1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil. Show snakeoil's posts

5 of the top 6 on this board about manny

Wow. 5 of the top 6 posts on the board are about Manny. You guys on BOTH sides are creeping me out. The dude was my favorite player on the Red Sox and I was
    p issed when they traded him.

But my God. Do you think he is sitting around thinking about the Red Sox? Act a tiny little bit more like men.

Lecture over.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Now, 6 out of 7.

Hey, they are still talking about the Sox giving up the Babe, brace yourself, it ain't over.

Theo apologists keep saying once we admit Manny drove himself outta town, they will stop writing. I think almost everyone of us has said Manny was no angel and brought a lot of the mess on himself (except maybe law), but at least we are not trying to rewrite history and say, as some are here, that Manny had no role or 1/25th role of us getting the rings. They smooth over his PO stats like he never got a key hit or walk. Some will say, "Manny helped", then immediately bring up some facts that he had a bad 4 game stretch or even 1 AB (vs Rivera) to show he was a non factor. It is crazy and delusional for them to think he wasn't one of the top 3-6 players responsible for BOTH rings.

Lecture over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil. Show snakeoil's posts

I agree with you about Manny. But I can say it once and move on.

I just think I would have the self control to keep it to one thread and not flood the board with it, If you don't have that self control no big thing to me. I just thought my pointing it out that just maybe someone might look in the mirror and recognize that it is common board "any board" etiquette to not start a new thread on a subject where one is already active.

By the way this thread is not about Manny as you claim in your "6 of 7"comment. It is about men acting like petulant children and it is about me have to scroll down to find a thread that has not been started by the same two or three people about the same subject.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

SNAKEOIL........ NO LECTURE...... BUT YOU DO HAVE TO ADMIT THAT THIS IS F U N WATCHING HOW THIS PLAYS OUT....... I NEVER SAID THAT HE WASN'T A G R E AT HITTER !!!! HOWEVER, MAN-CHILD & B O R A $ $ ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR HARMING THE GAME AND THE STRUCTURE OF TEAMS........ I AM THRILLED THAT THIS IS PLAYING OUT AS IS.... THE IDEAR OF 100MIL FOR 4 YEARS TO THOSE T W O IN TODAYS WORLD IS MORE LIKE FANTASY LAND !!! THE WATCH CONTINUES !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

It is funny, I have not started any thread about the Man-Child.....Hmmm....maybe we should look at those people and talk to them....

Trust me, I would not be talking about him if some people were not sucking him dry and wiping their chins....Right FLAW1 and FLAW2?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I've never seen anything like this. Maybe 10,000 posts about Manny, even though he was replaced with someone with similar stats. Of course, 9,000 of the posts were by one poster.

Part of the problem is that some of the posters just want to b1tch and don't really care if we are successful. This is almost identical to when Pedro left. It's probably the same poster as well. The Pedro freak made thousands of posts in the first year. Then disappeared when Pedro went down. Re-appeared before his return to Boston, then disapeared after the shelling. Re-appeared just prior to the 2007 POs, saying how important he'd be to us, and would be worth the $52M for his assistance in 2007. Then disappeared after we won.

If the Manny freak and the Pedro freak are the same person, it's possible he's devoted 100s of thousands of posts to this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[Quote]Now, 6 out of 7.

Hey, they are still talking about the Sox giving up the Babe, brace yourself, it ain't over.

Theo apologists keep saying once we admit Manny drove himself outta town, they will stop writing. I think almost everyone of us has said Manny was no angel and brought a lot of the mess on himself (except maybe law), but at least we are not trying to rewrite history and say, as some are here, that Manny had no role or 1/25th role of us getting the rings. They smooth over his PO stats like he never got a key hit or walk. Some will say, "Manny helped", then immediately bring up some facts that he had a bad 4 game stretch or even 1 AB (vs Rivera) to show he was a non factor. It is crazy and delusional for them to think he wasn't one of the top 3-6 players responsible for BOTH rings.

Lecture over.
    [/Quote]

Moon, since you seem to be a bit more into reality than Law, let me try this. YOU ARE RIGHT. Manny is the main reason the Sox won both titles. You are also right, it it were not for Theo, Manny would still be in a Sox uniform and happy. That said, what good does it do to debate this until Christ comes a second time. I used to live in the past. Rice, Lynn and Evans were my favorite players. One day, Lynn was in an Angels uniform. Evans was playing for the Orioles. Time marches on. Law (and you to a lesser extent) keeps the Manny talk going when it would die if he (and you) moved on. I did not pack the bobbleheads away when Manny was traded. But, I don't rock back and forth crying about it either. What is the point?

