1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigfoot14b. Show bigfoot14b's posts

2009 Red Sox: M*A*S*H Unit Needed

At the rate Guitar Boy is signing washed up, derelict and lame ballplayers that nobody else will even talk to, Francona better make room in the clubhouse for a traveling circus of therapists, surgeons, snake-oil salesman, witch doctors and 12 million feet of Duct Tape.

Good grief - Brad Penny, Josh Bard, Rocco Baldelli and John Smoltz. What's the matter Theo, did you lose Matt Clement's phone number?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

You impatient ones amuse the hell out of me...watch & learn is all you need to know!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4of11. Show 4of11's posts

LOl I hear that Sidney Posnson is next, at this point I think the jays ill easily beat you out for third. I know know one good wants to come to Boston but this is crazy. LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuckhndrsn. Show chuckhndrsn's posts

HAHAHAHAHA Law trying to act like he ever agrees with epstein hahaha when would you ever argue with an anti-theo statement? its the little moves that help complete the big picture be patient bandwagoners

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

if he was signing these guys as every day players that we were depending on riding to a championship, you guys would have a point.
    but considering that they are probably looking for about 30 starts from penny and smoltz combined, baldelli to be the 4th outfielder, and bard to be a backup catcher that may get to ascend to regular catcher, there's really nothing bad to say about these moves.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from theceez. Show theceez's posts

[Quote]if he was signing these guys as every day players that we were depending on riding to a championship, you guys would have a point.
    but considering that they are probably looking for about 30 starts from penny and smoltz combined, baldelli to be the 4th outfielder, and bard to be a backup catcher that may get to ascend to regular catcher, there's really nothing bad to say about these moves.[/Quote]

That is if no one gets hurt. What if Beckett and Dice-K go through their injuries again? JD Drew is now going to play a full season? Getting injured players for insurance against injury prone players is a recipe for disaster imo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brooklynyanqui. Show brooklynyanqui's posts

Congrats to Boy Wonder GM and the RS Nation on bringing in a 41 year old pitcher with a history of arm trouble.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

[Quote]Congrats to Boy Wonder GM and the RS Nation on bringing in a 41 year old pitcher with a history of arm trouble.[/Quote]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

[Quote]Congrats to Boy Wonder GM and the RS Nation on bringing in a 41 year old pitcher with a history of arm trouble.[/Quote]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Smoltz and Penny are most likely to be here for short term to allow Bowden and Buchholz and possibly other young pitchers to mature at the AAA level.

I see no problem with that. This organization seems to be set on grooming their draft picks rather than dealing them away.

Bard was signed because we need catchers , whether he becomes a starter or not is really not important. But before the signing the Red Sox had 0 major league catchers on the roster.

Baldelli is a home town boy. When he first came to the majors he was exciting to watch. The illness he suffers from is said to be treatable. I think it is a great chance for him to return to form and I think it is a low-risk move as the Sox outfield is set with Bay, Ellsbury, Drew. Rocco will proved an extra outfielder who has the potential to be an everyday players again, but at the very least he is a good pinch run, defense sub, pinch hit option to help round out the bench. No doubt will be more valuable then Sean Casey or Wily Mo Pena , who were strictly one dimensional players.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

[Quote]

That is if no one gets hurt. What if Beckett and Dice-K go through their injuries again? JD Drew is now going to play a full season? Getting injured players for insurance against injury prone players is a recipe for disaster imo[/Quote]

assuming that beckett, dicek, lester, wakefield, and penny is the starting 5 and beckett and dicek get injured (dice-k was injured last year? if he was im sure it was pretty mild cuz he started 29 games), they have smoltz, buchholz, bowden, d. bard, and even masterson or tazawa that could step in and eat some innings while the injuries heal. they are as deep as any other team in MLB at starting pitcher, which is the most important position for a winning team.

drew is the only guy you listed there that is actually injury prone. i wouldnt call beckett injury prone unless he was having blister problems last year and that was why he wasnt himself. and dicek has started 61 games in 2 years. and im expecting the sox to sign either kotsay or another corner 1B/OFer in case baldelli cant play in 50 games this year. that is if they are not impressed enough with bailey to give him that spot. i think the front office is a tad smarter than you're giving them credit for.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

[Quote]

Actually Burnet missed that postseason do to arm problems.[/Quote]

lol. nice

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

[Quote]Why include Wakefield and Buchholz as a valid part of the Red Sox pitching rotation? That is just silly. My 11 year old nephew could hit a home run off Wakefield. Until Buchholz can stop curling up on the pitcher's mound like a girl having a nervous breakdown he's not going to win consistently.

