Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

here is a list of familiar names.who would you guys like to see land here?

RB,s-brandon jacobs,ricky willams,rudi johnson,darren sproles,dominac rhodes
    WR,s-tj houshmandzadeh,ashlie lelie,amani toomer
    OL-matt birk,mike goff,jorden gross,pete kendal,seth mckinney,john welbourne,jeff saturday.
    DL-julias peppers,albert haynesworth,terrel suggs,bertrand berry,chris canty,jovan haye,tank johnson marcus tubbs,.
    LB,s-ray lewis,eric barton,karlos dansby,mike peterson,bart scott,johnathan vilma,channing crowder,carlos polk,tyjuan hagler.willie mcginnest.
    DB-Nnamdi ASomugha,mike brown,brian dawkins,dunta robinson,chris gamble,phillip buchanon,bryant mcfaddin,justin miller,darren sharper,jermaine phillips,allen rossum,lawyer milloy,jabari greer,allen rossum.
    this isnt counting the players that could be released.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

I tell you what the OL players look intrigueing.if we can sign a couple players out of this list I cant see us doing anything wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

keep in mind alot of the top players on that list will be franchised, or resigned............nice to see some of those names, but in reality, very few top players will be available IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

Definatly Channing Crowder. I want to see Light vs Crowder 1/11/111/1V /V . LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanBlake. Show PatsFanBlake's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

zbellino

I would love to see Suggs in a Pats unifrom that guy is just plain sick...he has great skills and seems very aware....if we got him and picked up a good LB in the draft I think our injection of youth into the LBs would be almost complete. Esp with Guyton,Woods and Crable(untested so far).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from papifan111. Show papifan111's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

NEED CORNER WILL PAY

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

You people never learn...the Pats will not pay heavily for an O-Line or a CB...you will not see any of those listed on our team. We are currently stacked at RB, there is no way that the Pats will look to get another one....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

[Quote]You people never learn...the Pats will not pay heavily for an O-Line or a CB...you will not see any of those listed on our team. We are currently stacked at RB, there is no way that the Pats will look to get another one....[/Quote]oh i beg the differ.i garruntee we will see one of these guys on our team next year.not everyone of these guys will demand big money.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

[Quote]I don't think we're going to do much if anything in free agency. I see the Pats going after some of their own key free agents and extending Light, Neal, Seymour, and Wilfork, and perhaps Hobbs, Gostkowski, Kaczur, O'Callaghan, and Mankins who will restricted free agents. The Pats players that just became free agents are not exactly the most important players for this team. Cassel will have whatever is done for him. James Sanders and Gaffney are probably the only key players of the group, though I'm sure BB would be happy to have Evans, Paxton, Hanson, Hochstein, Izzo, Wright, Williams, and Jordan back. The Pats might be able to get involved in the free agent class after the Cassel situation is dealt with. I would not believe that the best FA's will be available then and the Pats would want to figure out how to extend all those linemen.[/Quote]i have to ask who is a key guy that is a free agent this year?cassel will be franchised,and possibly moved.who we do have thats a free agent this year wont cost us much.gaffney,heath evans,lamont jorden,deltha o-neil,larry izzo.no i dont see much money comeing out for these guys.i agree we will try,and get some contract extensions done,but if the asking price is more then the pats want to pay.it wont happen,and we can say bye-bye to who ever it is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

some of those FA's looked like they didnt belong are you sure all of those guys are free this season? I am pretty sure at least Ricky Williams signed a extension and will not be a FA next season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

[Quote]some of those FA's looked like they didnt belong are you sure all of those guys are free this season? I am pretty sure at least Ricky Williams signed a extension and will not be a FA next season.[/Quote]mvp-google 2009 nfl free agents.it will give you a list of who is available.and who is restricted,and who was extended.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

Suggs Suggs Suggs!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

[Quote]Suggs Suggs Suggs![/Quote]mighty i agree im not holding my breath,but he would be huge here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

Here is the whole list.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

You were going to say.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

I like us getting Dansby, Goff, and Mike Brown. Then draft...

#1 pk 10 (for Cassel)-Taylor Mays- SS
    #1 pk 24- Vontae Davis-CB
    #2 pk 16 (Bolts)-Jermaine Gresham-TE
    #2 pk 24- Percy Harvin-WR'
    #3 pk 24-Phil Loadholt-OT
    #3 Pk Compensatory- Dom Johnson-CB
    Then go Best Avail. LB,OG, anything else

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

Anyone think that we will release a couple players that aren't contributing as expected before free agency to free up some extra money? Given the fact that this team appears that it will franchise Cassel for a little while as either insurance or trade.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

[Quote]Anyone think that we will release a couple players that aren't contributing as expected before free agency to free up some extra money? Given the fact that this team appears that it will franchise Cassel for a little while as either insurance or trade.[/Quote]wizard in this business its very possible.i would love for a couple to go bye-bye.its like i said in another post.this will be an off-season to remember.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

[Quote]Oh and that Cb group is great too.