I give Manny a huge amount of credit for both rings. If people downplay his role or rewrite history, it might be because Law says everything is all about Manny. It is human nature for others to go 100% the other way.

Law's point may be to WIN every discussion. That is not what I do. I have never been happier than 2004 (for my mom) and 2007 (for me). When I come to this board, I can read all negative threads/posts ABOUT THOSE YEARS. And those negative posts come from Sox fans, or so they claim. Is there no joy in people's lives that all their time is spent trying to prove that people who like Theo and the direction of the team are wrong and they are right? When does it end?

I come back to this board because I have been here since 2004 and it is a place I used to love visiting. That has changed. Whether Law wants to admit that or not, it has more to do with him than anyone else. Not just his posts, but his tone as well as him never being wrong or giving an inch. People then respond and it becomes a complete cluster f*@k. I guess Law gets enjoyment from this. I don't. As much as I want to leave this site, it is like "comfort food". At least it used to be. I want to see what happen once the real season starts. If Law, or anyone else, posts after every loss that the loss was Theo's fault because Manny would have hit a HR when Jason Bay did not, I'll know that this site has truly "jumped the shark" if it has not already.

There was no one crashing threads in previous years. The tenor of the whole board has changed. Why have I had ONE SCREEN NAME since 2004 while Law has had 20 in the last 3 months? Is it because everyone else has it out for him or is it because he annoys people to know end?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Theo apologists keep saying once we admit Manny drove himself outta town, they will stop writing.

I am yet to read someone actually say that. Maybe I am wrong, but this is a touch of hyperbole, just as naming anyone who see management's side in any Sox-related issue a Theo Apologist. I personally generally agree with the decisions the FO has made in that past few years, so you can plant me firmly in the idiotically-named Theo Chick camp if you must. But, I think Manny was poorly-handled and railroaded, not just last year, but going back to the beginning of this ownership. Manny Ramirez is one of my favorite all-time players and it was terrible to see him go. And the way he went was messed up. And, even if he didn't have the 2nd half he had with the Dodgers, I think we make the WS with Manny cleanup last year. So, yeah man, it was messed up. And painful.

But, I agree with Snake's sentiment that its probably time to GET OVER IT. If for no other reason than all the sour grapes are not good for the blood pressure and general disposition. And, it keeps the blinders on to the fact that this club right now is pretty exciting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]

Moon, since you seem to be a bit more into reality than Law, let me try this. YOU ARE RIGHT. Manny is the main reason the Sox won both titles. You are also right, it it were not for Theo, Manny would still be in a Sox uniform and happy. That said, what good does it do to debate this until Christ comes a second time. I used to live in the past. Rice, Lynn and Evans were my favorite players. One day, Lynn was in an Angels uniform. Evans was playing for the Orioles. Time marches on. Law (and you to a lesser extent) keeps the Manny talk going when it would die if he (and you) moved on. I did not pack the bobbleheads away when Manny was traded. But, I don't rock back and forth crying about it either. What is the point?

I give Manny a huge amount of credit for both rings. If people downplay his role or rewrite history, it might be because Law says everything is all about Manny. It is human nature for others to go 100% the other way.

Law's point may be to WIN every discussion. That is not what I do. I have never been happier than 2004 (for my mom) and 2007 (for me). When I come to this board, I can read all negative threads/posts ABOUT THOSE YEARS. And those negative posts come from Sox fans, or so they claim. Is there no joy in people's lives that all their time is spent trying to prove that people who like Theo and the direction of the team are wrong and they are right? When does it end?

I come back to this board because I have been here since 2004 and it is a place I used to love visiting. That has changed. Whether Law wants to admit that or not, it has more to do with him than anyone else. Not just his posts, but his tone as well as him never being wrong or giving an inch. People then respond and it becomes a complete cluster f*@k. I guess Law gets enjoyment from this. I don't. As much as I want to leave this site, it is like "comfort food". At least it used to be. I want to see what happen once the real season starts. If Law, or anyone else, posts after every loss that the loss was Theo's fault because Manny would have hit a HR when Jason Bay did not, I'll know that this site has truly "jumped the shark" if it has not already.

