]

Agreed. AB doesn't score much but we give up even less. Given up only 11 goals this season, second only to Andover (8). I think the league title is important to the girls being as they haven't won a title in 8 years and will give them a lot of motivation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]

Agreed. AB doesn't score much but we give up even less. Given up only 11 goals this season, second only to Andover (8). I think the league title is important to the girls being as they haven't won a title in 8 years and will give them a lot of motivation.[/Quote]2 were to AHS in a matter of minutes. After seeing both teams paly more than a couple of times this year IMHO if AHS gets a lead I do not see AB coming from behind. I kind of see this on as a 2 (or 3) to 1 game most likely with AHS on top.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]2 were to AHS in a matter of minutes. After seeing both teams paly more than a couple of times this year IMHO if AHS gets a lead I do not see AB coming from behind. I kind of see this on as a 2 (or 3) to 1 game most likely with AHS on top.[/Quote]

I don't see it. The AB defense is very stout, had a 2-0 lead on AHS last time with about 6 minutes left in the game. AB played the last part of that game differently from the rest of the game, they sat back for some reason and it cost them two goals. If AB shuts down the capt. they probably win.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]

I don't see it. The AB defense is very stout, had a 2-0 lead on AHS last time with about 6 minutes left in the game. AB played the last part of that game differently from the rest of the game, they sat back for some reason and it cost them two goals. If AB shuts down the capt. they probably win.[/Quote]well we shall see in a few hours

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]well we shall see in a few hours[/Quote]

Yup, that's why they play the games on the ice instead of in the computer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from homesar. Show homesar's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]

Agreed. AB doesn't score much but we give up even less. Given up only 11 goals this season, second only to Andover (8).[/Quote]
    Who has seen Andover? Their GAA is impressive, though their league is not the strongest one out there. Good D? Great goalie? They do have some tough opponents as they finish out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from homesar. Show homesar's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]

I was not aware that you were AB-philic.

I think this could go either way. Both teams are low scoring. Have even records against each other and against the rest of the DCL.[/Quote]
    As a resident I back all AB teams, though I try to be objective(as much as any of us can be) about them. At this point I only 'know' two girls on the team.edit: and I may have written poorly. My "to me" was not so much that I want to beat Arlington, but that I thought that would be more meaningful than any progress towards the league title. Though of course Arlington is the other contender.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]
    Who has seen Andover? Their GAA is impressive, though their league is not the strongest one out there. Good D? Great goalie? They do have some tough opponents as they finish out.[/Quote]They have Chelmsford tonightand still have Wakefield and Arlington on the schedule. They have taken care of their business so far. Tonight they have a tpugh game, they tied Chelmsford earlier in the season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from homesar. Show homesar's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]They have Chelmsford tonightand still have Wakefield and Arlington on the schedule. They have taken care of their business so far. Tonight they have a tpugh game, they tied Chelmsford earlier in the season.[/Quote]
    I'm assuming if you have seen them you would have said?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]
    I'm assuming if you have seen them you would have said?[/Quote]Saw them at the Summitt, would not use that as any sort of measuring stick.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Downtown11. Show Downtown11's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

New RPI poll put out by herald has SMH #1 Woburn #2 Hingham #3 Acton boxboro #4 and Fontbonne #5 I think it's pretty good moving AB down due to weak schedule and moving Fontbonne up with its very difficult schedule and close games with Smh.

Sections
Shortcuts