Asomugha is a nice dream, but unless he is willing to accept less than he can get elsewhere, I have trouble seeing NE paying a CB more than they pay Tom Brady.

You could sign Dunta Robinson and Bryant McFadden who are two quality corners for less than it will cost to get Asomugha.

And Champ Bailey is also a player to watch. There is a small chance he will be cut, considering the groin injuries he has fought through the last few seasons and the fact that he is due $16 million in unguaranteed dollars the next two seasons.

I don't think Denver should or will cut a player of his caliber in his prime, but if it happened, he could be the kind of "ringless" superstarr that would be would take less than his market worth to play here.

Gamble has never been as effective as he was his rookie season. He, IMO, would be better in NE's defense than in Carolina's based on his skill set.

Dunta Robinson has been injured that last two seasons, and really hasn't been great since his rookie season. I think he is a potential target based on the risk reward ratio he represents. He won't get the $$$ that Asomugha or even Gamble will get just based on his size and health, but if he stays healthy can be a slightly taller version of Hobbs.

Bryant McFadden is a player I really like here. He has played 3-4 his whole pro career, and isn't the fastest or quickest, but is smart, durable and really physical. His rookie contract is just ending and he never really started there, so his value is depressed. He is much better than Deltha O'neal so as a "value" addition he could be great. Plus, I have to admit I like the idea of grabbing another "Vrabel" type addition from Pittsburgh. LOL.[/Quote]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

Asomugha is a nice dream, but unless he is willing to accept less than he can get elsewhere, I have trouble seeing NE paying a CB more than they pay Tom Brady.

You could sign Dunta Robinson and Bryant McFadden who are two quality corners for less than it will cost to get Asomugha.

And Champ Bailey is also a player to watch. There is a small chance he will be cut, considering the groin injuries he has fought through the last few seasons and the fact that he is due $16 million in unguaranteed dollars the next two seasons.

I don't think Denver should or will cut a player of his caliber in his prime, but if it happened, he could be the kind of "ringless" superstarr that would be would take less than his market worth to play here.

Gamble has never been as effective as he was his rookie season. He, IMO, would be better in NE's defense than in Carolina's based on his skill set.

Dunta Robinson has been injured that last two seasons, and really hasn't been great since his rookie season. I think he is a potential target based on the risk reward ratio he represents. He won't get the $$$ that Asomugha or even Gamble will get just based on his size and health, but if he stays healthy can be a slightly taller version of Hobbs.

Bryant McFadden is a player I really like here. He has played 3-4 his whole pro career, and isn't the fastest or quickest, but is smart, durable and really physical. His rookie contract is just ending and he never really started there, so his value is depressed. He is much better than Deltha O'neal so as a "value" addition he could be great. Plus, I have to admit I like the idea of grabbing another "Vrabel" type addition from Pittsburgh. LOL.[/Quote]

You and I are in agreement ZB. Suggs would be the one player the Pats Brass might spend much dinero to acquire. I thought Dawon Landry was also available, but I could be wrong. Keeping all the great players on that Ravens team will be difficult, especially if they go to the AFCCG or further. I like Dawkins, but heis long in the tooth and I still believe the Pats SS sitiuation could be resolved via the draft. I like Goff Mac Fadden and Gross as well. At a cap projected to be 123 million, how much will the Pats be under the cap and is the Cassel franchise tag for real or is it all part of scheme to get value points for a player the Pats developed. 28 million for two qbs would be too much. The off-season will be great fun.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

You and I are in agreement ZB. Suggs would be the one player the Pats Brass might spend much dinero to acquire. I thought Dawon Landry was also available, but I could be wrong. Keeping all the great players on that Ravens team will be difficult, especially if they go to the AFCCG or further. I like Dawkins, but heis long in the tooth and I still believe the Pats SS sitiuation could be resolved via the draft. I like Goff Mac Fadden and Gross as well. At a cap projected to be 123 million, how much will the Pats be under the cap and is the Cassel franchise tag for real or is it all part of scheme to get value points for a player the Pats developed. 28 million for two qbs would be too much. The off-season will be great fun.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

2009 Free Agent Class

Sections
Shortcuts