There was no one crashing threads in previous years. The tenor of the whole board has changed. Why have I had ONE SCREEN NAME since 2004 while Law has had 20 in the last 3 months? Is it because everyone else has it out for him or is it because he annoys people to know end?[/Quote]

Manny was the main reason they won BOTH titles? Really? How come HE didn't win anything before Schilling showed up and hasn't won anything since? Why has he not won anything in Cleveland? LOL! I love the blind love that Manny chicks posses.

Since you seem to have a slightly larger brain than FLAW, then maybe you can tell us how Theo drove him out of town?
    Manny hired Bore-A$$.
    Manny asked for the Sox to promise to not pick up the 2 years...
    What would you expect the Red Sox front office to do?
    They had 2 choices...pick up the options and listen to the man-child cry all the way to the bank or trade him.

And thank God they got a better baseball player to replace him.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

M1020US....... GOOD POST , WELL PUT !!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[Quote]

Manny was the main reason they won BOTH titles? Really? How come HE didn't win anything before Schilling showed up and hasn't won anything since? Why has he not won anything in Cleveland? LOL! I love the blind love that Manny chicks posses.

Since you seem to have a slightly larger brain than FLAW, then maybe you can tell us how Theo drove him out of town?
    Manny hired Bore-A$$.
    Manny asked for the Sox to promise to not pick up the 2 years...
    What would you expect the Red Sox front office to do?
    They had 2 choices...pick up the options and listen to the man-child cry all the way to the bank or trade him.

And thank God they got a better baseball player to replace him.....[/Quote]

M1020US...I hope you realize my post was sarcastically directed at Moon. I totally agree with you. It seems like the Manny love has gone over the edge. If the Sox picked up the options, Manny would have pouted. That fact seems to be ignored by the Theo haters/Manny lovers. By the way, I like Theo and I loved Manny. The guy had to go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[Quote]

M1020US...I hope you realize my post was sarcastically directed at Moon. I totally agree with you. It seems like the Manny love has gone over the edge. If the Sox picked up the options, Manny would have pouted. That fact seems to be ignored by the Theo haters/Manny lovers. By the way, I like Theo and I loved Manny. The guy had to go.[/Quote]

If people can't even understand what "NO Manny-No Rings" means, even after 10+ pages, they certainly can't deal with sarcasm.

It's not "Manny love" to defend against people trying to say Manny played no significant role in getting the rings. Manny was a jerk, I said it many times. I also said, after Theo accused him of faking, it had gotten to the point of no return and he had to go. Just because I said Theo had a role in Manny's departure, doesn't mean I think Manny was a saint. He was far far from that. Let's get over it and move on to 2009. People say, I'm the one obsessed with Manny, look again, it seems everyone still is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

People say, let's get over Manny, yet almost every thread mentions him.

We talked about losing the Babefor 80 some-odd-years, until the "spell" was broken. I hope we don't have to talk about Manny that long.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Manny is bumed-out nobody loves him anymore and Borass is pissed everyone hates him...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

But my God. Do you think he is sitting around thinking about the Red Sox? Act a tiny little bit more like men.

He may not be sitting around thinking about the Sox as a team but I bet he's sitting around thinking about the pay checks the ownership used to give him!

...and by the looks of things in Ft Myers and the people I have talked to for the past 2 weeks there no one seems to really care that he's gone and with no Manny jerseys in sight makes it an even more exciting spring!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpieretti. Show mpieretti's posts

The only thing that will stop the manny threads is some good old fashioned WINNING.
    Though that won't com-plete-ly do it either becuase this board is full of haters.

People that hate if you win, hate if you lose.
    People that hate because deep down they hate EVERYTHING...
    including themselves.

So the only thing to do is ignore the haters, not take their bait, don't mention their name, and hope to HIGH HEAVEN the sawx come out BLAZING. Bats swinging, fastballs flying, home runs sailing... and then, some good ole fashion WINNING.
    Like 20 and 4 to open the season. That will set em straight!!!
    It's baseball gdamnit. The greatest game of em all.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[Quote]Moonslav detests the Manny threads but for some reason he either starts them or smells them out from a mile away. We still don't know if he is a Yankee fan posing as a Red Sox critic or just obsessed somehow with Manny love. In any event he is seldom seen on any thread that is positive about the Red Sox. He just came onto the Bucholz thread to extend his sincere wishes for Bucholz to fail. You are correct, it is best to ignore him. He has lost his Law hat that he enjoyed wearing for recent months since that act ran its course. Even his #1 enabler Busch is ashamed of him now and ignores him.[/Quote]

