1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

here is a list of familiar names.who would you guys like to see land here?

RB,s-brandon jacobs,ricky willams,rudi johnson,darren sproles,dominac rhodes
    WR,s-tj houshmandzadeh,ashlie lelie,amani toomer
    OL-matt birk,mike goff,jorden gross,pete kendal,seth mckinney,john welbourne,jeff saturday.
    DL-julias peppers,albert haynesworth,terrel suggs,bertrand berry,chris canty,jovan haye,tank johnson marcus tubbs,.
    LB,s-ray lewis,eric barton,karlos dansby,mike peterson,bart scott,johnathan vilma,channing crowder,carlos polk,tyjuan hagler.willie mcginnest.
    DB-Nnamdi ASomugha,mike brown,brian dawkins,dunta robinson,chris gamble,phillip buchanon,bryant mcfaddin,justin miller,darren sharper,jermaine phillips,allen rossum,lawyer milloy,jabari greer,allen rossum.
    this isnt counting the players that could be released.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

I tell you what the OL players look intrigueing.if we can sign a couple players out of this list I cant see us doing anything wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

keep in mind alot of the top players on that list will be franchised, or resigned............nice to see some of those names, but in reality, very few top players will be available IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

Great FA group this season.

The only Rb thatis remotely interesting to me is Sproles, and given the Turner fiasco and LT's inevitable decline I see SD getting white knuckled to hold on to him. Jacobs won't come here because he has made it clear that he wants all the reps and he is about the worst Rb to run in a spread formation, and wouldn't like watching Faulk from the sidelines. Rudi Johnson was marginal to being with, and is done in the NFL.

Gross and Goff are good players, but if NE is going to be signing OL I havea feeling their wn guys will come first. Than again, if they can get a player like Gross for half of what Mankins wants they may bite.

Forget about Housh and the rest. They either stink, or make no sense here at what they will want.

What really stinks is that three players that Pats could use might be franchised.

Suggs, Dansby and Asomugha were all franchised last season.

We will see if their teams like paying 20% more than their last contract.

I think Suggs got $8.5 million and Dansby got $8 million last season, because Dansby signed his offer sheet in April bringing the curve up for the highest paid at his position.

Suggs will command all eight and a half million as a FA, while Dansby will have his contract set by Suggs, and will get a little less.

It remains to be seen if either team (especially the Ravens whoare in cpa trouble AND have tons of quality FA's to sign this season) will feel comfortable offering them $10 million dollars to play linebacker.

If neither player is franchised I see the Pats taking one of them. Especially Suggs. I think with his skills (68 tkl, 9PDEf, 2INT , 2FF, 2TD!!, and 8 sacks) he is the most versatile player out there. He has experience in 3-4, 4-3 and of course in 42. He can play up or down. This is the "rare" free agent I could see NE extending a large offer to, especially considering he is only 26 and has yet to really enter his prime. Suggs and Thomas on the outside would wreak havok, as they can both blitz, man a gap, set an edge, and cover out of the backfield.

Dansby is more of a fit inside than outside, but in all honesty he is so physicaly gifted I could see him playing either like Adalius does. Adding either of these players gives NE the best LB corps in football. Period.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

Oh and that Cb group is great too.

Asomugha is a nice dream, but unless he is willing to accept less than he can get elsewhere, I have trouble seeing NE paying a CB more than they pay Tom Brady.

You could sign Dunta Robinson and Bryant McFadden who are two quality corners for less than it will cost to get Asomugha.

And Champ Bailey is also a player to watch. There is a small chance he will be cut, considering the groin injuries he has fought through the last few seasons and the fact that he is due $16 million in unguaranteed dollars the next two seasons.

I don't think Denver should or will cut a player of his caliber in his prime, but if it happened, he could be the kind of "ringless" superstarr that would be would take less than his market worth to play here.

Gamble has never been as effective as he was his rookie season. He, IMO, would be better in NE's defense than in Carolina's based on his skill set.