Those are two wasted roster spots right there. Smoltz isn't available until June and how long will it take him to get right? Will he stay off the DL? Brad Penny? You're serious? Forcing Lester, Dice K and Beckett to carry this pitching staff will require RSN to hold our breaths all year.

Theo had PLENTY of chances...blew them all and now the Sox fortunes depend on retreads and an injury free season.[/Quote]

As has been pointed out to you... Wakefield won 10 games last year and the bullpen blew plenty more. In addition, he had an ERA of 4.14, compared to Burnett's 4.07. Not saying he's better, just saying for a fifth starter that is very decent.

As has been asked of you many times before that you've avoided, what big FA splash would you like to have seen Theo make? Specifically, who would you have liked to have seen Theo sign?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AKADahGimpstah3. Show AKADahGimpstah3's posts

Continues to dismiss 30 starts of great contribution to harp on one game of non-contribution.

And he wonders why his opinion is invalid.

Actually, wait....no he doesn't. He insists his opinion is fact bordering on gospel.

All other opinions BASED on fact are invalid in his world.

Sad, lonely place.

84 posts in 3 days, banned, returns to fire up a new name and hours more of wasted life. Just wow. 32 freaking posts already.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I believe the yankee troll ought to set up the same (i.e. MASH) for Burnett (we coulda signed 'im) and fatty (no thanks)...accidents waiting to happen. Of course, most of their BIG contracts are tied up in people over the age of 30. The human body actually begins a reversal of the aging process at/around the age of 35. (Yes, you live in a glass house- I can see you!)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

4 of 11... What do you call the Yankees? Posada, Damon, Matsui, Rivera, heck even Jeter... Are they old and aging?

The Red Sox core is of Papelbon, Pedroia, Youkilis, Lester, Dice-K, Delcarmen, the list goes on. They're aging??? Get a clue

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

[Quote]

As has been pointed out to you... Wakefield won 10 games last year and the bullpen blew plenty more. In addition, he had an ERA of 4.14, compared to Burnett's 4.07. Not saying he's better, just saying for a fifth starter that is very decent.

As has been asked of you many times before that you've avoided, what big FA splash would you like to have seen Theo make? Specifically, who would you have liked to have seen Theo sign?[/Quote]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

The Yanks own the division huh? They sure did last year, right? Gammons didn't pick the Red Sox to win the division. Since you obviously don't know much about baseball, I'll inform you that there's a thing called a Wild Card. That gets you to the playoffs. Since the Yankees are built from a team of postseason CHOKERS (A-rod, Sabathia, Jeter of late).. I'll take the Sox chances with guys who thrive there

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LouieDaLipp. Show LouieDaLipp's posts

Every team has injury issues. Every team has injury prone players. Ken Griffey Jr. is coming off of back to back 500 at bat seasons???? You never know!! Taking chances is part of many winning formula's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

[Quote][Quote]

As has been asked of you many times before that you've avoided, what big FA splash would you like to have seen Theo make? Specifically, who would you have liked to have seen Theo sign?[/Quote][/Quote]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

As has been asked of you many times before that you've avoided, what big FA splash would you like to have seen Theo make? Specifically, who would you have liked to have seen Theo sign?

Well Flaw....were waiting....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kinchow. Show Kinchow's posts

Law- no one is claiming that Wakefield alone will deliver us to the promise-land. he's an aging pitcher who's best days are behind him. No one is arguing that.

BUT

Wakefield IS aging fast, but the catch is- he throws a knuckleball. because this pitch is based on technique and grip- and not on muscle or power, he can consistantly pitch deep into games with minimum wear-and tear on his arm. his injury problems have been back-related, not his arm. The trade-off is that his pitch is suceptable to irregularities and effected by variables such as wind, humidity, etc.

At $4mil per year... he is a STEAL! try something new... RESEARCH.
    Look around the league. find out the average salary of most team's #5 starter. Then look at that starter's ERA and win/loss record. you will see that Wakefield (even with all his shortcomings) provides the Sox with fantastic value. the man eats innings. lets hope that we won't be asking him to take the mound in the post season for any meaningful starts, but i for one, am glad that this PROFESSIONAL is on our team, guiding our youngsters.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

[Quote]Reasoning isn't an art, it's a skill. Can we add misuse of cliche to your growing list of liabilities?

Poor Theo Chicks...can't even respond to basic statements about baseball.[/Quote]

Wow. It's pitiful that the exact post after I ask for probably the tenth time a SIMPLE baseball question you post this. You have been avoiding this for weeks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

It isn't a stupid question. I have never seen your opinion, so please refresh me. Since you answered it months ago, who would your ideal signings have been?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

...Anything?