You are wrong on so many levels , it is sad.
    1) I never said I detest Manny threads, I was just pointing out how everyone seems to want to talk about nothing but Manny, and people blamed law and I.
    2) I have been on many non-Manny threads praising Wake, Theo, Ortiz, Schill, Varitek, and many many more. Maybe you don't read them, because you only go to Manny threads.
    3) I never went on the Buch thread "
    to extend his sincere wishes for Bucholz to fail." Someone said they wanted to see Buch pitch great, all I said was the truth: It wouldn't be in Boston. That is not wishing he fails. Your flawed logic shows again. I Hope Buch makes the ML team and goes 20-0, but I am a realist. He will be lucky to get called up in September with all the pitchers we have on this staff. I happen to think Bowden will be ahead of Buch by Sept.
    4) I think Manny is a jerk and immature, you somehow equate being true to history and defending what is true and right as "love". It is you who has issues, not me.
    5) You say it is best to ignore me all the time, and yet you keep coming back for more schooling over and over.
    6) I hadn't noticed Busch's shame.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[Quote]The only thing that will stop the manny threads is some good old fashioned WINNING.
    Though that won't com-plete-ly do it either becuase this board is full of haters.

People that hate if you win, hate if you lose.
    People that hate because deep down they hate EVERYTHING...
    including themselves.

So the only thing to do is ignore the haters, not take their bait, don't mention their name, and hope to HIGH HEAVEN the sawx come out BLAZING. Bats swinging, fastballs flying, home runs sailing... and then, some good ole fashion WINNING.
    Like 20 and 4 to open the season. That will set em straight!!!
    It's baseball gdamnit. The greatest game of em all.[/Quote]

Winning stopped the Babe Ruth talk, hopefully you are right. Go Sox 2009!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeseman. Show cheeseman's posts

[Quote]

Winning stopped the Babe Ruth talk, hopefully you are right. Go Sox 2009![/Quote]

I think its still pretty soon after the breakup. The shock has just worn off for me personally. For better or worse Manny Ramirez was a huge security blanket and covered up holes in the lineup for almost a decade. Thats a hard thing to just forget, and harder to replace.
    I agree though, winning cures everything but if we slip......... part of the blame is gonna fall right or wrong on a front office that allowed a player to do his own thing for years and then decided after two rings and multiple all star games and a World Series MVP that they just couldn't take it anymore.
    And I'm gonna be throwing some of that blame, and I'll be right to do it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[Quote]

I think its still pretty soon after the breakup. The shock has just worn off for me personally. For better or worse Manny Ramirez was a huge security blanket and covered up holes in the lineup for almost a decade. Thats a hard thing to just forget, and harder to replace.
    I agree though, winning cures everything but if we slip......... part of the blame is gonna fall right or wrong on a front office that allowed a player to do his own thing for years and then decided after two rings and multiple all star games and a World Series MVP that they just couldn't take it anymore.
    And I'm gonna be throwing some of that blame, and I'll be right to do it.[/Quote]
    and throwing blame at the FO, does not take away from the blame Manny deserves. He was an immature jerk, who made many poor choices, got away with many of them, then listened to Boras too much and now he's gone. Maybe if the FO had handled things differently, he'd still be here, we may never know. I'm sure if Manny puts up huge numbers the next 2 years and the Sox miss the playoffs, there will be many throwing the blame around. Let's hope the Sox win it all, and it won't matter what Manny does.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeseman. Show cheeseman's posts

[Quote]
    and throwing blame at the FO, does not take away from the blame Manny deserves. He was an immature jerk, who made many poor choices, got away with many of them, then listened to Boras too much and now he's gone. Maybe if the FO had handled things differently, he'd still be here, we may never know. I'm sure if Manny puts up huge numbers the next 2 years and the Sox miss the playoffs, there will be many throwing the blame around. Let's hope the Sox win it all, and it won't matter what Manny does.[/Quote]

I just miss the player on the field man, I hope we win it all every year. This front office couldn't keep one of the most productive three players in team history on the field while having a complete knowledge of his attitude and antics. Thus, the product on the field will suffer, in my opinion, and that is the job of the front office-to put the best product on the field. I feel they may have contributed to all of the problems with this player, and then they told me about it through the media....hindsight is twenty twenty vision though.
    In the end, he's gone, and its a new season. I cant wait.

Sections
Shortcuts