Dunta Robinson has been injured that last two seasons, and really hasn't been great since his rookie season. I think he is a potential target based on the risk reward ratio he represents. He won't get the $$$ that Asomugha or even Gamble will get just based on his size and health, but if he stays healthy can be a slightly taller version of Hobbs.

Bryant McFadden is a player I really like here. He has played 3-4 his whole pro career, and isn't the fastest or quickest, but is smart, durable and really physical. His rookie contract is just ending and he never really started there, so his value is depressed. He is much better than Deltha O'neal so as a "value" addition he could be great. Plus, I have to admit I like the idea of grabbing another "Vrabel" type addition from Pittsburgh. LOL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

Definatly Channing Crowder. I want to see Light vs Crowder 1/11/111/1V /V . LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanBlake. Show PatsFanBlake's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

zbellino

I would love to see Suggs in a Pats unifrom that guy is just plain sick...he has great skills and seems very aware....if we got him and picked up a good LB in the draft I think our injection of youth into the LBs would be almost complete. Esp with Guyton,Woods and Crable(untested so far).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from papifan111. Show papifan111's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

NEED CORNER WILL PAY

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

You people never learn...the Pats will not pay heavily for an O-Line or a CB...you will not see any of those listed on our team. We are currently stacked at RB, there is no way that the Pats will look to get another one....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

[Quote]You people never learn...the Pats will not pay heavily for an O-Line or a CB...you will not see any of those listed on our team. We are currently stacked at RB, there is no way that the Pats will look to get another one....[/Quote]oh i beg the differ.i garruntee we will see one of these guys on our team next year.not everyone of these guys will demand big money.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

[Quote]I don't think we're going to do much if anything in free agency. I see the Pats going after some of their own key free agents and extending Light, Neal, Seymour, and Wilfork, and perhaps Hobbs, Gostkowski, Kaczur, O'Callaghan, and Mankins who will restricted free agents. The Pats players that just became free agents are not exactly the most important players for this team. Cassel will have whatever is done for him. James Sanders and Gaffney are probably the only key players of the group, though I'm sure BB would be happy to have Evans, Paxton, Hanson, Hochstein, Izzo, Wright, Williams, and Jordan back. The Pats might be able to get involved in the free agent class after the Cassel situation is dealt with. I would not believe that the best FA's will be available then and the Pats would want to figure out how to extend all those linemen.[/Quote]i have to ask who is a key guy that is a free agent this year?cassel will be franchised,and possibly moved.who we do have thats a free agent this year wont cost us much.gaffney,heath evans,lamont jorden,deltha o-neil,larry izzo.no i dont see much money comeing out for these guys.i agree we will try,and get some contract extensions done,but if the asking price is more then the pats want to pay.it wont happen,and we can say bye-bye to who ever it is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

Kyle, I actually disagree.

If they can move Cassel quicklyenough, I think this is one season where they make another key tweak.

Minus what Cassel will cost they have more flexibility going down the road than they have in years, the the FA this year actually "fit" what we do here.

I think it is euqally likely that they sign someone like Suggs if he isn't tagged as it is likely that they do anything with Mankins if he wants a max deal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

some of those FA's looked like they didnt belong are you sure all of those guys are free this season? I am pretty sure at least Ricky Williams signed a extension and will not be a FA next season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

Blake,

I can't say enough about the guy. All three of the their big three from a few years ago a the best of the best. I would leave Lewis rather than take him, but not based on talent.

Suggs is IMO, the best all around linebacker in football. Kind of like Vrabel or Thomas but even better.

I would spend max dollars because he and one good corner ARE another Superbowl for this team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

[Quote]some of those FA's looked like they didnt belong are you sure all of those guys are free this season? I am pretty sure at least Ricky Williams signed a extension and will not be a FA next season.[/Quote]mvp-google 2009 nfl free agents.it will give you a list of who is available.and who is restricted,and who was extended.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

Suggs Suggs Suggs!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

[Quote]Suggs Suggs Suggs![/Quote]mighty i agree im not holding my breath,but he would be huge here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

Here is the whole list.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

Moss,

I try not to get ramped up either. I really hope they don't franch him again, but I was listening to a Baltimore writer on the radio a month ago and the vibe is that Suggs will have a fit if he is tagged again, so Baltimore is likely to not do it.

Baltimore is an uncomfortable spot though they had to do some major trimming to not bust the cap this season.

And with Ray Lewis, Dawan Landry, Suggs, Scott,and a host of other players, either Lewis or Suggs won't get a top offer. Now they could let Lewis go and go whole hog on Suggs, but I doubt it. And it is unlikely that they will have the room to franchise one and sign the other.

Ray Lewis won't take a tag either, so we know that won't happen, and it will cost them ~$10.5 million to tag Suggs because it is his second year tagged.

If their offer is the same as NE and they sign Lewis I wouldn't be suprised to see Suggs leave.

But the chances aren't the greatest, I realize there are a number of 3-4 teams that might be paying well for his services.

It just bears mentioning because he is IMHO, the absolute cream of the crop for FA this season. It is lik eRandy Moss last year. You just don't see the best player at his position go to FA every year.

If NE offered MAX contract to one player this decade it would have to be this kid because he IS that good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

[Quote]oh i beg the differ.i garruntee we will see one of these guys on our team next year.not everyone of these guys will demand big money.[/Quote]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

You were going to say.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

I like us getting Dansby, Goff, and Mike Brown. Then draft...

#1 pk 10 (for Cassel)-Taylor Mays- SS
    #1 pk 24- Vontae Davis-CB
    #2 pk 16 (Bolts)-Jermaine Gresham-TE
    #2 pk 24- Percy Harvin-WR'
    #3 pk 24-Phil Loadholt-OT
    #3 Pk Compensatory- Dom Johnson-CB
    Then go Best Avail. LB,OG, anything else

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

Anyone think that we will release a couple players that aren't contributing as expected before free agency to free up some extra money? Given the fact that this team appears that it will franchise Cassel for a little while as either insurance or trade.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

[Quote]Anyone think that we will release a couple players that aren't contributing as expected before free agency to free up some extra money? Given the fact that this team appears that it will franchise Cassel for a little while as either insurance or trade.[/Quote]wizard in this business its very possible.i would love for a couple to go bye-bye.its like i said in another post.this will be an off-season to remember.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

[Quote]Oh and that Cb group is great too.

Asomugha is a nice dream, but unless he is willing to accept less than he can get elsewhere, I have trouble seeing NE paying a CB more than they pay Tom Brady.

You could sign Dunta Robinson and Bryant McFadden who are two quality corners for less than it will cost to get Asomugha.

And Champ Bailey is also a player to watch. There is a small chance he will be cut, considering the groin injuries he has fought through the last few seasons and the fact that he is due $16 million in unguaranteed dollars the next two seasons.

I don't think Denver should or will cut a player of his caliber in his prime, but if it happened, he could be the kind of "ringless" superstarr that would be would take less than his market worth to play here.

Gamble has never been as effective as he was his rookie season. He, IMO, would be better in NE's defense than in Carolina's based on his skill set.

Dunta Robinson has been injured that last two seasons, and really hasn't been great since his rookie season. I think he is a potential target based on the risk reward ratio he represents. He won't get the $$$ that Asomugha or even Gamble will get just based on his size and health, but if he stays healthy can be a slightly taller version of Hobbs.

Bryant McFadden is a player I really like here. He has played 3-4 his whole pro career, and isn't the fastest or quickest, but is smart, durable and really physical. His rookie contract is just ending and he never really started there, so his value is depressed. He is much better than Deltha O'neal so as a "value" addition he could be great. Plus, I have to admit I like the idea of grabbing another "Vrabel" type addition from Pittsburgh. LOL.[/Quote]

Sections
Shortcuts